DVDVR Message Board

2022 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Warner Bros. and New Line are creating a sequel to the Mortal Kombat film with Moon Knight writer Jeremy Slater onboard, Deadline has reported. It will follow up the original R-rated film that did decent box office numbers ($83 million world wide) considering the pandemic, and was HBO Max's most successful film to date when it launched last April. 

Yay, I think.

• Like 2

I am glad in a general sense that someone was willing to look at the bigger picture and go "Considering all the factors - this didn't do too bad. Fuck it - lets give it another go"

Should it be with this movie... I don't know (this is probably my lingering bitterness that Tomb Raider won't get a sequel)

• Like 2

I liked Mortal Kombat enough even if the new character they created for it, which is stupidly the main character, is as spicy as white rice.

Maybe they can just say, "oh, that guy? Yeah, he died. Sad..."

• Like 1

If they're gonna Mortal Kombat II then they should really Mortal Kombat II and make it crazier with better fatalities and stuff. I didn't see the new one but how wild did it really get in that respect? 

Side note, friend of mine got a mini Mortal Kombat arcade console that plays that and stuff like Defender and Joust and Rampage for Xmas. Under the rules that he could not use Sub-Zero I played him and actually whooped his ass on a couple rounds. I am TERRIBLE at video games, so that was quite a surprise. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

If they're gonna Mortal Kombat II then they should really Mortal Kombat II and make it crazier with better fatalities and stuff. I didn't see the new one but how wild did it really get in that respect? 

Side note, friend of mine got a mini Mortal Kombat arcade console that plays that and stuff like Defender and Joust and Rampage for Xmas. Under the rules that he could not use Sub-Zero I played him and actually whooped his ass on a couple rounds. I am TERRIBLE at video games, so that was quite a surprise. 

It gets pretty wild. The movie is worth checking out. I mean, there's a full on Kung Lao fatality.

• Like 2

Being stuck on HBO Max is the problem with that. I should probably just try and buy a DVD of it at Walmart. That and the Sopranos movie, if they even made a DVD of it. 

EDIT: They did. Prime is charging $20 for a rental where I could just buy it for $12 ?

Edited by Curt McGirt

If Uncharted does middling box office or worse that has to be a huge load off the mind of whoever has to negotiate Holland’s next Spider-Man contract (and anyone worrying that he might actually be the next Bond.)

• Like 1

The mention of Christmas Story had me Googling Peter Billingsley because he was in something I saw recently but couldn't remember what it was.  Turns out he was a talking head on a recent miniseries about the Challenger disaster because, back then, he was the head of the young astronauts program.  But then what really killed me is that I found out he was in Iron Man, which I never noticed!

ae816364174965ca6b956e4bc17beec4c1-18-pe

BUILD ME AN ARC REACTOR RALPHIE!

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

But that is another story..

My interest in a King Conan movie died with Mako.  It would not sound right if the Wizard were not Conan's chronicler.

Edited by J.T.

King Conan is impossible at this point. If he didn’t waste his life in politics, the odds of it happening would’ve gone up. 

I honestly feel like if we get it, it has to be a Tarantino project at this point. It could be seen as a QT comeback special for Arnold. Otherwise it’ll be forgotten quickly like every other post-Governor movie that Arnold has made.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I wonder if this is the new video game movie Dwayne Johnson was talking about?

42 minutes ago, JLSigman said:

I wonder if this is the new video game movie Dwayne Johnson was talking about?

I am still thinking that movie is Fortnite mainly since the Rock is in that game now

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Technico Support said:

The mention of Christmas Story had me Googling Peter Billingsley because he was in something I saw recently but couldn't remember what it was.  Turns out he was a talking head on a recent miniseries about the Challenger disaster because, back then, he was the head of the young astronauts program.  But then what really killed me is that I found out he was in Iron Man, which I never noticed!

ae816364174965ca6b956e4bc17beec4c1-18-pe

BUILD ME AN ARC REACTOR RALPHIE!

He also plays that same character in Spiderman Far From Home.  He's part of Mysterio's crew.

• Thanks 1