DVDVR Message Board

2022 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

On 1/27/2022 at 12:09 PM, Curt McGirt said:

If they're gonna Mortal Kombat II then they should really Mortal Kombat II and make it crazier with better fatalities and stuff. I didn't see the new one but how wild did it really get in that respect? 

Side note, friend of mine got a mini Mortal Kombat arcade console that plays that and stuff like Defender and Joust and Rampage for Xmas. Under the rules that he could not use Sub-Zero I played him and actually whooped his ass on a couple rounds. I am TERRIBLE at video games, so that was quite a surprise. 

Ehhhh… It’s violent, but not in the recent MK way, where everything is disgustingly violent. It’s more like T2 levels of violent, where you can take your kid to see it. It’s also pretty tame in the language department too.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3701114/live-action-masters-of-the-universe-reboot-finds-new-home-at-netflix-and-new-actor-to-play-he-man/

Live action Masters of the Universe. The other one was the first movie I ever saw in the theater at age 5. This one... well, we'll see. (Surely everyone said the same thing before the other one)

A friend of mine was just joking that Cena needs to play He Man.  This kid they casted looks like his little brother.

Man, the Dolph Lundgren Masters was my first disappointment in a movie I was looking very forward to.

I Want You Back

Charlie Day, Jenny Slate, Gina Rodriguez, Scott Eastwood, Manny Jacinto

Pete Davidson is in the trailer but it is clearly just a cameo. 

Hits Prime on Feb 11 (since Valentine's Day is Monday, it ruins everyone's romantic movie timing)

Spoilers, Charlie Day and Jenny Slate likely start falling for each other, something briefly drives them apart, but then they get back together in the last 15 minutes and live happily ever after.

I'm trying to think...Has there been a good romantic comedy that didn't follow that formula?

• Like 1

I thought it was touch and go for Mortal Kombat getting a sequel. Only thing going for it was Sub Zero vs. Scorpion and Kano who stole the show. Kano was spot on when he said to Cole: "You know, maybe your Arcana is getting your arse kicked!" Hopefully audience surrogate gets the fatality treatment as soon as the sequel starts.

21 hours ago, Log said:

A friend of mine was just joking that Cena needs to play He Man.  This kid they casted looks like his little brother.

Man, the Dolph Lundgren Masters was my first disappointment in a movie I was looking very forward to.

Cena’s gonna need another hair transplant.

Cena is too fucking weird looking honestly. It works for Peacemaker, and other weird quasi-villain military parts, but not He-Man, or even a superhero like Superman.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Craig H said:

Spoilers, Charlie Day and Jenny Slate likely start falling for each other, something briefly drives them apart, but then they get back together in the last 15 minutes and live happily ever after.

I'm trying to think...Has there been a good romantic comedy that didn't follow that formula?

Romcoms gonna romcom 'til they can't romcom no more, then they'll romcom some more.

• Like 3

On 2/1/2022 at 9:36 AM, Craig H said:

My Best Friend's Wedding. 

• Like 1

AFTER YANG (or "What If A24 Did Pinocchio?")

Starring Colin Farrell, Jodie Turner-Smith, and Justin H. Min

Directed by Kogonada

Premieres in theaters and streaming on Showitime March 4th. 

38 minutes ago, Mister TV said:

Will it start or end with grown up Andy watching this in a theater with his kid?

I thought about that before and that's the only way this movie makes remotely any sense. I know I'm thinking about this way too much, even more than how irish whipping someone into the ropes shouldn't work, but I just can't wrap my brain around this movie.

x-post with the Horror thread because the director is a big name

MEN

Starring Jessie Buckley Rory Kinnear, and Paapa Essiedu

Directed by Alex Garland (Ex Machina, 28 Days Later, Annihilation)

• Like 1

JURASSIC PARK 6

Starring Jeff Goldblum, Sam Neill, Laura Dern, Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard

Directed by Colin Trevorrow (Jurassic Park 4, Jurassic Park 5, Safety Not Guaranteed, Star Wars Episode IX)

--

This is going to make a trillion dollars.  I have no desire.