DVDVR Message Board

Upcoming Video Game Releases (2022 & Beyond)

RIPPA

13 hours ago, JLSigman said:

Oh my fucking god, FOR STEAM. Gonna have to stock up on tissues.

Goddamn you, JL.  Thank you, Squeenix, for not forgetting the XBox players or that April usually sucks on the gamer's calendar.

Between this game, Skyrim, and Witcher 3, I will not see daylight until 2030.

Edited by J.T.
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I'm most excited for Mario Strikers and Switch Sports.  I played the crap out of the former and the latter was always a hit with myself and friends.  As long as we remember those damn wrist straps I sense a lot of bowling in our future.

Just got around to watching the Nintendo Direct. For someone who has never played a Mario Strikers game, how similar is it to Sega Soccer Slam? SSS is still one of the most fun soccer and multiplayer games ever and I've been wanting something, anything to scratch that itch for a long time now.

Other than that, I mean, cool, Front Mission, but I'd rather just go back and keep playing Into the Breach. 

I look forward to the amount of accidents that happen with "kicking" the ball in the Switch Sports soccer game. 

Oh. Cool. Two whole games for Nintendo Online. Great.

And for some reason I figured there would be something about Xenoblade Chronicles 3. I meant to include that in my predictions the other day.

Outside of Switch Sports, there's not a whole lot to get excited for here. For me anyway. Maybe if I ever get around to playing Xenoblade Chronicles then I'll care about playing the third. Other than that, this all just looks like more junk for the Nintendo eShop. 

6 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

I will admit a curiosity for Lost Ark but goddamn is "2 weeks until Elden Ring" the last possible time window I am going to start a MMO, oh well.

Hah! My friend just yesterday was trying to convince me to play Lost Ark and I told him something similar, that Elden Ring and Horizon were both coming out in weeks. 

• Like 1

On 2/10/2022 at 3:29 PM, Craig H said:

Just got around to watching the Nintendo Direct. For someone who has never played a Mario Strikers game, how similar is it to Sega Soccer Slam? SSS is still one of the most fun soccer and multiplayer games ever and I've been wanting something, anything to scratch that itch for a long time now.

Very. The original Mario Strikers was one of Next Level Games' first titles and some of their founding members came from the team that made SSS.

• Thanks 1

I ordered a hard copy so when that comes, I start. Of course, THIS is the weekend I end up with covid, quarantining in the basement where all the gaming systems are ☹️

On the upside, I finished/platinumed Control. Decent game but very repetitive and frustrating. 

• Like 1

On 2/13/2022 at 10:02 AM, Raziel said:

*stares intently at Horizon Forbidden West sitting on my PS4 with the locked countdown timer*

I pre-ordered the Collector's Edition of Horizon: FW because I'm dumb and I liked the statue (I still think it's ridiculous that Sony didn't have a physical copy with the collector's edition but they may be preventing re-sales on eBay). Or whatever resales there are would be the statue only unless people are being evil and would sell an already redeemed code too.

I also pre-ordered the Collector's Edition for Elden Ring PS5.

And Monark and Atelier Sophie 2 are out in the next two weeks as well. Bye bye money.

So for people not in the loop, Street Fighter 6 got rebooted a few years ago after some kind of disastrous internal showing that cost the head of the entire fighting game department their job. So that teaser being a big nothingburger with a cheap logo is also representative of how direly on fire that game appears to be. I wish them the best, but honestly Capcom's been on such a winning streak that they're about due for something to fall on its face.

14 hours ago, Stefanie the Human said:

Cheap logo too.

Once again, I sit here with a degree in graphic design, seeing crap like this, and realizing whoever made this design is probably making $30k to $50k more than me.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1