DVDVR Message Board

Upcoming Video Game Releases (2022 & Beyond)

RIPPA

It was released 5 years ago, that's why. It still holds up EXTREMELY well on current gen systems, and even got a PS5 patch like God of War (2018) did. This isn't a situation like with the Last of Us, where the original game came out two generations prior and almost a decade ago (and where the sequel had vastly superior animations and gameplay).

If ANYTHING, just give it an official PS5 upgrade instead of the patch or whatever. Remaking or even remastering it is totally unnecessary, and I say that a massive Horizon fan.

• Like 3

I'm still upset that Issac doesn't get some kind of sharp melee weapon, since the best way to kill Necromorphs is to dismember them.  Let's have a saw or something!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, madl said:

Because…..?  I’m fairly hyped for a HZD remaster/remake, so hopefully it’s not just a rumor.

Different strokes for different folks and all, but personally I’m a lot more into what Sony is doing this generation than Switch or Xbox. 

I play my Xbox more out of habit,  but the PS5 is way in the lead as far as games go. Ratchet and Clank and Horizon are better than any Xbox exclusive and God of War Ragnarok is right around the corner. 

4 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

There’s a Nintendo Direct on Thursday related to the Mario movie, so maybe a game too?

It directly said in the announcement "no game information will be featured"

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Raziel said:

I'm still upset that Issac doesn't get some kind of sharp melee weapon, since the best way to kill Necromorphs is to dismember them.  Let's have a saw or something!

I think maybe having the chain saw puts it too close to the Doom games, but still, yeah, maybe give him a laser cutter. Who knows, maybe late game you do get one.

Otherwise, fuck and yes. That game looks like everything I wanted it to be. Hell, all they could have done was just re-released Dead Space, but with updated graphics and HDR and I would have been happy. I'm ready to shit my pants and stand there in fear of moving forward all over again.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2022 at 11:06 AM, JLSigman said:

About that Bayonetta voice actress change....

So basically she is pissed because they low balled her. Its shitty, but I can't really say its worth boycotting over when its pretty much all about her. If she were at least trying to take this up for all the VAs involved it might mean something. As it is it just comes across as a bit selfish and self centered to effectively push for fans to take down a company and cause who knows how many others to lose their jobs because she specifically got a shit offer. It seems even worse when you consider the actress who replaced her almost certainly was offered more as she is a bigger name. Really just sounds like they wanted someone else and weren't willing to be honest about it. Kind of curious how she would have gone about things if they were. Feels like we would still be getting a similar message which is sort of the problem.

• Like 2

Silent Hill Transmission announced for this Wednesday.

What's been rumored for a while is a Silent Hill 2 Remake (Bloober Team), a completely new game (either a reboot or a sequel) and a visual novel/TellTale type game by Annapurna Interactive.

So she basically lied. Its not really even a question since the journalists have seen evidence of her being offered more than she claimed. I'm even more curious now what the point was. Was she just pissed she didn't get what she wanted and lashed out?

19 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Not being keyed into VO pay structures, is the alleged money she was offered good or insulting?

Reading about it, its arguably still too low but good for what people are usually offered. The "insulting" definitely feels too far as she would have been getting $15-20K for less than a week of work.

• I believe Silent Hill f was the long rumored all-new mainline entry in the series.
  • SH 2 Remake is pretty straight forward, and I'm hyped for it. Even if it's by Bloober Team.
  • Ascension was a left field one, but knowing the rumors before this event was announced - this is the "episodic" game that people thought Annapurna & NoCode were working on. Seems interesting, I'll check it out. No idea how that works though, apparently they've done a game/series like this before with the Walking Dead?
  • And as I just mentioned, the one I'm looking forward to the most probably - NoCode and Annapurna's Townfall.
  • I've never seen the original Silent Hill movie, so no idea if I should be excited or just roll my eyes. But whatever.
  • I want some of these statues and shit they showed, but I know they're going to be insanely priced probably.

Okay, Konami, you got (most of) us back with reviving the Silent Hill franchise - now do it with Metal Gear Solid. I literally can't play any of these games unless I have a PS1/PS2/PS3 or Xbox 360. None of them except Peace Walker is on a digital storefront (Microsoft) to buy. It's almost like you WANT me to play these games through other means.

I mean, I do have a NTSC-J PS2 that plays American PS2 games, and I'm looking at the collected boxset on eBay, but good lord, these prices...