DVDVR Message Board

THE SPOILERS OF BOBA FETT

Eivion

It seems every week they switch off between a shorter episode and a longer episode. This episode was more or less the ideal length I think we should get. It bugs me when we are getting episodes under 40 minutes. This is a premium streaming series.

This was easily my favorite episode of the season so far, and I think the show has gotten better as it goes along.

I like that Boba Fett has gone through this change of sort of casting off his old habits. He's done taking orders and being the hunter. He wants to be the boss now. And he's trying to build his own clan and crime family so to speak.

The mod doctor stuff was amusing to me. It was like Boba Fett walked into a Blade Runner movie or Cyberpunk 2077 for a couple minutes. Not complaining, I thought it was well done. I feel like we've seen a bit of stuff like this between Luke's hand and stuff in the prequels and expanded media. Doing a mild cyberpunk homage in Star Wars makes sense IMO.

I like how Krrsantan's role has gotten gradually bigger. Carey Jones does such a good job with his performance. It reminds me of Kevin Peter Hall as the Predator. I mean you know exactly what the character is thinking and feeling just through his body language and physical performance alone.

Boba Fett still not the sharpest tool in the shed. Drop the SEISMIC CHARGE OR DOUBLE TAP BEFORE YOU stare down the sarlacc's gullet! Yeesh dude. You're lucky there Fennec was there to save you.You almost got swallowed by that monster again.

I like the Godfather dinner scene, but Boba Fett can now flex a little now that he has a rancor. Not sure he can trust the other crime lords, but Boba is at least smart enough to start building his forces.

• Like 1

I'm kinda wishing they'd pick an organized crime lane though.  Boba's using Daimyo, Bib Fortuna was a Majordomo, The Mayor has a Majordomo, Fennec I think was named Master Assassin but is acting as a Consignliere more than anything else, it's a little messy.

I’m just not enjoying this. I wish they would’ve kept Boba as a reoccurring guest character who acts as both an ally & antagonist to The Mandalorian, instead of whatever they are doing with him here. 

Probably going to look back at that back door pilot filled 2nd season of Mandalorian as a major misstep to these Star Wars tv shows. 

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

10 hours ago, Raziel said:

I'm kinda wishing they'd pick an organized crime lane though.  Boba's using Daimyo, Bib Fortuna was a Majordomo, The Mayor has a Majordomo, Fennec I think was named Master Assassin but is acting as a Consignliere more than anything else, it's a little messy.

Master Assassin was just Fennec's old job before joining Fett.

Thought the latest episode was solid. Was nice getting to see Boba's and Fennec's mindsets that led them to their current job choices. Fennec got to do a bunch of badass shit. And I'm dug Krrsantan scenes.

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

Man, I really love this series. It gives me hope that Ahsoka and Kenobi will both be good as well.

I recently rewatched Mando and Ahsoka’s debut was really great on a rewatch.  I’m really looking forward to both.

Edited by Ultimo Necro
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Craig H said:

Man, I really love this series. It gives me hope that Ahsoka and Kenobi will both be good as well.

Really hoping Ahsoka delves into the Chiss Ascendancy. I'd love for Ezra to have been missing so long because whatever they are facing out there was bad enough he was forced to team with Thrawn.

Very curious to see how Kenobi turns out. No Filoni/Favreau involvement yet will likely see a good chunk of it take place on Tatooine. 

• Like 1

Episode 5 was actually the next episode of the Mandalorian, and I'm ok with that. I like that Din isn't taking to the Dark Saber so easily and that he is clearly distracted by Grogu's absence. 

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Ultimo Necro said:

Gimme a series of “Pimp my spacecraft” where Mando and Repair lady fix up various spacecraft.  That whole section was oddly relaxing to watch!

Ha! I had the opposite reaction, unfortunately. I guess I don’t care what made up vehicles these characters are driving.

5 hours ago, Control said:

Ha! I had the opposite reaction, unfortunately. I guess I don’t care what made up vehicles these characters are driving.

My guilty pleasure is “fixer up” shows, so it kinda combined my 2 loves.

Short of having someone go in and fix up Mos Eisley Cantina I can’t think of how it could get more up my alley!

• Like 2

So many goofy little fanservice nods.  SPACECRAFT COMMISSIONED BY THE QUEEN OF NABOO HERSELF!  loooool

That last piece he needed for the ship, that long pipe looking thing, was the same part Han, Luke, and Leia used to keep the trash compactor from closing.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

So many goofy little fanservice nods.  SPACECRAFT COMMISSIONED BY THE QUEEN OF NABOO HERSELF!  loooool

That last piece he needed for the ship, that long pipe looking thing, was the same part Han, Luke, and Leia used to keep the trash compactor from closing.

That's what it looked like to me or at least that was my first thought.

Man, that Galactic Republic fighter is no match to the Razer Crest. It would be like sending your decently sized family SUV into the shop and getting a Vespa scooter as a loaner. 

At the same time, for Mando, it probably beats public transportation.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Matt D said:

The wife was aghast at the lack of relative living space. What if he had to stick both a bounty and Grogu in there with him at the same time?

National Lampoon's Vacation that shit and strap the bounty to the top of the ship.

• Haha 2