DVDVR Message Board

Upcoming Video Game Releases (2022 & Beyond)

RIPPA

This really doesn't matter because we will all be dead by the time it happens but Todd Howard confirmed that Bethesda's game after Elder Scrolls 6 will be Fallout 5

• Haha 2

FYI: Aspyr announced that the restored content dlc for Knights of the Old Republic II (Switch port) will not be compatible with base game saves.  Once the dlc is installed, you'll have to start over and create a new save to play through the new ending and missions.

You will be able to disable the dlc from the game menu if you want to return to your old save for some reason.

The restored content dlc is supposed to be available sometime in Q3 of this year.

Glad they told me.  I will probably wait until the dlc is available to play through the game.  

Also, Lollipop Chainsaw was announced as being "back".  No idea what that means?  Remaster?  Remake?  Sequel?  Remaster seems most likely, but licensing the original music would probably be a costly nightmare.

As of about an hour ago, Rockstar Games' website was displaying a black screen instead of the homepage.  Technical issue?  People are reading the tea leaves and thinking an announcement of a Red Dead Redemption 1/2 remake or remaster is imminent.

Edited by Tarheel Moneghetti

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

This really doesn't matter because we will all be dead by the time it happens but Todd Howard confirmed that Bethesda's game after Elder Scrolls 6 will be Fallout 5

I hate stuff like this so much haha its like having Kojima making a big announcement out of him just saying he will start a new game soon. Thanks for the ten year plan, the world may be melted before Fallout 5 comes out.

6 hours ago, odessasteps said:

There’s game and watch footage out there of the TNMT game, for those on the fence about buying it.

IGN put up a review earlier today and loved it.  It's apparently quite the love letter to the two TMNT arcade games that are so freaking good.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

They finally ran out of places to re-release the old one.

Lies, there was hundreds of dollars to still be had! Linux, Mac OS, Wii, WiiU, Stadia, iOS, Android... ?

• Haha 4

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
On 6/15/2022 at 6:09 PM, Tabe said:

IGN put up a review earlier today and loved it.  It's apparently quite the love letter to the two TMNT arcade games that are so freaking good.

I played through a good portion of it this morning (it's on Game Pass, for those of you that have it), and can confirm it's very enjoyable.

Something that I think is a nice touch: April is unlocked from the start. As in, you don't have to jump through any hoops or beat the game first in order to be able to play the game as a woman, if you so decide. (Also, April is a LOT of fun to play as.)

Man, I'm not a console WARRIOR by any means (I quite like all three and don't have a favorite), but Square Enix apparently pretending Xbox doesn't exist is still funny.  Teasing a FF VIII Remake port at yesterday's anniversary event, then announcing that... erm.... the Steam port would go on sale today was some hilarious trolling.  Still no confirmed Xbox port.  Oh, and Part II, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, is a PS exclusive launching this coming winter.

Squeenix is on a roll.  Forgone and Valkyrie Elysium are probably the two games I'm looking forward to most this year (God of War, Bayonetta, TLOU remake round out top 5).

Hope they port the FF 4-6 remasters to console.  Especially VI. 

Edited by Tarheel Moneghetti
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

Hope they port the FF 4-6 remasters to console.  Especially VI. 

I've actually debated buying 4-6 on my iphone and pairing with a controller. Ditto Chrono Trigger. 

2 minutes ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

I bought VI, but I'm a console gamer.  Really want 4-6 on Switch or PlayStation.

Yeah, same, but with gas going up, I'm probably going to start trying to find things to do on my break at the office.

I have a Switch, and bought it for the office, but I never actually touch it.

I also may get a second xbox controller and keep it at the office and just xcloud on my desktop. 

On 6/15/2022 at 12:31 PM, Kevin Wilson said:

I hate stuff like this so much haha its like having Kojima making a big announcement out of him just saying he will start a new game soon. Thanks for the ten year plan, the world may be melted before Fallout 5 comes out.

Nah, that's the game.

Just actually *live* Fallout 5.

Per Tony Hawk himself - Activision cancelled plans to remake Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 & 4

As reported on by Video Games Chronicle, Hawk spoke about this on a livestream with Twisted Pixel Level Designer (an ex-Vicarious Visions Senior Designer) Andy Gentile. When Gentile nonchalantly brought up a possible remake of the third and fourth game, Hawk explained how it was once a real thing.

“That was the plan even up until the release date of [Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2],” said the professional skater. “We were going 3 + 4. And then Vicarious got kind of absorbed and they were looking for other developers and then it was over.”

When asked if it was Activision that didn’t have faith in the project, Hawk explained that it got complicated when Vicarious Visions was folded into Blizzard Entertainment. Activision allegedly took pitches from other studios but didn’t trust them as much.

“The truth of it is that they were trying to find someone to do 3 + 4, but they just didn’t really trust anyone the way they did Vicarious, so they took other pitches from other studios, like, ‘What would you do with a THPS title?’ And they didn’t like anything they heard and then that was it.”

So it turns out that Overwatch 2 will be completely replace Overwatch (ie: once OW2 launches the original will basically not exist)

This is opposite of what was originally promised

OW2 is going to be free to play but clearly that is still gonna piss A LOT of people off (especially since it will completely eliminate 6v6 in favor of 5v5 which folks were already not happy with)

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, RIPPA said:

So it turns out that Overwatch 2 will be completely replace Overwatch (ie: once OW2 launches the original will basically not exist)

This is opposite of what was originally promised

OW2 is going to be free to play but clearly that is still gonna piss A LOT of people off (especially since it will completely eliminate 6v6 in favor of 5v5 which folks were already not happy with)

Among the trophy hunters I know, we're freaking out about getting the Platinum/100% for Overwatch before Overwatch 2 launches. I know I am since I have progress already towards it.

Digging the new Sonic Collection. There's a lot about these games I missed out on as a kid. I had NO IDEA Super Sonic was even a thing. I never completed all the emerald races in Sonic 2 as a kid so I never unlocked it. They also added challenges for each game to add some new content. They take the level design and switch it up and give you objectives. It's a lot of fun and totally worth the money if you liked Sonic as a kid.

I haven't gotten to Sonic CD or Sonic 3 / Sonic & Knuckles. I know I never beat Sonic 3 / Sonic & Knuckles. And I never played Sonic CD because who the hell had Sega CD? I also didn't know it was a prequel that fits in the timeline before Sonic 2. I guess I missed a lot of the narrative here as a kid lol