DVDVR Message Board

Upcoming Video Game Releases (2022 & Beyond)

RIPPA

On 7/14/2022 at 6:26 PM, Tabe said:

I believe this is the third "recharged" game so far. I know they at least have done Missile Command. The others are apparently good. 

Incidentally, the guy who created Yars' Revenge (Howard Scott Warsaw) wrote an autobiography and it's pretty good. He created the infamous E.T. game as well. 

It's actually the seventh Recharged game.

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

Saw a glowing review of Stray. Any of you PS5 folks gonna get it?

Day one for me, I think.  Was waiting for reviews before deciding. Haven’t actually read a review yet - work - but the blurbs look extremely promising.

Also, not sure how many people will care, but Raji: An Ancient Epic - Enhanced Edition will be released Wednesday for Xbox, PlayStation, and Switch.  Basically, it’s an improved version of the original game.  Don’t think it includes new content, but it rebalances the game, adds voice acting, a few new weapons, etc.  The Ps5 and Xbox One editions add ray tracing and faster loading times.  I liked the original version enough to buy it for three consoles and I’m planning to dive back into it on PS5 asap.

if you already own Raji, the Enhanced Edition is a free update.

• Like 1

I'm wondering if Stray releases at 12am PST, or if the devs are waiting until noon their time (it's almost 9am in France). Either way, I'm day one. I'm psyched for the game, have been since it was in the PS5 showcase (and then saw Annapurna was publishing it).

Less hyped, though, about how apparently there is a speedrun trophy where you have to beat the game in 2 hours.

• Like 1

I'm on the fence for getting Stray. If my daughter wants it, then I'll pull the trigger, but it only being roughly 5 hours makes me think it should be $20 instead of $30. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Casey said:

I'm wondering if Stray releases at 12am PST, or if the devs are waiting until noon their time (it's almost 9am in France). Either way, I'm day one. I'm psyched for the game, have been since it was in the PS5 showcase (and then saw Annapurna was publishing it).

Less hyped, though, about how apparently there is a speedrun trophy where you have to beat the game in 2 hours.

From what I've read, 2 hours isn't a very unrealistic speed run time and it's recommended to do on a second playthrough, once you know what you're doing and you've collected everything and all that other jazz. You can also make use of cloud/usb saves!

Last Of Us Part 1 Remake stuff is leaking. The other day it was the opening scene (you know the one), today is gameplay (and a cutscene or two). It looks fantastic obviously, and the animations and gunplay does seem to be on par with TLOU2. I'm not sure I'm down day one for $70, but I'll get it eventually. People on Reddit are jumping to conclusions that there is no dodge and no prone position gun combat just because this one video didn't show it (I'm of the opinion that it's most likely in the game, but the person playing just didn't do it).

On 7/20/2022 at 9:48 PM, Casey said:

Last Of Us Part 1 Remake stuff is leaking. The other day it was the opening scene (you know the one), today is gameplay (and a cutscene or two). It looks fantastic obviously, and the animations and gunplay does seem to be on par with TLOU2. I'm not sure I'm down day one for $70, but I'll get it eventually. People on Reddit are jumping to conclusions that there is no dodge and no prone position gun combat just because this one video didn't show it (I'm of the opinion that it's most likely in the game, but the person playing just didn't do it).

Naughty Dog has some serious problems since this is the second time gameplay/footage leaked for their games (first was the whole TLOU Part II debacle where people complained about "dur Joel died"). I almost wonder if they need to find the source and sack that person or take that person to court.

3 hours ago, Andrew POE! said:

Naughty Dog has some serious problems since this is the second time gameplay/footage leaked for their games (first was the whole TLOU Part II debacle where people complained about "dur Joel died"). I almost wonder if they need to find the source and sack that person or take that person to court.

I’m pretty sure the leak for TLOU2 was due to the password for their servers being left in an update for Uncharted 4.

• Haha 2

Ubisoft has delayed Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora till sometime after March 2023

It was supposed to come out in December in conjunction with Avatar: The Way of Water (aka Avatar 2) hitting theaters

They also confirmed that Splinter Cell VR and Ghost Recon Frontline have been cancelled

20 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Ubisoft has delayed Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora till sometime after March 2023

It was supposed to come out in December in conjunction with Avatar: The Way of Water (aka Avatar 2) hitting theaters

They also confirmed that Splinter Cell VR and Ghost Recon Frontline have been cancelled

They also announced a “smaller unannounced premium game” was delayed - which Jason Schreier says is Assassin’s Creed Rift, and it went from February ‘23 to “Spring 2023” 

I believe that Rift is the Basim focused game, set in… Iraq, I think?