DVDVR Message Board

Upcoming Video Game Releases (2022 & Beyond)

RIPPA

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

The cliche often trotted out is "the special relationship between the two countries." I think that's a WWII thing but might go all the way back to being a former colony.

also being mostly white. and English-speaking.

also, just to make a distinction, Elizabeth was a reigning ruler, while Bush was a former President.

lol, now we're just straight up releasing what are basically mobile games like that Theater Rhythm game. Hope you like paid DLC to get even more songs.

Mario + Rabbids was neat just to see Mario in an X-Com game. This new one looks very much the same, which I suppose is a good thing. It should be a $40 game, but I'm guessing it will be the full $60.

COOL. RUNE FACTORY. ANOTHER FARMING GAME. So far, everything announced is exactly why my daughter thinks the Switch is lame now.

New N64 games - Pilotwings 64, Mario Party 1 -3, Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2, 1080 Snowboarding, Excitebike 64, and Goldeneye. Excitebike 64 is the only one of those I want since the last time I checked it was expensive as fuck.

Hey. It's another RPG on the Switch. The Switch is only RPGs and farming games. 

lol porting Factorio to the Switch. I know some people that are so fucking addicted to Factorio that they might just buy that.

Free update to Mario Strikes, which I didn't buy just because I felt like it would go the way of Mario Tennis.

And yet another JRPG in Atelier Ryza 3. These are just made up words stuck together. Whatever.

Jesus fuck. More tracks for Mario Kart. Mario Kart becoming Switch's GTA 5 Online in that they won't make another one and will just keep releasing more tracks for Mario Kart 8.

Ok. Updates for Nintendo Switch Sports. That's cool. But it's only Golf?

Guest appearance by Miyamoto talk about dumb shit like the Mario movie and the Mario amusement park. Pikmin Bloom, a mobile game. Jesus. So far this has been every reason people have been given to be cynical about Nintendo. What people wanted - an actual new Pikmin game. What you're getting - mobile trash. This is sad. And this thing is basically just a pedometer.

Oh hey! Pikmin 4! And they showed 5 seconds of it. This was their main event...?

Ok, more horseshit. Another dancing game. Just Dance will never quit. 

You. Have. Got. To. Be. Fucking. Kidding. Me. A Squeenix farming JRPG. This has to be a joke. Harvestella?

Bayonetta 3, which we already knew about showing footage from before, but with a couple new details. NOW SHE FIGHTS FOR THE WORLD or something. Oct. 28 for that. And there will be a separate trailer for that.

Huh. That Raincode game looks neat. LOL, the main character is an amnesiac because of course. This shit looks like Ace Phoenix, but supernatural.

RE VILLage, but it's a cloud version because the Switch hardware is trash and can't run it. Oh, lol, more cloud versions of other RE games.

Sifu. For anyone that didn't play Sifu already.

Oh, interesting, Crisis Core is being re-released on the Switch. That's neat.

I could see Radiant Silvergun being something people would dig playing on the go.

Endless Dungeon, again, for people who haven't played it yet already. 

Remastered Tales of Symphonia in case anyone wanted to re-play that thing. Does Tales of Symphonia have anything to do with Tales of Arise or any of the other Tales of games?

More shit that's already been out for what seems like forever. Life is Strange.

I mean, what the fuck, this is 90% Squeenix games.

The fuck? Re-releasing Kirby's Return to Dreamland? Wasn't this already on the Switch close to when the Switch came out? Oh, but mini games. 

FINAL. TRAILER.

Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom! MAY 12, 2023! Wooooooo! Oh, that's it?

Jesus fucking Christ. 45 minutes and not a single mention of anything moderately interesting and what they showed of Tears of the Kingdom just, I mean, looked like more Breath of the Wild, which is cool and all. 

But no Metroid Prime Trilogy re-release, not a fucking word about Metroid Prime 4, not a word about Wind Waker.

Nintendo is fucking lame.

Things people will wet their pants over: Pikmin 4 and the Tears of the Kingdom title. Things everyone else will forget and not care about: Damn near everything else, including probably Pikmin 4. But hey, I don't have to pay out the ass to play Excitebike 64, so that's cool. Except after all this time I'm half expecting to start playing it and thinking it's crap now.

Yeah, yeah, none of this is nothing new, but it would be nice for once if these Nintendo Directs weren't mostly fodder for their eShop and actual cool shit to get excited over. And if the Switch is going to be the shit where they re-release everything on, then fucking re-release Vagrant Story or Parasite Eve or literally anything other than another fucking farming simulator.

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

People are losing their mind, unsurprisingly, over Goldeneye so I am deeply entertained by you repeatedly glossing over it

Because it's Goldeneye and Goldeneye in 2022 is fucking bad. Really bad. I'd expect more people to realize this, but I guess not.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Excitebike 64 is the only one of those I want since the last time I checked it was expensive as fuck.

7 minutes ago, Craig H said:

But hey, I don't have to pay out the ass to play Excitebike 64, so that's cool. Except after all this time I'm half expecting to start playing it and thinking it's crap now.

Excitebike 64 is not an expensive game. https://www.pricecharting.com/game/nintendo-64/excitebike-64

Plus, Agent 64 has already been out there for months now and gives people what they think Goldeneye 64 would give them, except people just need to find out firsthand that the shit they thought that was cutting edge 20+ years ago is really poopy now.

2 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Just got out of a meeting.

I, for one, appreciated Craig's frustrated liveblogging.

I was actually ahead on work and didn't have my first of 5 back to back conference calls until 11 am, so I figured I may as well eat some breakfast and watch the Direct.

Also, regarding Excitebike, I will just say the last time I looked at buying it was a few years ago and it was way more than I wanted to spend.

Tales of Symphonia is one of more well liked Tales games, but like Final Fantasy, they more or less exist in their own worlds and just share the name.  

I'd dig the Crisis Core, if for nothing else than to replay that version before the remake comes out, just to see what the remake is going to change, and I don't know if any other platform is getting a Crisis Core port before the remake.

Everything else pretty much confirms why I'm not in a hurry to go to a Switch.

• Like 1