DVDVR Message Board

2022 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

If they start killing characters again like it’s Poseidon Adventure, I think I’d enjoy this more. That’s why I liked the first Jurassic World. They introduced a whole new set of characters to either keep alive, or get killed. Once they confirm these actors are coming back for a follow up, it’s like they get kill shy.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

On 2/10/2022 at 7:19 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

JURASSIC PARK 6

Starring Jeff Goldblum, Sam Neill, Laura Dern, Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard

Directed by Colin Trevorrow (Jurassic Park 4, Jurassic Park 5, Safety Not Guaranteed, Star Wars Episode IX)

--

This is going to make a trillion dollars.  I have no desire.

I didn't see the 5th one but I did like the 4th one even for all its nonsense.  This one looks promising.  It won't be great but it looks like it's got some cool visuals and action.  I'll probably see it.

11 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

So the new Jurassic Park movies are basically like the new Planet of the Apes series but with dinosaurs?

I wouldn’t mind that. It can get as dire as something like The Walking Dead. But I don’t think they’d get as dark, and cynical as those Apes movies. They still need to sell to the kiddies after all.

This should also go into the Horror thread, but for different reasons.

CHIP n' DALE: RESCUE RANGERS

Starring John Mulaney, Andy Samberg, Will Arnett, and Kiki Layne

Premieres May 20, 2022, exclusively on Disney+.

12 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

You are correct.  This trailer is terrifying.

On 2/15/2022 at 10:45 AM, J.T. said:

Early reviews seem to suggest that Uncharted is a fun romp but most critics believe that Tom Holland is "wildly miscast."

I get that they were kinda going for early days Drake but I think Holland and Marky Mark are both wildly miscast.  Holland is too small and not-rugged and Marky Mark is just not Sully.  Like, not even close.

• Like 3

Butler does not look like Elvis, but he’s putting in the work. John Rhys Meyers looked the most like him out of the actors that’ve portrayed him, and I haven’t revisited the Carpenter TV movie but I remember Kurt Russell being electric. Special nod to Bruce Campbell of course. 

On 2/15/2022 at 11:45 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Man when I first saw this I was hoping it was a phony trailer.

Why couldn't they go for Tail Spin instead? That actually was the red-headed stepchild of the Disney Afternoon block, so the "forgotten TV show" premise would work here, plus you wouldn't piss so many people off when your movie is inevitably terrible. You can fuck up Kit Cloudkicker as much as you want. You don't mess with Gadget Hackwrench or Monterey Jack...

49 minutes ago, (BP) said:

Butler does not look like Elvis, but he’s putting in the work. John Rhys Meyers looked the most like him out of the actors that’ve portrayed him, and I haven’t revisited the Carpenter TV movie but I remember Kurt Russell being electric. Special nod to Bruce Campbell of course. 

Butler looks like he should be playing Danny Zuko in the Grease prequel.

2 hours ago, The Natural said:

Elvis (2022)

Starring Austin Butler and Oscar winner Tom Hanks.

I think the biggest issue I have with this is the issue I have with most biopics.  They're aiming way too broadly and clearly going to try to tell his entire life's story.  That's really, really hard to do in 2 hours.   Biopics tend to be excellent when they're telling one part of a life story, like in Elvis' case, when he got banned for shaking his hips, as those incidents can weave into a larger story about where we were and where we are.   

Baz is a fucking madman and an incredible director, but I just hope the movie is more than "Elvis did this. Then he did this.  Then he died."

I don’t think Baz is turning in a two hour movie. There are probably theater goers somewhere that have just gotten to the end credits of Australia. When they get out and find out about Covid they’re going to be bummed. 

• Haha 4