DVDVR Message Board

2022 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

8 hours ago, AxB said:

The tabloids were claiming that Newton and Tatum had a big argument about Smith vs Rock. Which is probably bullshit, but they printed it.

I want this to be true.

• Haha 2

On 4/14/2022 at 4:11 AM, Curt McGirt said:

The Northman 

Think I'm going to break my cinema drought for this. Only seen Spiderman at the cinema since 2019, so it's a big deal. Love Robert Eggers, the VVitch was so good. 

On 4/14/2022 at 4:16 PM, RIPPA said:

Crimes of the Future

If I don't break my streak for Northman then I definitely would for this if it gets a proper release. Body horror is my favourite sub-genre of horror and Cronenberg is the master. Looks like he's made it fresh again somehow in this one. He's one of the only few directors I've seen every single film of. Very excited he's come out of retirement for this and has Viggo back with him too. 

• Like 1

Northman looks pretty wild.  Bjork as an oracle?  Sign me up!

On 4/13/2022 at 2:57 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

WB execs are apparently waiting to see how Fantastic Beasts 3 is going to do before greenlighting the already planned parts 4 & 5. 

And what are 4 & 5 supposed to be?   Apparently it's wizards in World War II.   

My god.  

I would go see 4&5 out of morbid curiosity just to see if they pull the trigger on Nazi wizards.

Edited by J.T.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Northman looks pretty wild.  Bjork as an oracle?  Sign me up!

I would go see 4&5 out of morbid curiosity just to see if they pull the trigger on Nazi wizards.

Weren't Voldemort and the Death Eaters just really about as close to Nazi Wizards as you could get without actually being Nazi's?

• Like 2

On 4/17/2022 at 8:20 AM, Raziel said:

Weren't Voldemort and the Death Eaters just really about as close to Nazi Wizards as you could get without actually being Nazi's?

Really close is not Nazi.  I'm talking about Wizards level Nazi wizards.

Robert Eggers (The Lighthouse, The VVitch) is directing The Northman, so I am now doubly in.

Edited by J.T.

It probably is a mute point as Secrets of Dumbledore had the lowest US opening of any film in the franchise at "only" $43 million.

Granted it is doing well internationally but with the bloom being off the HP rose for many - Discovery might be punting on doing 2 more movies

Per The Hollywood Reporter - Jason Momoa will star in a live action version of Minecraft that will be directed by Jared Hess (Napoleon Dynamite, Nacho Libre)

18 hours ago, (BP) said:

Ever since WB planted the story about Momoa playing Frosty to distract everyone from the Whedon Justice League fallout I feel like every big project he’s announced in might be fake. 

That remains one of the strangest things ever.

Frosty? Why the fuck Frosty?

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

That remains one of the strangest things ever.

Frosty? Why the fuck Frosty?

I think they wanted it to sound dumb so the story would get more traction, but I’d also expect them to Poochie the hell out of Frosty if they were really going to adapt it. 

DUAL

Directed by Riley Sterns

Starring:

• Karen Gillan as Sarah / Sarah #2
  • Aaron Paul as Trent
  • Theo James as Robert Michaels
  • Beulah Koale as Peter
  • Maija Paunio as Sarah's Mother
  • Sanna-June Hyde as Doctor
  • Andrei Alén as Facility Tech
  • Kris Gummerus as Tom

iMDB says the release date was this past Monday, but my Fangango says that the limited release starts on Friday.  I will have to find time for this after I go see The Northman.

I am sure I hated someone else's post about this movie.

Edited by J.T.

33 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I am sure I hated someone else's post about this movie.

No you are good.

I saw the trailer a week or two ago but decided to not post it since it looked like i was destined for Page 3 of your streaming services

It did open this past Friday but it was a tiny release (157 theaters total)

• Like 1

You wonder why I say I am gonna create a Video Game Project subfolder

It Takes Two is the last game reportedly being adapted as a movie

dj2 Entertainment is attached as producer and they are currently also working on things based on... Life is Strange, My Name is Pedro, Disco Elysium and Tomb Raider (and probably more)

But the thing that got all the attention is Seven Bucks Production are also on as producers so now everyone is convinced that means the Rock will star

Per Hollywood Reporter - Ben Affleck and Matt Damon are teaming up again

They will co-write a biopic/sports drama that will be based on the life of former Nike Executive Sony Vaccarro. Affleck will also direct.

Damon will play Vacarro while Affleck will play Nike co-founder Phil Knight

The story will reportedly focus on Nike's attempts to sign Michael Jordan

59 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Per Hollywood Reporter - Ben Affleck and Matt Damon are teaming up again

They will co-write a biopic/sports drama that will be based on the life of former Nike Executive Sony Vaccarro. Affleck will also direct.

Damon will play Vacarro while Affleck will play Nike co-founder Phil Knight

The story will reportedly focus on Nike's attempts to sign Michael Jordan

Matt Damon shouldn't be playing someone with the last name Vacarro or someone from Pittsburgh, Damon is way to WASP'Y to be playing an Italian-American and there's no way he's going to be able to pull off a Pittsburgh accent.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Lightyear

This trailer explains the plot for those that care

So does this movie end with young Andy leaving the theatre telling his Mom that he wants a Buzz Lightyear for his birthday, or is it older Andy leaving the theater with his kid?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Mister TV said:

So does this movie end with young Andy leaving the theatre telling his Mom that he wants a Buzz Lightyear for his birthday, or is it older Andy leaving the theater with his kid?

pls no

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Murray has been difficult and abusive to work with since forever. Sounds like time ran out on people enabling him. 

• Like 1