DVDVR Message Board

Upcoming Video Game Releases (2022 & Beyond)

RIPPA

20 minutes ago, dogwelder said:

IIRC it's actually a prequel...

Yep.  I figured that out in the last frame of the trailer.

Spoiler

That is probably De Sardet's biological mother in the ship's hold sailing towards the port of New Serene.

Edited by J.T.

Lord of the Rings: Gollum has been announced as coming out on Sept 1

That is the day before the new Amazon Prime LOTR series, The Rings of Power, drops

I'll put it here since it's not rolled out yet:

First party PS1 games on the new PS Plus service are 50hz PAL versions. Same thing they did with with PS Classic mini system. 

9 hours ago, Tabe said:

I'll put it here since it's not rolled out yet:

First party PS1 games on the new PS Plus service are 50hz PAL versions. Same thing they did with with PS Classic mini system. 

What is their obsession with those versions, and they clearly ignored the criticisms for when they did it with the PS Classic.

54 minutes ago, Chaos said:

What is their obsession with those versions, and they clearly ignored the criticisms for when they did it with the PS Classic.

The speculation is that they're the "latest" version of each game so Sony is going with them.  It's rather mind boggling that they wouldn't know better.

22 hours ago, Chaos said:

Depending on the studio/game, it may be because they literally did not have the original game programming. I know that's come up a few times with some of the older JRPG games.

Supermassive announced that while The Quarry is still coming out as schedule (June 10), the multiplayer component is being delayed a month (till July 8).

The multiplayer will be free. The Local Co-op will still be included in the initial release date.

On 5/26/2022 at 6:10 AM, JLSigman said:

Depending on the studio/game, it may be because they literally did not have the original game programming. I know that's come up a few times with some of the older JRPG games.

At least in the case of the PS Classic, they were using ROMs.  It's not like they were remastering the games and needed the source code.

4 hours ago, Chaos said:

I actually Googled the release date for this today, so I'm definitely downloading that tonight.

To clarify, I think the tutorial is now out, which you can play, but I think the demo proper is next week. 

Edited by odessasteps

This is pretty awesome, includes the "extra content" DLC to flesh things out, and hopefully they fixed at least  most of the bugs.

I never played KOTOR II just due to knowing it was broken and not feeling like modding it to make it not broken, so definitely getting it.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

This is pretty awesome, includes the "extra content" DLC to flesh things out, and hopefully they fixed at least  most of the bugs.

I never played KOTOR II just due to knowing it was broken and not feeling like modding it to make it not broken, so definitely getting it.

Even as a broken game shipped in a rush, it is one of the best WRPGs around and handles the themes of its story excellently, so I'm glad that you're on it. 

Starting with tomorrow's State of Play - we have entered the period of what used to be E3 time but now everyone is doing their own thing.

Some of the schedule (All times are EST)

Thursday, June 2; 6:00 PM - SONY STATE OF PLAY

Thursday, June 9; 2:00 PM - SUMMER GAME FEST

- This is the Geoff Keighley hosted one

Saturday, June 11; 11:00 AM - GUERRILLA COLLECTIVE

Saturday, June 11; 12:30 PM - WHOLESOME DIRECT

- Both of these focus on indie games

Saturday, June 11; 3:00 PM - FUTURE GAMES SHOW

- This is hosted by GamesRadar+

Sunday, June 12; 1:00 PM -  XBOX & BETHESDA GAMES SHOWCASE

Sunday, June 12; 3:00 PM - PC GAMING SHOW