DVDVR Message Board

Upcoming Video Game Releases (2022 & Beyond)

RIPPA

Nintendo console/handhelds I've ever owned: The original Game Boy, Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Advance SP and Nintendo Wii. I played the Nintendo 64 when a school friend brought his over. Despite playing them, never a Zelda. My favourite was the GBA solely for introducing me to Fire Pro Wrestling, then Mario Kart. Still have my GBA SP to this day.

17 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Nintendo console/handhelds I've ever owned: The original Game Boy, Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Advance SP and Nintendo Wii. I played the Nintendo 64 when a school friend brought his over. Despite playing them, never a Zelda. My favourite was the GBA solely for introducing me to Fire Pro Wrestling, then Mario Kart. Still have my GBA SP to this day.

i can, right now (well, if i was at home and not at work) play any game released for a Nintendo console in the US. from NES up through the Switch. Yes, that includes the Virtual Boy. i own every Zelda game (except those off-brand super expensive ones for the Philips CD-i system). Have beaten all of the console ones except Wind Waker (not a fan of the art style) and over half of the handheld ones (i have no excuse for this). Link has been my main in Smash Bros. since the first incarnation and is my 2nd in Mario Kart 8 (after Waluigi). Hell, i even have a Zelda tattoo.

• Like 1

I'm still completely baffled as to how they're still sitting on Metroid Prime and Wind Waker/Twilight Princess re-releases. I at least look forward to listening to Nextlander, Giant Bombcast, and the Jeff Gerstman Show to see them all be like, "what the fuck is going on?"

Was gonna post here about all the cool stuff I wanted to play but I guess everything I like sucks and people would rather forge their identities via what they won't play vs. what they will. Like what the hell people. Pet a dog or something. Play Radiant Silvergun.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, John E. Dynamite said:

Was gonna post here about all the cool stuff I wanted to play but I guess everything I like sucks and people would rather forge their identities via what they won't play vs. what they will. Like what the hell people. Pet a dog or something. Play Radiant Silvergun.

Don't be dramatic. No one is stopping you from talking about what you did or didn't like. Some people, like myself and others, would like to hold Nintendo to a higher standard and want something other than a bunch of mobile retreads, a bunch of farming simulator games, or a bunch of Squeenix games that they themselves wouldn't put out on other systems. 

Obviously, your opinion is different and that's fine. What I stated was my opinion and not speaking for everyone else.

• Like 1

Also, low key favorite part was watching Giant Bomb doing their Talking Over the Nintendo Direct and Jan, right after the Zelda teaser, saying that this is why they delayed the Direct in the UK, because the name of the game is Tears of the Kingdom.

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

People are losing their mind, unsurprisingly, over Goldeneye so I am deeply entertained by you repeatedly glossing over it

What's lame is that online multiplayer is Switch only, I'm pretty sure. Xbox gets local multiplayer and nothing else.

4 hours ago, Craig H said:

Because it's Goldeneye and Goldeneye in 2022 is fucking bad. Really bad. I'd expect more people to realize this, but I guess not.

It's a remake.

EDIT: Nope, apparently they scraped the remake and this is just a port/remaster. But with updated controls for 2022/normal fuckin' controllers.

But yes I agree with you, Goldeneye is not the best thing ever like it was in 1997 or whenever it came out.

Edited by Casey

4 hours ago, Craig H said:

Jesus fuck. More tracks for Mario Kart. Mario Kart becoming Switch's GTA 5 Online in that they won't make another one and will just keep releasing more tracks for Mario Kart 8.

I've heard this criticism a lot lately,  but I don't think a new Maro Kart is going to be much of an upgrade and if rather have this game with every possible track than a new game with half the tracks.

I feel like the only reason for me to have a Switch is to play RPGs at this point. Fire Emblem and Octopath are two of my favorite Switch games and I'm looking forward to both sequels. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, supremebve said:

I've heard this criticism a lot lately,  but I don't think a new Maro Kart is going to be much of an upgrade and if rather have this game with every possible track than a new game with half the tracks.

I feel like the only reason for me to have a Switch is to play RPGs at this point. Fire Emblem and Octopath are two of my favorite Switch games and I'm looking forward to both sequels. 

I think the next logical step for Mario Kart is a new Mario Kart game, but with a track maker mode.

8 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I think the next logical step for Mario Kart is a new Mario Kart game, but with a track maker mode.

Or Sony can stop acting like a bunch of bitches and give us another ModNation Racers. 

Edited by supremebve

5 hours ago, Zimbra said:

I'm excited for a whole new generation to discover how fucking janky Goldeneye is to actually play.

My co-worker wanted to play Goldeneye.  120,000 games and he wants to play Goldeneye. So we play.  It doesn't hold up at all. The other thing I never liked is that one shot with the Golden Gun and it's lights out.   

That whole PS1, N64 period for me was a weird time. I'm not a fan of the clunky 3D movement of characters. Mario 64, Banjo Kazooie, etc.  But for as much shit they got wrong  they gave us WCW Vs the World, No Mercy, SuperBrawl Revenge, Mania 2000, and WCW World Tour.  

Stardew Valley seems like a game I should enjoy immensely but every time I sit down to play it I'm reminded it has an actual calendar/quest timers and this triggers me out way more than it should, it just blows me off the premise of the game being relaxing.

I'm fully willing to accept this might just be a "I'm weird" thing.

I actually have a ton of respect for the game regardless, because it's legitimately a one man project, which is insane.

2 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

The Xbox GoldenEye version is a remaster. The Switch version is slighty updated, online is only for Switch version.

I was so happy to see the announcement that this is a gamepass game. Anddddd that excitement was immediately crushed seeing the online multiplayer isn't coming to xbox. I dont even understand how that's a thing. What's the value of this game without people able to play with your friends online?

I'll still probably grab it and go back through the campaign. But man bummed I won't be able to slap the shit out of friends with Oddjob slappers only.

15 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

Stardew Valley seems like a game I should enjoy immensely but every time I sit down to play it I'm reminded it has an actual calendar/quest timers and this triggers me out way more than it should, it just blows me off the premise of the game being relaxing.

I'm fully willing to accept this might just be a "I'm weird" thing.

I actually have a ton of respect for the game regardless, because it's legitimately a one man project, which is insane.

I'm wary to time sink games after losing so much of my life to Civ 2. ACNH was different since I rarely played in large chunks of Tim's, just lots of 30m increments. 

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

When I finally got around to Breath of the Wild I was sunk for... gosh... weeks? Months? I don't know.

So if Tears of the Kingdom is "more Breath of the Wild" then I am 100% on board. (Let me play as Zelda this time.)