DVDVR Message Board

Upcoming Video Game Releases (2022 & Beyond)

RIPPA

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

Fuck.

And I don't want a KOTR remake.  I want KOTR3.

I don't know a lot about making money on video games,  but I feel like KOTOR 3 is about as sure of a thing as humanly possible and has been for almost 20 years. 

6 hours ago, J.T. said:

Fuck.

And I don't want a KOTR remake.  I want KOTR3.

Unfortunately, BioWare called it Star Wars: The Old Republic, milked it for years, and ran it into the ground after Anthem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

The hero's name is Raymond?  That name would be fine if he were a seventy-year old, bourbon drinking Black man.

Can we get a cooler and younger sounding name for our blonde protagonist?

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, J.T. said:

The hero's name is Raymond?  That name would be fine if he were a seventy-year old, bourbon drinking Black man.

So you're saying you know my grandmother's youngest brother? Small world. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, J.T. said:

Lloyd was already taken and that was in Tales of Symphonia.

And you know I'm vaguely excited for this game despite not having played the others yet. (Star Ocean The Last Hope International is legendary among trophy hunters for taking months if not years to complete).

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Andrew POE! said:

And you know I'm vaguely excited for this game despite not having played the others yet. (Star Ocean The Last Hope International is legendary among trophy hunters for taking months if not years to complete).

LOL Lloyd!  What is this?  Only gangsters in crime movies set in the '20s are named Lloyd.

I gave up on bunny racing and collecting battle trophies.  I did not have time to find the right combination of weapons required to get characters to get a certain precise amount of damage during a fight.

Edited by J.T.

On 7/29/2022 at 7:47 AM, J.T. said:

LOL Lloyd!  What is this?  Only gangsters in crime movies set in the '20s are named Lloyd.

Sir. The absolute disrespect.

giphy.gif

Edited by Casey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/28/2022 at 11:56 AM, J.T. said:

If they call him Ray Ray later in the script will that seem really weird?

1 hour ago, JLSigman said:

Oh. My. God.

Also, I bet with age I have gotten so much worse at Tactics Ogre. It was something I was good at decades ago. Now though, my brain is just mush, but I'm still going to buy this!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Oh. My. God.

Also, I bet with age I have gotten so much worse at Tactics Ogre. It was something I was good at decades ago. Now though, my brain is just mush, but I'm still going to buy this!

Oh, I am definitely going to absolutely suck at this, but I will absolutely have to get it. I mean, it took me years and a detailed, step by step walk-through just to beat FF Tactics once, so I'm sure I will be all over the place with this one.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JLSigman said:

No XBox port.  Square Enix can eat a bag of goat dicks.   I will have to bum my daughter's Switch for a week and hope that nothing is on her gaming horizon in November.  I will probably be able to get her to part with her system since this game comes out the day after my birthday.

Edited by J.T.
  • Haha 2

I'm so tempted to get it on the PS5 just to have it on the best system, but holy shit, portable Tactics Ogre may be all I wind up using a Switch for until Breath of the Wild 2 ever comes out.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2022 at 11:56 AM, J.T. said:

Isn't this the plot to Star Ocean 2?

Rumbleverse is out tomorrow on all platforms. I believe @Ryan has a friend working on the game. I’m excited, I’ve watched some open beta gameplay on YouTube already.

This game is just begging for WWE and/or AEW skins.

• Like 1

One of the designers/producers/whatever title he's using for it is my friend's husband, he was behind Divekick as well as main driving force on all the KI(2013) stuff after Microsoft changed studios to Iron Galaxy. She also works there doing art stuff. 

Edited by Ryan

Divekick was the shit. A game that didn't get nearly enough talk outside of podcasts. And what little I played of Rumbleverse was pretty early, but it was pretty fun. I'm really hoping this full release is even better.

• Like 1