DVDVR Message Board

Upcoming Video Game Releases (2022 & Beyond)

RIPPA

State of Play was various levels of disappointment for me. Exoprimal had me thinking Capcom was rebooting Dino Crisis and purposely making it not Resident Evil like at all, but nope. Decide Chronicles (or whatever it's called) had me thinking Square Enix was rebooting Final Fantasy Tactics but nope. Valkyrie Elysium is decisively not a RPG at all but looks very late gen PS3/early gen PS4 for me (in other words, barely tapping the prowess of the system).

The only one that excites me is TMNT Cowabunga Collection but it's $40 (oof). Forspoken, Ghostwire Tokyo & Final Fantasy Origin Stranger of Paradise I won't get day 1 unless the reviews are that outstanding and I'll wait until around Black Friday.

1 hour ago, Andrew POE! said:

State of Play was various levels of disappointment for me. Exoprimal had me thinking Capcom was rebooting Dino Crisis and purposely making it not Resident Evil like at all, but nope. Decide Chronicles (or whatever it's called) had me thinking Square Enix was rebooting Final Fantasy Tactics but nope. Valkyrie Elysium is decisively not a RPG at all but looks very late gen PS3/early gen PS4 for me (in other words, barely tapping the prowess of the system).

The only one that excites me is TMNT Cowabunga Collection but it's $40 (oof). Forspoken, Ghostwire Tokyo & Final Fantasy Origin Stranger of Paradise I won't get day 1 unless the reviews are that outstanding and I'll wait until around Black Friday.

I never googled something as fast as "TMNT Cowabunga Collection" when you mentioned it. I couldn't ever resist that, pretty beefy collection.

I've often wondered why the band "The Gorillas" have never released a video game.

By the way, they're badass.

Musically nearly everything they do is catchy, and so simple yet very smart.

And their Music Videos don't take a back seat to anyone. Each vid is a kick ass adventure from beginning til the end. When mixed together it's the damnedest thing.

Why not have a great Gorillaz game?!

The graphics would have to be top notch.

...just an idea. 

-Burke

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Here is the trailer

And people are still shaking their fists at the sky in anger at Kotaku about Microsoft for buying Actiblizzard. 

Sony is alive and well and pumping out gorgeous exclusives, folks.

Edited by J.T.

Put that 8- and 16-bit TMNT collection directly into my veins.

Forty bucks is fine considering how many of those games are still locked to their original consoles, IMO.

• Like 5

EA has cancelled EA Play Live (which was the thing they would do E3 week)

Apparently they will do individual showcases for all their upcoming games

(Granted E3 really isn't even a thing anymore either...)

• Haha 1

The Quarry

The next SuperMassive game

David Arquette, Ariel Winter, Justice Smith, Brenda Song, Lance Henriksen, Lin Shaye and more are all in the game

While similar to Until Dawn and the Dark Pictures games it does not appear to be linked to the Dark Pictures anthology

10 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The Quarry

David Arquette, Ariel Winter, Justice Smith, Brenda Song, Lance Henriksen, Lin Shaye and more are all in the game

While similar to Until Dawn and the Dark Pictures games it does not appear to be linked to the Dark Pictures anthology

This is more of a Friday The 13th game than the actual Friday The 13th game.

On 3/17/2022 at 12:35 PM, RIPPA said:

The Quarry

I've been waiting for a Dead by Daylight game I did not have to play with other people.

There are many jokes floating around about how CDPR is not using their own game engine for Witcher 4 like they did with Cyberpunk 2077

Sad because 2077 is actually playable now after a year of patches.... which just leads people to conclude that it should've been a Fall 2022 game released for next gen and never ported to XB1 / PS4.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Probably a smart move. Unreal Engine 5 is supposed to be *amazing* (per them) and after all the crunch and what happened with Cyberpunk they probably don't want to go through that hell again. Plus maybe the game will be out this decade if they don't try to do it all by themselves.

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The please "let's pretend Cyberpunk didn't happen" announcement

I mean they simultaneously put out an announcement that the REDengine is still being used to develop the first Cyberpunk expansion.

Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed

It is by Illfonic so it is similar to their previous titles, Friday the 13th and Predator - Asymmetrical multiplayer

• Like 1