DVDVR Message Board

Upcoming Video Game Releases (2022 & Beyond)

RIPPA

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Until Starfield gets delayed to January...

How can it be delayed to January when it's target release date is only "the first half of 2023" ?

On 7/6/2022 at 9:14 AM, Casey said:

God of War: Ragnarok is releasing on November 9th according to Sony’s blog

Day fucking ONE. I never got into the earlier games but GoW4 was such a great experience. 

• Like 2

I've never played any God of War game besides the last one, and yeah, day one for me too.

Anyway:

Apparently it's made by the same people who did Terminator: Resistance? That game wasn't all that bad. At least it wasn't a AAA studio game with an existing IP that's bogged down with an unnecessary multiplayer mode and a lot of microtransactions. Just a good ol' single player game with some decently priced DLC. More of the same, please.

Peter Weller is voicing and lends his likeness to Robocop, if anyone is wondering.

Oh and they also announced a survival game set in the Terminator universe.

Edited by Casey
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

More gameplay for The Lord of the Rings: Gollum

Wow, I'm completely not interested in getting this game after watching the trailer. It's essentially stealth everywhere and you can't do anything apparently when spotted.

I am not bothering to dig up the old thread but to go along with Rockstar cancelling remakes of GTA IV and Red Dead Redemption (which was mentioned in the GTA thread) - Rockstar has also cancelled plans to release a current gen (aka PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S version) of Red Dead Redemption 2

Usual reason of they are moving virtually all resources to work on GTA VI

Not gonna lie, I'm kind of bummed they aren't going to do a remake of Red Dead 1. It's like The Last of Us, where everything is better in the sequel, and if they did the first game like they did the second... *chef's kiss*. Luckily, Naughty Dog did just that (and without crunch), but I guess Rockstar needs literally everyone they employ to work on the next GTA which won't be out for fuckin' years.

I care less about a current gen version of RDR2, since that game is still gorgeous as fuck and plays great (much like TLOU2). I care even less about a remake of GTA4, because I didn't like that game at all. If any of the GTA games need remakes, it's the ones they just butchered remasters for.

• Like 1

Granted I haven't played it since it originally came out, but I don't remember it handling like ass or having any problems with the controls or gameplay. Give me a RDR1 Remake that plays and looks like the sequel instead of GTA6, honestly.

I have no interest in it but I wish more developers announced games like that. Less "this will come out in 2024 or 2026", more "oh we finished this already, it is coming out in a month". I still contend (I have no proof) that announcing a game years in advance doesn't really have any advantage over announcing a game three months in advance and is just as likely to annoy people. I get some of the massive AAA games are going to do it anyway but surprise drops of games I will always be a fan of, even if the game isn't my thing.

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
15 hours ago, Andrew POE! said:

I so wished that Nintendo didn't bankroll Bayonetta 2 & 3 so I could play this on PS4 & PS5.

If Nintendo didn't bankroll Bayonetta 2, there wouldn't have been a Bayonetta 2.

https://www.polygon.com/gaming/2012/9/22/3371474/bayonetta-2-would-not-exist-without-nintendo-platinum-games-wii-u

2 hours ago, Ryan said:

For anyone here who cared or cares. Friend worked on this, her husband is the director or whatever.
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/battle-royale-brawler-rumbleverse-launches-from-its-cannon-on-august-11th

I was interested, but then I see there’s no date announced for consoles and I’m not interested again. ?

10 hours ago, dogwelder said:

Remake of the old Atari 2600 game Yars' Revenge:

I believe this is the third "recharged" game so far. I know they at least have done Missile Command. The others are apparently good. 

Incidentally, the guy who created Yars' Revenge (Howard Scott Warsaw) wrote an autobiography and it's pretty good. He created the infamous E.T. game as well. 

3 hours ago, Casey said:

I was interested, but then I see there’s no date announced for consoles and I’m not interested again. ?

They don't release shit until they make sure it works, so gotta test it I guess with the console versions.