DVDVR Message Board

THE SPOILERS OF BOBA FETT

Eivion

9 minutes ago, Matt D said:

The wife was aghast at the lack of relative living space. What if he had to stick both a bounty and Grogu in there with him at the same time?

That's what I thought, too!

4 minutes ago, Craig H said:

National Lampoon's Vacation that shit and strap the bounty to the top of the ship.

Mitt Romney that shit!

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Eivion said:

I assume the new ship is a temp for travel. I wouldn't be shocked if Boba ends up giving him the Slave-1 by the end of the season.

You mean the Firespray.

Come to think of it, has it been called the Firespray in the show yet? It never seems like they refer to Fett's Vette by any name in particular.

• Like 1

What is the inverse of a backdoor pilot?

On 1/27/2022 at 7:49 AM, Matt D said:

The wife was aghast at the lack of relative living space. What if he had to stick both a bounty and Grogu in there with him at the same time?

That's what the Darksaber is for.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Raziel said:

He called it his Firespray in the last episode flashback right before he DFA'd the swoop gang.

Firespray is the ship class, not the callsign. It's like Porsche or Ferrari. The Millennium Falcon is a converted Corellian YT-1300f light freighter.

3 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Firespray is the ship class, not the callsign. It's like Porsche or Ferrari. The Millennium Falcon is a converted Corellian YT-1300f light freighter.

I know, Craig just wondered if it had ever been called a Firespray on screen, and the answer is yes. 

Conversely, I can't recall of the Slave I has ever been called by its ID on screen (its been called such everywhere else though).

Ironically, the Razor Crest wasn't Din's ships call sign,  but the actual model of ship.

Episode 6 of Fett was another Mandalorian episode though blended better with it also building to everything happening in Fett a lot more. I continue to love that Olyphant's character in the Star Wars universe is just Raylan Givens in space. Was neat seeing Luke and Ahsoka again and actually together. Was wondering if the two ever met. Now I just need a Luke and Rex meeting in the comics. Luke looked better here than the S2 finale of Mandalorian. I do love that the title of the episode only came into play in the last 5-8 minutes of the episode.

Spoiler

Live Cad Bane looks good. Absolutely loved the old west faceoff with Olyphant. Not sure why, but I was not expecting Bane. Feels like we are finally about to see the end of Bane in the Star Wars universe as I can't help but think we get Bane vs. Fett to end things in a bit more personal manner.

• Like 2

That was nucking futs!!! Loved this episode.

The duel towards the end was a serious high point for me.  The tension was incredible.  Looks like Freetown is gonna gets pissed.  Boba vs. Bane or a Bane vs. Shand rematch?  

How about that cliff hanger?  Grogu has a huge choice to make.  I have to guess maybe he’ll choose both since they’ve been name dropping Tar Visla who was also both Mandalorian and a Jedi.

But how did Grogu survive Order 66 now that we know he was there?  Maybe it won’t matter? 

Great seeing Rosario again.  Lukes deepfake looked much improved.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brandon Bones said:

But how did Grogu survive Order 66 now that we know he was there?  Maybe it won’t matter? 

To me it looked like he was in someone's backpack. Maybe we'll have further flashbacks. Looked like he was with the other younglings and with Hayden meant to be reprising his role in Obi Wan, maybe they'll create some additional footage of Grogu escaping him.

This was my favourite episode of Boba Fett so far and top 5 even including Mando series as well. So many guest stars and live action Cad Bane looked phenomenal. So mean-looking.

I want Grogu to be a badass jedi/mandalorian so badly!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leonidas said:

To me it looked like he was in someone's backpack. Maybe we'll have further flashbacks. Looked like he was with the other younglings and with Hayden meant to be reprising his role in Obi Wan, maybe they'll create some additional footage of Grogu escaping him.

This was my favourite episode of Boba Fett so far and top 5 even including Mando series as well. So many guest stars and live action Cad Bane looked phenomenal. So mean-looking.

I want Grogu to be a badass jedi/mandalorian so badly!

You might be onto something with Hayden.  I heard that Ming Na didn’t immediately know what show she was doing when TBOBF was shot.  Assuming that it was Mando season 3.  

So I gather these crafty set of show runners could pull off an out of suit Vader cameo.  

I’ll have my shitting pants on just in case.

On 1/28/2022 at 8:37 PM, Raziel said:

I know, Craig just wondered if it had ever been called a Firespray on screen, and the answer is yes. 

Conversely, I can't recall of the Slave I has ever been called by its ID on screen (its been called such everywhere else though).

