DVDVR Message Board

2022 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

55 minutes ago, Tabe said:

Murray has been difficult and abusive to work with since forever. Sounds like time ran out on people enabling him. 

Difficult and abusive to live with too, according to his second wife. Basically he's been an alcoholic asshole most of his life, but then he shows at someone's birthday party out of the blue or pops up to color comment on a Cubs game and everybody talk about how quirky and lovable he is again...

• Like 2

PAWS OF FURY: THE LEGEND OF HANK

Comes to theaters in July. Film was in developmental hell for years (first announced in 2014 with release planned in 2017).

Film was originally titled "Blazing Samurai," and a scene at the end of the trailer pretty much explains why.

Why do I have a feeling the two funniest parts of this movie could be found in the trailer?

BODIES BODIES BODIES

Starring Amandla Stenberg, Maria Bakalova, Lee Pace, and Pete Davison

--

It's straight up billing itself as a black comedy, so I'm putting this here. 

• Like 1

I agree with posting it here.  Bodies Bodies Bodies is more murder mystery than horror film.  It feels like the millennial version of And Then There Were None.

Edited by J.T.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I am shocked - SHOCKED - that Nintendo would delay something that didn't even have a title till 2023

I swear they've used that same verbiage before to announce delays with other things.

Puss in Boots: The Last Wish has been delayed until Dec 21 (it was supposed to come out Sept 23)

So if you want to ruin your Christmas - that is one way

• Haha 1

The forever teased Wicked movie has now been split into two movies

Both will be released on Christmas Day - 2024 and 2025

The news comes directly from Jon M. Chu who is directing

I nearly passed out when I heard this morning that Denis Villeneuve is going to adapt Rendezvous with Rama by Arthur C. Clarke into a screenplay.  I know it will probably be awesome since Denis is killing it in the speculative fiction department so far, but I hope the movie won't last thirty-seven hours.

• Like 1

I am hoping that the Barbie movie will have some subversive spots but It can't be but so sketchy if they expect to make millions of dollars packing pre-teen girls and their moms into every theater in the world.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The forever teased Wicked movie has now been split into two movies

Both will be released on Christmas Day - 2024 and 2025

The news comes directly from Jon M. Chu who is directing

I will not believe that movie is real until I'm actually in the theater watching it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Raziel said:

I will not believe that movie is real until I'm actually in the theater watching it.

I don't know if there is a movie version of "Vaporware" but this movie definitely is it

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

I am hoping that the Barbie movie will have some subversive spots but It can't be but so sketchy if they expect to make millions of dollars packing pre-teen girls and their moms into every theater in the world.

Sly jokes about neither of them having reproductive organs??

Edited by Technico Support

3 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Sly jokes about neither of them having reproductive organs??

Alan Rickman's delivery of "I'm an angel.  I am as anatomically impaired as a Ken doll," from Dogma will never not be funny.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Raziel said:

My same exact thoughts. I may as well just get tickets to go see it on stage again. That's also expensive AF, but it's so, so good. 

50 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Avatar 2 has been officially named Avatar: The Way of Water

Reportedly the first trailer for it will run before Dr. Strange 2

First look will be exclusively in theaters for a week in front of Dr Strange before it goes up online.

Also, a remastered Avatar will be re-released in theaters September 23rd. 

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

In the footage, Chalamet is heard singing, “You have never had chocolate like this,” before he breaks out of a choreographed dance and heads down a pothole

Is there a NSFW double entendre to this besides the obvious one? ?

Edited by odessasteps
  • Haha 2

@RIPPA: Avatar 2 (2022) trailer confirmed. Announced trailers playing before a movie tend not to happen over here. You also get the oldest trailer than the most recent one. Still haven't seen the first Avatar.

Edited by The Natural