DVDVR Message Board

THE SPOILERS OF BOBA FETT

Eivion

Boy that AI voice for Mark Hamill was depressing, and terrible. Shit had no acting range whatsoever, but to be fair that sort of fits the quality of acting on display. Outside of that, I did not like the episode whatsoever. If the previous episode reminded me of season one of Mando, this reminded me of season two, with all its back door pilot characters I don’t give a shit about. I’m not looking forward to this grand MCU style crossover finale. 

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

On 2/5/2022 at 12:20 PM, Control said:

If it wasn’t tampered with or something then those scenes were preposterous wastes of time.

My initial thought was his weapons or darksaber would be stolen. But I think it was just to show this dull view of how Mando is now forced to fly commercially across the galaxy, check his weapons, and without the freedom he used to have to go where he pleased with his ship, and most of the episode was to set him up getting a new ship which he was in sore need of. Also, it offered a better look at what commercial travel looks like in the Star Wars Galaxy and during the New Republic, post-Empire era. But like him checking the saber and his weapons I think was more, "How humiliating is this I have to check my weapons like an everyday schnook! I'm the god-damned Mandalorian!"

On a personal level, I like world-building elements like this. And this is what the TV shows should be doing. Filling in the smaller world-building gaps we often don't see in the bigger picture movies, which is mainly the broad strokes of a given conflict.

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Like 1

Rancor SMASH!

I went from having fun watching a near episode long shoot out to full on Claire Danes cryface when Grogu jumped into Mandos arms.  Never. Be. Apart.

It was kind of a messy episode editorially.  But largely enjoyable.  

Cad Bane has been awesome throughout and I really liked him being taken out.  Dickhead.

The only thing I really didn’t care for was how abrupt the ending was.  I also missed the significance of the mid credits scene.  But I’m sure it’ll come to light eventually.

Finale was wild as hell, I loved it. 

Cad Bane has spent years being the luckiest villain in Star Wars, just being impossible to take out. So it made sense for Boba to be the one to finally get him.

I'm assuming the mid credit scene is some type of Crimson Dawn reference?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just read that it was Cobb Vanth in the tank.

Edited by RandomAct
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RandomAct said:

Finale was wild as hell, I loved it. 

Cad Bane has spent years being the luckiest villain in Star Wars, just being impossible to take out. So it made sense for Boba to be the one to finally get him.

I'm assuming the mid credit scene is some type of Crimson Dawn reference?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just read that it was Cobb Vanth in the tank.

Was it Vanth?  I missed that. Lol 

All I really wanted to see from this whole series was Boba Fett riding a rancor, and bah gawd did they deliver.

I’ve read a lot of negativity about this series but I really enjoyed it start to finish. It wasn’t perfect but it was fun and energetic. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Raziel said:

My only unanswered question after the Finale.

Why hasn't Dave Filoni been given Kathy Kennedy's job yet?

Because he would then have basically no time to do any of the work he is doing now?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've enjoyed both this show and The Mandalorian far more than I have any of the Star Wars movies released in this period. Just straight up action adventure western stuff with the feel of the original movies. 

Some fun casting underneath the makeup in this. I think of Olyphant primarily as Seth Bullock so when the barman showed up here I thought they should've got Dan Dority in there because it sounded a bit like him. It turns out they did. Also former UFC fighter Frank Trigg was one of the Gamorrean guards throughout.

• Like 2

On 2/9/2022 at 1:36 PM, Raziel said:

My only unanswered question after the Finale.

Why hasn't Dave Filoni been given Kathy Kennedy's job yet?

Dave Filoni is an artist. He wants to write, direct, create. He doesn't want Kathleen Kennedy's job. There are probably few people who could even really do her job in the first place. Same for Favreau. He doesn't want to be president of the company. He wants to write and direct stuff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1