Ironically, the Razor Crest wasn't Din's ships call sign,  but the actual model of ship.

This makes his conversation with Strangers with Candy lady make more sense where he was saying "you told me you had a Razor Crest" and I sat there confused because he said it in a way you'd say, "you told me you'd have a Ford F-150."

• Like 2

The Vanth / Bane stand off was as intense a stand off as anything in any western. That was incredible and tense as all hell.

Brilliant episode.  Loved the Jawas truck with the dragon skull skeleton.  Noticed the free town bar had been decorated with some rib bones from the dragon as well!

• Like 2

I hope Vanth isn't dead because I REALLY want Walton Goggins to show up somewhere on Tatooine at some point

This Finale is going to be bananas  because its going to be Rodriguez directing and he doesn't fuck up bih action set pieces

James

• Like 3

WHEN I yelled out "THE BIG MAN IS BACK" at the Cad Bane appearance. Many don't know this, but Cad is up there with Ahsoka and Obi-Wan as my favorite Star Wars characters. Glad the original voice actor was brought in for him. Loved that scene.

• Like 5

20 hours ago, J.H. said:

I hope Vanth isn't dead because I REALLY want Walton Goggins to show up somewhere on Tatooine at some point

This Finale is going to be bananas  because its going to be Rodriguez directing and he doesn't fuck up bih action set pieces

James

I'd also love to see Goggins on this show, but as Baby Billy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, RandomAct said:

WHEN I yelled out "THE BIG MAN IS BACK" at the Cad Bane appearance. Many don't know this, but Cad is up there with Ahsoka and Obi-Wan as my favorite Star Wars characters. Glad the original voice actor was brought in for him. Loved that scene.

Cad Bane? That’s a funny name. I’d have called him Shooty McQuickdraw.

So...what's the inversion of a backdoor pilot?

The Cobb Vanth/Cad Bane stuff were the best scenes this week.

The plotting in last two episodes is problematic to me, though, here are my feelings:

* While I think Episode 5 on its own was fantastic, I do think they are unintentionally undermining Book of Boba Fett. This is a limited miniseries. We don't have a guarantee of a second season yet. This is supposed to be about Boba Fett's story. I think by episode 4 they sort of established things very well. Boba Fett went on a journey, and he's done being the bounty hunter now. He wants to be the top dog now and step out of his father's shadow. He's not a "good guy" but he wants to do things differently now. The things that happened to him changed him, and this is the result. So by episode 4, Boba is fully healed, he's building out his ranks, he's got preparing for an all-out war with the Pykes. 

* My general problem with episode 5&6 is that it felt like we were treading ground that should be in Mandalorian Season 3. Stuff with Luke/Grogu/Ahsoka, yeah I know you're trying to set up an Ahsoka series, but that was an error. This show is Book of Boba Fett. You can revisit Grogu training, Jedi Luke, Mando being conflicted in his own show. 

* To me it feels like they didn't have enough steam to have this miniseries run for 7 episodes, and this is the result. They padded out the Boba Fett miniseries with more Mandalorian material, but I feel like it's come at the cost of Boba Fett's development. Case in point, he's not in episode 5 at all, and he's barely even in episode 6, with one more episode to go.

* I think it was fine to have Fennec seek out and recruit Mando, but I think they way over-played their hand with Mando. Like episode 5 would've been a perfect Season 3 opener for The Mandalorian and would've perfectly set the tone for that season. 

* Also way over-played their hand with all the Luke/Grogu drama. Frankly, I would've preferred if we never saw Grogu again. Season 2 felt like the perfect conclusion to that story. 

* I was fine with Deep-Fake Luke again, but I think they used just the right amount in S2. When it's onscreen too long it starts to look weird. I'd rather this tech be used more sparingly. I don't want a bunch of movies and spinoffs starring deep fake Luke, Han, and Leia. 

* The Armorer is a liar and can't be trusted anymore at this point. She's making up fake rules as she goes along. Mando is such a dope. He's so desperate to belong to something and have a surrogate family now he has to go bathe in the living waters of Lake Minnentonka beneath Mandalore or some BS. The Armorer is basically the Mandalorian equivalent of L. Ron Hubbard. Death Watch didn't even follow all these rules. Pre Viszla took his helmet off all the time. Tons of Mandalorians literally saw Sabine hand Bo-Katan the Darksaber, and they all cheered. "But Bo-Katan said--" "Bo-Katan is a stupid bitch!"

• Like 1