DVDVR Message Board

Upcoming Video Game Releases (2022 & Beyond)

RIPPA

4 hours ago, Craig H said:

I've been playing a Playstation for years and I still have never grown comfortable with the thumbsticks on the Dual Shock/Dualsense. The Xbox controller on the other hand? Best controller ever. It just feels so much better with the asymmetrical thumbsticks.

As someone who games more than any reasonable human being would, I absolutely will never go away from the XBOX design voluntarily. If it holds up to me playing all day and it's still not uncomfortable for me to hold, you have my money.

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
53 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

As someone who games more than any reasonable human being would, I absolutely will never go away from the XBOX design voluntarily. If it holds up to me playing all day and it's still not uncomfortable for me to hold, you have my money.

The best use for the symmetrical thumbsticks was the Katamari games, though really anything that would require both thumbsticks used simultaneously would qualify too. Otherwise I much prefer the asymmetrical thumbstick design.

So if it's "fully customizable", they're going to start selling DualSense controller shells in different colors, right?

(I know the answer, but still)

The Xbox Elite controller still looks better, but I much prefer the symmetrical thumbsticks on the DualSense/DualShock.

• Like 1

Other things from Gamescon

Gameplay for Dead Island 2

There will be a Dune: Awakening game

Gameplay of The Callisto Protocol which is Dead Space in everything but name

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Killer Klowns from Outer Space

I mean... sure????

It is an asymmetrical multiplayer game (3 v 7)

I would call it a cash grab.  But I’m not at all sure it will make money,  is Killer Klowns remembered fondly by horror fans or something?  I would have guessed most gamers have barely heard of it.  It was fairly obscure even 20 years ago, 

I had low expectations for Gamescon, but was really into last night’s show,  I haven’t played much - or even thought about gaming - since spring, but there seems to be a fair bit in the pipeline that will me back into it.  Seems like September through November could be packed for me.  Rather curious about TLoU remake and ready to dive back into that, and there seem to be a lot of AA games that seem promising.  Steelrising,  Requiem, Plague Tale, Scorn, Callisto Protocols, Evil West, Soulstice have my attention, at least.  Seems like at least a few of them are likely to be veny good.  I’ll be surprised if God of War doesn’t deliver.  Less sure w out Bayonetta 3 and Gotham Knights but high hopes.

22 hours ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

I would call it a cash grab.  But I’m not at all sure it will make money,  is Killer Klowns remembered fondly by horror fans or something?  I would have guessed most gamers have barely heard of it.  It was fairly obscure even 20 years ago, 

It is definitely a big cult classic from that time period.

That being said - it is 35 years old. I know there is a whole "everything from the 90s is popular now" type thing happening but this is really pushing it

I want to like Steelrising as I generally enjoy soulslike games and I enjoyed Greedfall (same developers), but it still just looks... unpolished to me. Elden Ring took soulslike games to a different level this year and Steelrising looks more like a 2016 soulslike than a 2022 one. I'll probably still play it, but may wait until its in the $20 range first.

If the leaks are true, the new Pokemon games contains new fake Pokemon that can evolve that look like other already known Pokemon, new Paradox Pokemon of other Pokemon (future and past), cross gen Evos of old Pokemon, and 2 Pokemon with new regional forms.

The new fake Pokemon category contains two lines. With type changes and new names.

Paradox Pokemon cannot evolve but have higher stats. Some don't have their pre-evolutions while their last evo are in. They're Pokemon that should not exist. Some have both past and future versions.

One of the Gen 1 Pokemon has 3 new regional forms and the other Pokemon with new regional from is Wooper which evolves into something new.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I feel like this is missing the point.  The newer Assassin's Creed games have been great 20+ hour games spread out over 60 hours.  I don't want a return to basics, I want a game that plays as well as the newer games that aren't going to be fun for the first third and repetitive for the other two thirds.  

So did Ubisoft give up on the "Assassin's Creed as a Live Service" idea? I thought at one point the idea was floated by them that they were just going to keep expanding the same universe rather than making singular games, which this one definitely sounds like.

3 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

So did Ubisoft give up on the "Assassin's Creed as a Live Service" idea? I thought at one point the idea was floated by them that they were just going to keep expanding the same universe rather than making singular games, which this one definitely sounds like.

I believe that's the game after this one that's focused on Basim.

Assassin's Creed Infinity or something.

Edited by Casey

Well what the fuck. If we're getting more of a stealth game, then why can't we get a new and GOOD Sam Fisher game? It's just weird to see Ubisoft treat Splinter Cell like it's totally dead as an IP.

• Like 1