DVDVR Message Board

Upcoming Video Game Releases (2022 & Beyond)

RIPPA

18 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I looked but didn't look back far enough. I thought it came out after the last posts I looked at. ?

You didn't look two posts back? 

You have JT's old man eyes

17 hours ago, RIPPA said:

You didn't look two posts back? 

You have JT's old man eyes

I would make an angry retort, but what you said was 100% true.

Stupid reading glasses with blue light lenses.

Edited by J.T.
  • Haha 1

I am not usually a "need to see reviews" guy about AAA titles from developers/franchises I am familar with, but I am gonna need to see reviews of the new Pokemon before I buy it. Trailers aren't enough to really see how deep/fun it is or if its just a unique cash grab.

I can't tell if this is an improvement from every third release being a battle royale shooter or not. Or is this a battle royale shooter? It looked team based to me, but I watched that with the volume off. Plus, there's a whole of chaos going on for it to be a battle royale game. 

It would be nice though if there were some kind of innovation for shooters these days. I love Halo Infinite if just because it dials back on a lot of the junk that gets released now. It's weird that going back to what worked in the past is "innovation." Valorant may be the one "new" shooter that I really like because it takes a lot of what worked in MOBAs and Overwatch, refines those mechanics, and bundles it with very tight gameplay. 

I thought it was a Battle Royale at first but the official description is

LEAP is a fast-paced, multiplayer first-person shooter featuring epic battles with up to 60 players, each armed to the teeth. Fight for either the United Earth Defense Coalition (UEDC) or the rebel Exo-Terrans - whoever pays the most, wins your trigger finger and excessive arsenal.

Work together with your teammates, use powerful weapons and unique class abilities, and traverse the terrain quickly with grappling hooks, jetpacks and outrageous vehicles to seize victory.

From the video, I thought, "so this was inspired by TRIBES, right?" Then reading that description, it definitely sounds inspired by TRIBES and Planetside, except with hoverboards!

It also looks like a free to play game. I can't imagine spending actual money on that thing. Valorant and Halo Infinite multiplayer are both free. Anyone releasing a multiplayer shooter today needs to check themselves because bullshit like Battlefield 2042 and even the mess that SW Battlefront 2 was for months isn't going to make people want to drop $30 to $70 on a multiplayer FPS.

I'm so glad I didn't pre-order Battlefield 2042. I came close, but wound up watching enough videos to realize that it was a mess. This game at least looks pretty clean, but still, any amount of money for it is going to be too much.