DVDVR Message Board

Upcoming Video Game Releases (2022 & Beyond)

RIPPA

10 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Having Horizon and Elden Ring come out a week apart is so cruel, don't they know I have a job and stuff.

It was the same thing with the initial Horizon. I believe it and Breath of the Wild were a week apart. 

4 hours ago, Andrew POE! said:

Not to mention Dying Light 2, Sifu and Olli Olli World. I need more hours in the day at this point.

King of Fighters XV releases the day before Forbidden West.  Sigh.  I've also got three indies I'm looking forward to on my calendar for March 1.  How I'm going to find the time to actually play those games, I dunno.

I'm amused that PlatinumGames delayed Sol Cresta, it's shmup revival, then waited until late January to reschedule the game and someone decided Feb  22 was a good date (four days after HFW, three days before Elden Ring).

Mina The Hollower

New game from the folks who did Shovel Knight (Yacht Club Games)

They are doing Kickstarter again with a goal a little bit over $300K*

* - Should note that YCG says they are funding the majority of the game themselves but the Kickstarter is to make a "more expansive game"

Ghostwire: Tokyo's release date might have been leaked

Everything has been scrubbed now but for a hot minute the internet claimed

March 25, 2022 for the PS5

March 23, 2023 for Xbox Game Pass

(It should be confirmed this afternoon as their is a showcase featuring the game)

I want to be excited about Ghostwire Tokyo but I can't.

The gameplay looks like Dishonored meets Control but nothing about it has any sense of urgency or danger. Maybe they were playing on easy mode, but I would hope the final game would have faster gameplay and more varied enemy attacks.

It's not like The Evil Within 1 & 2, where you know the gameplay IS Resident Evil 4 and can prepare yourself. This, you see what it's like and you're surprised at what it's doing.

There will be a physical release of Sifu but that won't happen until May 3 (Digital version comes out on Tuesday)

In addition to getting the game, the physical version will come packed with a variety of collectibles, including a Steelbook, three lithographs with art from the game, a full, 48-page art book, and a digital soundtrack for the game.

8 hours ago, Casey said:

isn’t that a non-US release?

The story I got it from says

Currently, the Sifu Vengeance Edition is only available to pre-order in Europe, but for those that live across the pond and looking to pick it up, you can do so now on either Game or Play-Asia.

So.... yes and no???

On 2/6/2022 at 12:48 AM, Casey said:

isn’t that a non-US release?

Yes. it's expected to only be released in PAL territories (Europe and Australia).  Customers in the US, Japan, etc. will have to import it.  I'm guessing that won't be too hard to accomplish.

Reviews are making Sifu look very interesting, so hoping to finish Uncharted 4 Remastered tonight or tomorrow and dive into Sifu by midweek.

What people will hope to see: Breath of the Wild 2, Metroid Prime Trilogy, more Zelda remasters

What they'll get: Some bullshit about Nintendo Online and the one new N64 game they'll put on it that no one will give a shit about, Mario and Rabbids 2, DLC for Mario Party, probably some bullshit about Smash Bros. even though they said they're done with Smash Bros.

As someone that’s currently 52 hours into Valhalla, I’m down for that. Basim isn’t my favorite side character, but I’m interested enough in his story and whatnot.

It sounds like this game will go back to the roots of AC. Less open world, more focused gameplay. But they said that about the next AC game after Odyssey too apparently, and… well, like I said, I’m currently 50+ hours into this game and I’ve only killed ONE of the main Order people. I’m pretty sure it’s just one.. two, tops. Anyway.

I wish I could have gotten into Valhalla, but I just couldn't. There's something about the combat, traversal, and look of the game that isn't aesthetically pleasing to me. Some of the stuff I read about it that happens mid or later game sounds cool, but I'm just not going to get to it.

It is now in the fail pile with Deathloop and Far Cry 6.

For what it is worth - Microsoft is again saying that existing IPs will continue to be available on all systems (the blog is under President and Vice Chair Brad Smith's name)

Nightingale

From Inflexion Studios; a company made up of lots of ex-Bioware people.

Allegedly to be released by the end of 2022, but will probably either be delayed or become vaporware.