DVDVR Message Board

Upcoming Video Game Releases (2022 & Beyond)

RIPPA

Bioware gave some updates about Dragon Age 4

Christian Dailey, who was the Executive Director of Dragon Age, has left Bioware. So they have gone to the "In case of emergency, break glass" of "Here is Mac Walters"

They save that they are they are halfway through Production (basically they finished the blueprint of the game last year and now are actually creating it)

So this (and Mass Effect 4 - which they reference at the end) - don't expect for at least another 3 years

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Bioware gave some updates about Dragon Age 4

Christian Dailey, who was the Executive Director of Dragon Age, has left Bioware. So they have gone to the "In case of emergency, break glass" of "Here is Mac Walters"

They save that they are they are halfway through Production (basically they finished the blueprint of the game last year and now are actually creating it)

So this (and Mass Effect 4 - which they reference at the end) - don't expect for at least another 3 years

My daughter will be out of college and her education will be paid for, so at least I won't be swimming in debt when these games drop.

Dean and I may be neighbors in a senior citizens community the time this shit launches, though.

Edited by J.T.
  • Haha 3

I appreciate that games take many many years to make, especially massive AAA games, but I really don't need step by step updates starting six years out. If I am still alive, I will 100% buy the new Dragon Age, Mass Effect, and GTA but let me first buy the PS6 that they will come out on.

• Like 1

EA CEO Andrew Wilson has decided the best way to negotiate a new contract for the FIFA license is to talk about all the ways that the FIFA license gets in the way of growing their soccer games:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/esports/fifa-license-has-been-an-impediment-to-video-game-growth-says-ea-ceo/ar-AAUdS70?li=BB15ms5q

Resident Evil 2, 3 and 7 are getting PS5 and Series X/S upgrades later this year. Free for anyone who currently owns the last gen versions, too. The tweet specifically says they’re “visual enhancements” for current gen systems, though. So presumably no DualSense support for any of them, I’m guessing.

Works for me, I’ve got 2 just sitting on my harddrive, and 3 is in my cart right now since it’s like $15.

FF XIV Producer's letter just wrapped up, lots of great stuff, including

• 6.1 coming out mid-April, starting a new phase of the main quest line
  • major changes to the 2.0 main quest dungeons, especially the final three
  • quality of life changes in regards to searching the market board for purchases, marking items that you've received/bought for mounts being marked as used if you have the mount, etc.
  • MOAR GLAMOUR PLATES

No mention of any class changes at the moment, other than a comment that since they are adding multiple savage and ultimate level trials they don't like doing big changes at the same time.

Edited by JLSigman
derp
  • Like 1

On 3/2/2022 at 12:08 PM, Casey said:

Resident Evil 2, 3 and 7 are getting PS5 and Series X/S upgrades later this year. Free for anyone who currently owns the last gen versions, too. The tweet specifically says they’re “visual enhancements” for current gen systems, though. So presumably no DualSense support for any of them, I’m guessing.

Works for me, I’ve got 2 just sitting on my harddrive, and 3 is in my cart right now since it’s like $15.

Hopefully there's PS5 trophy patches too although I would hate it if I had to re-do the games on PS5 without autopop trophies.

On 3/3/2022 at 1:08 PM, odessasteps said:

There’s a Kirby playable demo out now. 

The new Kirby is pretty great based on that demo.

That soda machine transformation is inspired.

Forspoken has been delayed until October 11th.

Square’s bad luck keeps chugging along, what with Babylon‘s Fall pretty much bombing. I’m sure Avengers will be shut down this year too, game can’t survive off the existing dwindling player base just buying expensive skins.

17 hours ago, Casey said:

Forspoken has been delayed until October 11th.

Square’s bad luck keeps chugging along, what with Babylon‘s Fall pretty much bombing. I’m sure Avengers will be shut down this year too, game can’t survive off the existing dwindling player base just buying expensive skins.

I guess I need to work on the Platinum(s) for Avengers asap. Although one of the most common trophies in the game (Investing In The Future) is glitched with the PS4 version after the PS5 version was out and the new gear system.

Oh wow, I didn't even know about that. Apparently there is a workaround but it involves either doing Klaue raids, or installing the Day One version of the game. But geez, that sucks. Hopefully the fix it somehow in the next gear update they're planning for this month. But the fact that they've left people to do the same shit over and over - again - without any updates on DLC since sometime last year... doesn't give a lot of people good vibes. Astounding how much they've fumbled the ball on a huge property like Marvel and the Avengers.

I'm bummed about Forspoken, too. I was slightly interested, but hopefully getting that much more time to improve the game will make me really want to try it out once they show more gameplay and stuff closer to the new release date. It better be a single player specific game, too.