DVDVR Message Board

2022 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

11 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Did we discuss the Drago movie and I missed/forgot it?

The reason I didn’t mention it is because I couldn’t remember and I know we were just having a Rocky discussion somewhere *waves arms*

Edit - somewhere turned out to be the TV thread 

Samaritan

I am sure someone will tell me this a random graphic novel or something but fuck it, I am putting it here

Sylvester Stallone continues to lean into being a broken old man

Directed by Julius Avery (Overlord)

11 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

But... Why?

Eh, the kids deez days, always on those vidya games! Every time I come home, there's Johnny on his vidya games, can't even say hi to his ol' dad! They can't get enough of that Pack Guy and his ghosts. Let's make a picture, call that Josh Gad kid and get him fitted for a yella circle!

John Krasinki/Chris Pine/Pratt/Hemsworth trapped inside Tron…I mean Pong, while running into vintage game characters like shitty ET played by Peter Dinklage or Paperboy played Timothy Chalamet. Then they win and say “So that happened!” followed by an ironic nostalgia gag like Sisqo singing the Pong Song. Pay me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Girl with an ethereal sounding voice singing a haunting, slow version of Pac Man Fever.

Do the Donkey Kong is the superior song on the Buckner & Garcia video game song album.

The world does not need a cover of Pac-Man Fever by Billie Eilish.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, (BP) said:

John Krasinki/Chris Pine/Pratt/Hemsworth trapped inside Tron…I mean Pong, while running into vintage game characters like shitty ET played by Peter Dinklage or Paperboy played Timothy Chalamet. Then they win and say “So that happened!” followed by an ironic nostalgia gag like Sisqo singing the Pong Song. Pay me. 

Just make Wreck It Ralph 3. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The Son - which is the adaptation of the stage play of the same name - has been announced as releasing on Nov 11. Clearly Sony Pictures hates them as that is the same day as both Black Panther: Wakanda Forever and The Fabelmans (Steve Spielberg’s semi-autobiographical drama) open

The Son is directed by Florian Zeller and stars Hugh Jackman, Laura Dern, Vanessa Kirby, Anthony Hopkins, and Zen McGrath.

Bones & All

EDIT - I should note this technically could go in Horror as Chalamet and Russell are playing cannibals. It is labelled as a "coming-of-age romance-horror film"

Edited by RIPPA