DVDVR Message Board

Upcoming Video Game Releases (2022 & Beyond)

RIPPA

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

This is so amazing and unexpected, I love these games and they are ridiculously expensive for originals. I still have (and have played) burned versions of both of these games on a 24-year-old modded PS1 and am so happy I'll be able to play them without worrying it will be the last gasp for the discs/console.

• Like 3

I have been putting off Suikoden II for a billion years. Probably my biggest omission in the pantheon of great JRPGs that I've put off the longest (Phantasy Star IV? Breath of Fire III? Star Ocean in general?). On one level this is awesome and maybe I'll actually be able to afford physical copies of these games. But I do have a completed Suikoden I save file on my VITA and I know you get cool stuff if you start Suikoden II with a save from I.

• Like 1

I'm not gonna post any of the videos, since it's technically stolen content from Rockstar if it's real, but Jason Schrier just woke up apparently and hasn't asked anyone but he's saying the GTA6 in-game videos are quite possibly real.

It'd take a massive amount of time and effort to fake 90 (3+ GBs) videos of in-game stuff and make it look and feel like Grand Theft Auto (and also professional VOs), and then there's a RAGE debug menu which isn't public, so.

Well reportedly the Hacker is claiming to have the source code for GTA V and GTA VI (and just more stuff in general) and is claiming that he is willing to cut a deal with Rockstar/Take Two

Take all of that for what it is worth

• Like 1

On 9/16/2022 at 3:41 PM, odessasteps said:

PS VR2 will not be compatible with PSVR1 games.

I guess I'll be the only person here to express my annoyance, but yeah this kinda fucking sucks and drastically reduces my desire to get the new shit. 

I'm still surprised that in this age video game developers get this protective about shit like this leaking. GTAVI has been the worst kept secret for, shit, since they first started talking about it probably. It would just be nice for game devs to lean more into being open and transparent with their audiences. I think that would help build even more excitement for the game, plus, it puts almost all of narrative for game development in their own hands instead of overly relying on antiquated shit like a Game Informer magazine at a Game Stop.

But people want to keep their shit secret for whatever reason. I just think it would be cool to get more insight into the development cycle and so many of these older developers and, more than them, the publishers, have this outdated mindset for what it means to make a game in this age.

Either that, or be like Nintendo and keep shit such a secret that you do a Nintendo Direct and say that such and such big game is coming out next week.

On 9/18/2022 at 6:27 PM, JLSigman said:

And now I'm seeing info that 40+ minutes of Diablo 4 playtesting has leaked. Still looking for a reputable source....

I am seeing reputable places reporting it... however it is just HEY! THERE IS THIS REDDIT POST!!!!

So take it for what it is worth

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Craig H said:

I'm still surprised that in this age video game developers get this protective about shit like this leaking. GTAVI has been the worst kept secret for, shit, since they first started talking about it probably. It would just be nice for game devs to lean more into being open and transparent with their audiences. I think that would help build even more excitement for the game, plus, it puts almost all of narrative for game development in their own hands instead of overly relying on antiquated shit like a Game Informer magazine at a Game Stop.

But people want to keep their shit secret for whatever reason. I just think it would be cool to get more insight into the development cycle and so many of these older developers and, more than them, the publishers, have this outdated mindset for what it means to make a game in this age.

Either that, or be like Nintendo and keep shit such a secret that you do a Nintendo Direct and say that such and such big game is coming out next week.

There is a difference between announcing you are working on a game to "here are our files and potentially the source code"

Because of the toxic culture that is Video Game Fandom (for a lack of a better word) - I wouldn't want to say shit until my game is on the shelf

All you have to do is look to the responses to the GTA VI leak to see 

14 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

There is a difference between announcing you are working on a game to "here are our files and potentially the source code"

Because of the toxic culture that is Video Game Fandom (for a lack of a better word) - I wouldn't want to say shit until my game is on the shelf

All you have to do is look to the responses to the GTA VI leak to see 

Source code is a little far. I'm not talking about that and that's not what it looks like what happened here. It sounds like it was just footage of the game that leaked.

Also, if you're a game dev, I think you have to tune out whatever people are saying. People can say whatever they want because they're dumb, but they're also going to make GTA VI the biggest selling game ever. My friend who was, I think, sadly the lead dev on Agents of Mayhem didn't seem to give a shit about what people said...before that game came out. Before being the important word there. He left Volition after that.

The other examples I was thinking of, like Half-Life 2 or Halo 2, are obviously instances where that isn't acceptable. 

EA has officially announced the Iron Man game being done by Motive Studio

https://www.ea.com/news/all-new-iron-man-video-game

We’re thrilled to share that an all-new single-player, third-person, action-adventure Iron Man video game is now in early development at Montreal-based Motive Studio. The team is being led by Olivier Proulx, who brings experience working on past Marvel titles like Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, and is joined by a dedicated team of passionate industry veterans including Ian Frazier, Maëlenn Lumineau, and JF Poirier at the studio.

Developed in collaboration with Marvel Games, the game will feature an original narrative that taps into the rich history of Iron Man, channeling the complexity, charisma, and creative genius of Tony Stark, and enabling players to feel what it’s like to truly play as Iron Man.

• Like 2

Ultra Kaiju Monster Rancher

The look up CD directory is still in to obtain monsters. New is the scanning cards system and some kinda thing with the switch controller to obtain more monsters

Around 200 monsters plus.

Most of the mechanics and features from MR 1 and 2 are still in with few new additions 

Overrides Monster Rancher 3 to up and all their changes.

I haven't found out if it's easier and if death has been removed.