DVDVR Message Board

Which superhero films are you most looking forward to next year?

The Natural

Which superhero films are you most looking forward to next year?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which superhero films are you most looking forward to next year?

• Morbius (January)
    • The Batman (March)
    • Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (May)
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (July)
    • Black Adam (July)
    • Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse - Part One (October)
    • The Flash (November)
    • Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (November)
    • Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom (December)
    • Other.

Brought this back. I didn't do 2020 as I had little interest in them and I didn't do 2021 because film releases were delayed through the coronavirus pandemic.

The potential on paper for 2022 comic book movies is really something. The five I want to see the most in order:

1. The Batman. Loved everything I've seen from the film so far: those trailers, the costumes, the music, the cinematography, the performances and the posters. The film comes out two days before my birthday and what a pre birthday present to have. This feels something special.

2. Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse - Part One. I love Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, it's in my top five comic book films of all time. We've waited four years for the sequel and it looks to be worth the wait judging by the surprise reader trailer that dropped recently.

3. Thor: Love and Thunder. Biggest draw.to me is seeing Thor: Goddess of Thunder in live action for the first time and getting an actor at the level of Christian Bale to the MCU playing Gorr The God Butcher.

4. The Flash. I have to sit through Ezra Miller's Flash to get to the good stuff as Michael Keaton is back as Bruce Wayne/Batman for the first time in 30 years since Batman Returns. That's the draw of the film to me.

5. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. It's been a long wait for a Doctor Strange sequel, six years. Sam Raimi's first comic book movie since the Spider-Man trilogy he helmed. The film will carry on the Multiverse as seen in WandaVision, Loki and Spider-Man: No Way Home.

I'll catch Black Panther: Wakanda Forever as I've seen all the MCU movies. That's got such difficulty with the passing of the late, great Chadwick Boseman as T'Challa/Black Panther, the character won't be recast and someone to fill the mantle. Really hope it's not Letitia Wright's Shuri. M'Baku is my first choice then a choice of Nakia, Okoye or even bring back Killmonger.

Don't care about the other movies. Never expected Aquaman three years ago to make a billion. Will it again?

Edited by The Natural

• 2 months later...

just saw this thread!

excited for each of the Marvel movies, but i take them one at a time (won't get excited for Thor until after i see Dr. Strange, etc.)

also looking forward to the Spider-Verse sequel, although i'm not a fan of the two-part releases.

pretty ambivalent about all of the DC movies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1