Pinochhio

Director: Robert Zemeckis

• Tom Hanks - Geppetto
  • Benjamin Evan Ainsworth - Pinochhio
  • Joseph Gordon-Levitt - Jiminy Cricket
  • Cynthia Erivo - The Blue Fairy
  • Luke Evans - The Coachman
  • Keegan-Michael Key - Honest John
  • Lorraine Bracco - Sofia the Seagull (a new character made just for the live-action film)

If I didn't know any better I would think this was a SNL skit

It’s so funny that Disney had Zemeckis making this piece of shit at the same time they were letting the Lonely Island guys drag all of his 2000s animated movies in Rescue Rangers. 

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Pinochhio

Director: Robert Zemeckis

• Tom Hanks - Geppetto
  • Benjamin Evan Ainsworth - Pinochhio
  • Joseph Gordon-Levitt - Jiminy Cricket
  • Cynthia Erivo - The Blue Fairy
  • Luke Evans - The Coachman
  • Keegan-Michael Key - Honest John
  • Lorraine Bracco - Sofia the Seagull (a new character made just for the live-action film)

If I didn't know any better I would think this was a SNL skit

I approve since whomever thought of this remembered that the animated original was also creepy nightmare fuel.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Unless they're sitting on live-action Lion King level trash, show us the dang puppet! 

It's funny that we (myself included) call it "live-action" when its all CGI.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leonidas said:

Dang Tom Hanks just won't say no to anything will he? He really needs a Henry Fonda moment in OUATITW, to play an out and out bad guy. Would really freshen him up for me.

I haven't seen it but wasn't he a bad guy in that movie with Emma Watson? I think it was called The Circle 

• Like 2

The Menu

Anya Taylor-Joy, Ralph Fiennes, and Nicholas Hoult

It is labelled as a "dark comedy thriller" but the trailer definitely plays up the thriller part

On 5/23/2022 at 9:39 PM, RIPPA said:

Another trailer for Elvis

This trailer does a good job of giving you enough information to allow you to decide if this movie will infuriate you or not

Lisa/GG is a best friend of mine who passed way too soon, she was only 26. Since then her Mum, Alyson has also become a best friend to me especially the last five years. Alyson worships Elvis Presley as do most of her friends. Be interesting to see the reactions from them.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

The Princess

Director: Le-Van Kiet

Joey King, Dominic Cooper, Olga Kurylenko, and Veronica Ngo

I saw it described as "Rapunzel meets The Raid" so I thought "Oh hey - it is probably a light Teen movie with some action"

The fucker is rated R

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The Princess

Director: Le-Van Kiet

Joey King, Dominic Cooper, Olga Kurylenko, and Veronica Ngo

I saw it described as "Rapunzel meets The Raid" so I thought "Oh hey - it is probably a light Teen movie with some action"

The fucker is rated R

That feels like a movie I've seen 50 times in the last few years, just in a different setting.  

I see that trailer and I wonder if 1992 Mike Judge, who wrote a didactic series about two kids growing up in Boomer middle America, commenting on absentee parents, societal and educational failures, and corporate-dictated entertainment...  would want to stab 2022 Mike Judge in the eye for the bald-faced corruption of his characters and vision. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I see that trailer and I wonder if 1992 Mike Judge, who wrote a didactic series about two kids growing up in Boomer middle America, commenting on absentee parents, societal and educational failures, and corporate-dictated entertainment...  would want to stab 2022 Mike Judge in the eye for the bald-faced corruption of his characters and vision. 

Ummm ...OK dude ...it doesn't look that bad... actually it looks pretty funny to me...

• Like 1

On 6/3/2022 at 11:25 AM, (BP) said:

I’d like to hear Mike Judge do the Rollins “I didn’t sell out, I bought in” promo in Boomhauer’s voice. 

"The Outsiders become the Insiders."

• Like 1