DVDVR Message Board

Upcoming Video Game Releases (2022 & Beyond)

RIPPA

So Abandoned - the game that everyone was positive was some sort Hideo Kojima Silent Hill game - deleted a bunch of tweets about the game (mind you there hasn't been any updates about it in like 6 months).

So folks assumed that it was being cancelled.

The developers however insist it isn't being cancelled just "changed"

So clearly it is gonna become a Hideo Kojima Silent Hill game

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, tbarrie said:

Have they said what platforms it'll be on? I couldn't find an answer via Google.

Nope, there's no real info out there besides the trailer and that it's supposed to be out by the end of the year.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

So Abandoned - the game that everyone was positive was some sort Hideo Kojima Silent Hill game - deleted a bunch of tweets about the game (mind you there hasn't been any updates about it in like 6 months).

So folks assumed that it was being cancelled.

The developers however insist it isn't being cancelled just "changed"

So clearly it is gonna become a Hideo Kojima Silent Hill game

Man they got people good, for apparently the.... 7th time.

• Thanks 1

Epic Games did a showcase yesterday to continue to show off the Unreal 5 engine

The "big" or maybe I should say only news that was revealed during it is that Crystal Dynamics is doing another Tomb Raider game (which obviously will run on Unreal 5)

Remedy has entered into an agreement with Rockstar that'll see Remedy doing remakes of Max Payne 1 and 2.

• standalone title (a bundle of 1+2)
  • developed for PS5, XSX/S and PC using the Northlight Engine (Control)
  • budget has the same size as "a typical Remedy AAA production"
  • financed by Rockstar Games
  • currently at "concept development stage"
Edited by Casey

2 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Gotta get QEMM so I can balance my EMS and XMS otherwise my SoundBlaster 16 won't work.

Oh yeah, had QEMM back in the day.  Make sure to get a couple games that have their own custom memory managers (like Ultima 7) as well and then scream and yell because you still can't get them to work.

1 hour ago, Tabe said:

Oh yeah, had QEMM back in the day.  Make sure to get a couple games that have their own custom memory managers (like Ultima 7) as well and then scream and yell because you still can't get them to work.

Man, I ran up a couple of big phone bills back when calling in to Origin customer service trying to get Ultima 7 and Privateer to run on our computer with sound.

2 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Man, I ran up a couple of big phone bills back when calling in to Origin customer service trying to get Ultima 7 and Privateer to run on our computer with sound.

I got U7 to run once.  Just once.  Maybe someday I'll go back and play it through Exult or one of the other methods or download it from GOG or something.

On 4/6/2022 at 5:27 PM, Casey said:

Remedy has entered into an agreement with Rockstar that'll see Remedy doing remakes of Max Payne 1 and 2.

• standalone title (a bundle of 1+2)
  • developed for PS5, XSX/S and PC using the Northlight Engine (Control)
  • budget has the same size as "a typical Remedy AAA production"
  • financed by Rockstar Games
  • currently at "concept development stage"

As long as they don't have those god awful nightmare stages where you had to walk on those thin lines of blood it'll be fine.

Also they should keep the bad voice acting.

As someone who didn't even finish KH3 because of how confusing the storyline was (and partly due to the fact that Square Enix made playing the mobile KH game basically mandatory to fully understand everything) I'll probably skip KH4, although it would be interesting to see how much more convoluted it'll be.

• Like 1

We’re never going to get FF7 Remake Part 2. And given how the game ended. I wouldn’t be surprised if they had no idea how to write the story going forward. Even if they did, I probably would be disappointed by there direction of the game.

i really loved Remake. I think it’s one of my favorite stories in video games. I just don’t see how they’ll competently continue it.

• Haha 1

Not really a new game per se but the Witcher 3 Next-Gen Update has been delayed "indefinitely" as CD Projekt Red is bringing the project back in house.

It had been being done by Saber Interactive’s Russia office

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Not really a new game per se but the Witcher 3 Next-Gen Update has been delayed "indefinitely" as CD Projekt Red is bringing the project back in house.

It had been being done by Saber Interactive’s Russia office

So either a) CD Projekt Red doesn't like even more bad press about having a Russian team handle the upgrade or b) this is another Cyperpunk 2077 situation and the upgrade is off the rails.

• Like 2