DVDVR Message Board

Upcoming Video Game Releases (2022 & Beyond)

RIPPA

As per usual - release dates are more of a moving target. This is just a sampling of the stuff that is coming out (theoretically) in 2022. Also this list is not all encompassing

Things With Specific Release Dates

• Rainbow Six Extraction - January 20
  • Pokémon Legends: Arceus - January 28
  • Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection - January 28
  • Life is Strange Remastered Collection - February 1
  • Dying Light 2 Stay Human - February 4
  • OlliOlli World - February 8
  • Horizon Forbidden West - February 18
  • Elden Ring - February 25
  • Tiny Tina's Wonderlands - March 25
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chernobyl - April 28
  • Forspoken - May 24
  • Saints Row - August 23
  • Starfield - November 11

Things With Vague Dates

• WWE 2K22 - March 2022
  • Ghostwire: Tokyo - Quarter 1 or 2
  • Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga - Quarter 1 or 2
  • Kirby and the Forgotten Land - Spring 2022
  • Marvel's Midnight Suns - Quarter 3 or 4
  • Redfall - Summer 2022
  • The Lord of the Rings: Gollum - Quarter 4
  • Sonic Frontiers - Late 2022

Things Labelled as Just 2022

• A Plague Tale: Requiem
  • Bayonetta 3
  • Evil Dead: The Game
  • God of War Ragnarök
  • Gotham Knights
  • Hogwarts Legacy
  • Open Roads
  • Oxenfree II: Lost Signals
  • Splatoon 3
  • Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League

3 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Man, I'm only looking at 3 games this year?

I have 7 just out of the things with release dates or quasi release dates.

Now one of them is a rerelease of something I already played and a couple of them I highly doubt I will actually play this year.

Nor do I really expect all of them to come out this year

the Cuphead DLC has a release date of June 2022. i mention this because i'm REALLY hoping for a physical Switch release at or around this time. been wanting to play this for years, but i'm very anti-digital for games.

unrelated, but also hoping for a physical Switch release for Cyber Shadow.

Edited by twiztor

2 hours ago, Raziel said:

Man, I'm only looking at 3 games this year?

I've already got 17 games on my list.  Two are Forspoken (May) & Starfield (November).  I think the rest are late Jan - March.  I've not even picking up a couple of the big winter games (Don't play Destiny, for example).

My list is only games with definite release dates (day and date).   I don't keep track of games with release months and release windows.

Edited by Tarheel Moneghetti

7 minutes ago, Casey said:

I hope there's a physical release for Life Is Strange Remastered Collection, but I doubt there will be. I don't need to play those two games over again, but it'd be nice to have for my LiS collection.

At the time of announcing it - Square Enix said there would be a physical edition. It is possible plans changed but they at least said there would be one

2022 is going to smoke 2021. 2021 was going to be tough anyway as the first year after a new console releases tends to be slow, then add in COVID and everything else it was a pretty down year for high-end games. But so many games are coming out in 2022 I am looking forward to, unless there are massive delays again I am going to be very busy.

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

At the time of announcing it - Square Enix said there would be a physical edition. It is possible plans changed but they at least said there would be one

They did? I thought it was just announced that it'd be digital DLC for anyone who ordered the Ultimate Edition of Colors or whatever (and could be bought digitally as a separate download). The LiS subreddit were all asking questions about a physical release, etc. Their official website only has digital pre-order links, and the only mentions on Google that I can find about physical editions are from gaming websites, no statements from Square Enix about it at all.

This is where I got it from

https://www.shacknews.com/article/126817/life-is-strange-remastered-collection-gets-february-2022-release-date

Square Enix announced the new release date for Life is Strange: Remastered Collection in a press release on September 24, 2021. The game will hit physical and digital shelves on February 1, 2021.

So I guess it could be an assumption on the site's part 

1 hour ago, Death From Above said:

I'm going to literally vanish from the Earth when Elden Ring launches so if I never return do not be concerned

I'm going to vanish completely in February. Dying Light 2, Horizon: Forbidden West, and Elden Ring (although I cancelled my pre-order of Saints Row due to stupidity from Volition regarding unceremoniously shutting down the Agents of Mayhem servers).

• Like 1

Let's see:

My steam wishlist gives me the following

Total War: Warhammer III (February) (pre-ordered)

Cyber Knights:  (a Cyberpunk-ish heist strategy game) (Unknown: Just entered Private Alpha)

Alliance of the Sacred Suns (1Q 2022 for EA/playable, alpha underway)

Manor Lords (In EA currently, full release "TBA")

Metal Slug Tactics (TBA)

Other games from https://www.gameinformer.com/2022

These are just games that caught my eye for one reason or another

February: Sifu, Dynasty Warriors 9 Empires, Elden RIng

March: Gran Turismo 7, Chocobo GP, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Weird West

April: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chernobyl 

August: Saint's Row Reboot

November: Starfield

TBA 2022

Advance Wars 1+2 Reboot Camp

Blood Bowl III

Cyberpunk 2077 Next Generation (ie, the "remastered" PS5/Xbox Series one)

Another Mario+Rabbids game

River City Girls 2

I'm sticking with games that have actual release dates, even though that doesn't mean much of anything these days.

• 2/1: Life Is Strange Remastered Collection (only if there's a physical edition)
  • 2/8: Sifu
  • 2/18: Horizon Forbidden West
  • 2/25: Elden Ring
  • 5/24: Forspoken
  • 11/11: Starfield

I suspect Starfield and possibly Forspoken will get delayed. The latter I'll wait for a price drop, and the same goes for Elden Ring. I'll buy Horizon & Sifu at full price (and Starfield will be on Gamepass I'm assuming, so...)

There are a LOT of games I'm excited for that don't have anything besides "2022", so... we'll see.

2 hours ago, Casey said:

I'm sticking with games that have actual release dates, even though that doesn't mean much of anything these days.

• 2/1: Life Is Strange Remastered Collection (only if there's a physical edition)
  • 2/8: Sifu
  • 2/18: Horizon Forbidden West
  • 2/25: Elden Ring
  • 5/24: Forspoken
  • 11/11: Starfield

I suspect Starfield and possibly Forspoken will get delayed. The latter I'll wait for a price drop, and the same goes for Elden Ring. I'll buy Horizon & Sifu at full price (and Starfield will be on Gamepass I'm assuming, so...)

There are a LOT of games I'm excited for that don't have anything besides "2022", so... we'll see.

Our lists are very similar, I would just shimmy Tiny Tina's Wonderland onto mine since my brother and I enjoy couch co-op shooters. Not sure how I am going to have time for all that, nevermind the fact I got four games for Christmas I am trying to get through before Horizon arrives.

I also have my eye on Sifu and Starfield.  I will probably get the Saints Row reboot because I am old and dumb and have way too much history with that game not to see it through.

Don't really have much interest in Eldeen Ring.  "Dark Souls Gameplay" is kind of a dealbreaker with me.  I've got better things to do than rage about unforgiving and unyielding gameplay.

Next Gen update for Cyberpunk 2077 is slated for 1Q but that's anytime between now and March and I am thinking March since CDPR loves to wait until the last minute to do shit.  Delaying it to 2Q and blaming COVID or the next update would be a very CDPR thing to happen.

• Haha 1