DVDVR Message Board

2022 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

13 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

HOCUS POCUS 2

Starring Bette Midler, Kathy Najimy, and Sarah Jessica Parker

Streaming on Disney+, Sept 30.

Weird sequel I didn't know I wanted but am totally OK with. None of them have aged?! Must be witchcraft.

• Haha 1

Someone in one of the threads around here brought up Viggo Mortensen and the Thai soccer team rescue movie and lo and behold

Thirteen Lives

Directed: Ron Howard

Viggo Mortensen, Colin Farrell, Joel Edgerton, Weir Sukollawat (Malila), Thiraphat Sajakul (The Serpent), Sahajak Boonthanakit (The Serpent), Vithaya Pansringarm (The Prey), Teeradon “James” Supapunpinyo (Bad Genius), Nophand Boonyai (Only God Forgives), Tom Bateman (Death on the Nile), Paul Gleeson (The Thin Red Line), and Lewis Fitz-Gerald (Pitch Black)

Movie is getting a one week release in theaters at end of July and then will be on Prime

1 hour ago, (BP) said:

If Elon’s not dragged to hell for his tiny submarine coffin idea or the slander against the actual rescuers then no buys, Ron Coward. 

I was gonna say, somebody better drag his ass for calling the main rescuer a pedophile for refusing his supervillian submarine idea.

1 hour ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Cameron Diaz is back. Starting production on a Netflix movie later this year, co-starring Jamie Foxx. First film for her since 2014, putting aside an uncredited cameo in the last Charlie's Angels movie. 

It is called Back in Action

Movie is being directed by Seth Gordon (Horrible Bosses)

Amusingly - I guess the project is so new, there is no IMDB listing for it yet.

On 6/29/2022 at 2:43 AM, Leonidas said:

Weird sequel I didn't know I wanted but am totally OK with. None of them have aged?! Must be witchcraft.

Sarah jessica Horseface has to do something besides sex and the city I guess. . . 

3 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Guess who just got herself a Netflix bio series? @DEAN

If this entry is to be believed, this actress gained 60+ pounds to play Dump and a spent an entire year preparing for this.

That sounds cool.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Guess who just got herself a Netflix bio series? @DEAN

If this entry is to be believed, this actress gained 60+ pounds to play Dump and a spent an entire year preparing for this.

Yuriyan Retriever is an amazing comedian. She pops up in a lot of Japanese comedy shows. Gordlow would know more about her. She has some amateur wrestling background too, and is obsessed with pro-wrestling, so I don't doubt she's put her soul into this. Definitely going to be something to look out for.

Edited by Leonidas
  • Like 2

This one will star 50 Cent in place of Will Smith and Bill Pullman will be replaced by his understudy, a mannequin with a movable mouth. 

Jeff Goldblum will reprise his role because Brad Bellflower needs all the moneys

All three will burn to death in a California wildfire that occurs at the same time as a level 8 earthquake and a nuclear missile strike.

Edited by Curt McGirt

Actors I frequently mix up:

Bill Pullman and Jeff Daniels.

Kurt Russell and Jeff Bridges.

No idea why, it's just a mental block.  I've had it since I was at least a teen.  I remember going to the movies with friends and my dad was convinced we were out partying and I was lying about the movie.  He said "oh yeah?  What movie did you see?"  The movie was Tango & Cash.  He said "WHO WAS IN IT?"  Yep, I fucked that one up and he figured I was lying. 

• Like 1

The Woman King

Director: Gina Prince-Bythewood (Old Guard)

Viola Davis, Thuso Mbedu, Lashana Lynch, John Boyega, Adrienne Warren, Jayme Lawson, Hero Fiennes Tiffin, Sheila Atim,

• Like 1

Amsterdam

Latest from David O Russell

Three main characters are played by Christian Bale, Margo Robbie and John David Washington

Cast is enormous however

Rami Malek, Anya Taylor-Joy, Robert, DeNiro, Chris Rock, Taylor Swift, Alessandro Nivola, Andrea Riseborough, Matthias Schoenaerts, Michael Shannon, Mike Myers and Zoe Saldaña.

And I am positive I forgot some folks

I wonder what kind of movies Kevin Smith would be making now if he was the one who became a prestige director and David O Russell was about to release Spanking the Monkey 3: Still Spanking. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2