DVDVR Message Board

Upcoming Video Game Releases (2022 & Beyond)

RIPPA

More info about PLA

Spoiler

No breeding in the game, and no Ditto. No Ditto also means shiny hunting is different.

With only two exceptions most of the regional forms from other gens aren't in.  And the newer regional forms introduced in this game replace the old versions, so for example no kanto Growlithe line but hisuian forms of them only. The exceptions to those is the Sneasel.

Anyway lots of new good stuff in.

Edited by D.Z

On 1/4/2022 at 1:21 PM, Andrew POE! said:

I'm hoping we'll hear more about an actual release date for LEGO Star Wars: Skywalker Saga. The game got pushed back twice and has a nebulous "Spring 2022" release window. I would want to hear about something before or on "May the 4th 2022" or even a release date for the game on that day, but I'm starting to wonder if the game got canceled.

Not linked is a different IGN story about the crunch was for that game and how apparently toxic it has gotten to work at Traveller's Tales (and that isn't me being flippant - there is a story I just can't find the link at the moment)

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Not linked is a different IGN story about the crunch was for that game and how apparently toxic it has gotten to work at Traveller's Tales (and that isn't me being flippant - there is a story I just can't find the link at the moment)

I can't seem to find it anywhere if there's a PS4 to PS5 upgrade path or if the DLC for PS4 will presumably work on PS5. If so, I'll likely get both versions at different times during the year (Black Friday sale for PS4 version, at/near launch for PS5 version).

21 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Majora’s mask coming to NSO next month.

I don't mind them doing just one game a month if they can manage to make the one game a quality title. Course, knowing Nintendo at some point there will be a six month gap with no new games at all.

Square Enix dropped a bunch of trailers the past two days for Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin and Life Is Strange Remastered Collection.

This trailer is so batshit insane, it's great. Day Freaking 1.

Spoiler

Frank Sinatra's "My Way." Frank's family must have gotten PAID.

Also, the 'final trailer' isn't the final trailer for the game. There's a "Basics to Battle" trailer.

Edited by Andrew POE!

2028-29 is probably about right. I've been watching stuff on Skull & Bones in the last week (hey, anyone else remember Skull & Bones? Anyone?) and it's kind of crazy how at this point the expectation is "probably 2023 I guess" for something that started life as a DLC for Assassin's Creed Black Flag.

Little Orpheus is coming to Xbox, PlayStation, Switch and Steam on March 1.

It'll probably get lost in crush of AA and AAA games coming in February and March, but it shouldn't.  Developer The Chinese Room is the studio behind Everybody Went to the Rapture and Dear Esther.  Little Orpheus is different but I really like what I've seen of it (it's been available on Apple Arcade for awhile now).