DVDVR Message Board

THE SPOILERS OF BOBA FETT

Eivion

On 1/6/2022 at 7:07 PM, J.T. said:

I have been pleasantly surprised by the lack of Traviss Fett in the Book of Boba Fett.

No.  Traviss Fett would've slaughtered the Banthas and rode off on the backs of the Raiders.  BECAUSE NO ONE CAN BEAT THE MANDALORIANS, NOT EVEN THE EVIL JEDI~!

God, I hate her Mandalorian Mary Sue bullshit  Boba Fett could fall backwards through a garbage chute and land in the arms of Mara Jade conveniently dressed in Leia's slave girl outfit.  She'd catch him with one arm naturally because Boba's whiskey on the rocks would be in her other hand.

Somewhere Traviss is fucking seething that not only does no one on Mos Espa gives a tuppeny fuck who Fett is and have zero fear of him, but that the Maori stuff she gave to the Mandorians in the Republic Commando books ended up going to the Tuskens.  

• Thanks 1

So..... when Boba Fett showed up on The Mandalorian, he says "I am not a Mandalorian". The armor he wears was his father's, Jango Fett's.  Boba's armor now predominately displays the image of the Mythosaur skull on the shoulder, which is the common symbol of Mandalorians, and was not there when Jango wore the armor. If Boba Fett says he is not a Mandalorian, why did he have the symbol put on his armor at some point? 

11 hours ago, MonteCarl said:

So..... when Boba Fett showed up on The Mandalorian, he says "I am not a Mandalorian". The armor he wears was his father's, Jango Fett's.  Boba's armor now predominately displays the image of the Mythosaur skull on the shoulder, which is the common symbol of Mandalorians, and was not there when Jango wore the armor. If Boba Fett says he is not a Mandalorian, why did he have the symbol put on his armor at some point? 

Boba later states he is genetically a Mandalorian which is why he was entitled to the armor to rebutt Bo Katan

James

3 hours ago, J.H. said:

Boba later states he is genetically a Mandalorian which is why he was entitled to the armor to rebutt Bo Katan

James

Well..... there isn't really a "genetic" Mandalorian.  He's genetically identical to Jango, who had the armor.  Now where he got it hasn't been established (and at least the Mandalorians that Obi-Wan ran into during the Clone Wars didn't count Jango as real, but he was a foundling (He was originally Death Watch, but so is Din, so it's possible that's where the confusion is?  I dunno).

At some point I'm sure Filoni will get around to it.

Good episode.  If the fact that it’s another table setting episode is something that might bother you?  You might not think so.  I’ll advise patience.

After 2 seasons of Mando and 3 episodes of this it would seem to me that the format of these shows is a television novel.  So all the meaty plot points and reveals will be weighted towards the end.  It’s no coincidence the eps are referred to as “chapters”.  

I laughed out loud when I saw Danny Trejo show up.  Because OF COURSE he did.  

I wasn’t blown away by the cyberkids speeder bikes.  But Boba continues to build his organization and they didn’t come across as worthless.

I was a bit surprised by the plot twist with the twins bowing out of the fight. One has to wonder if Disney ponied up to get Emilia Clarke to be the big baddie instead.  Which also (sort of) supports another big rumor of Han Solo showing up.  Bring it!!!

1 hour ago, J.H. said:

I got Danny Trejo (I mean this is directed by Robert Rodriguez after all) AND Stephen Root in the same damn episode. I'm good!

It shouldn’t be, but having grown up with the original Star Wars, it’s still a little weird to me to see recognizable actors in the Star Wars universe. Harrison Ford and Mark Hamill are always Han and Luke to me when I see them in other stuff, but now I’m like Milton! Machete! 

3 hours ago, Brandon Bones said:

I was a bit surprised by the plot twist with the twins bowing out of the fight. One has to wonder if Disney ponied up to get Emilia Clarke to be the big baddie instead.  Which also (sort of) supports another big rumor of Han Solo showing up.  Bring it!!!

I mean, it's not like she's really doing much of anything after GoT ended and the Mouse already has her in Secret Invasion.

• Like 2

It was nice to get an episode mostly focused on the present. I like how Fett continues to build up his organization. The fight with Krrsantan was fun. Its always good to see Danny Trejo. I like him being the rancor trainer/caretaker. And I like how all of this seems to be leading to some sort of crime war for Tatooine. 

• Like 1

I don’t know if it was on purpose but that hover bike chase had serious Back to the Future Pt 2 Hoverboard chase vibes.

Krrsantan is badass and I’d like subscribe to his newsletter.

Some Rancor exposition was great. Now I feel really bad for the crying Rancor handler in RoTJ.  

• Like 1

Wife was not on board with the color coded bikes and thought they were Power Rangers-esque. 

It’s funny how far from the “kewl” version of Fett, he is here. It’s the diametric opposite of the end of Rogue One. 

I’m hoping for Crimson Dawn too at this point. 

12 hours ago, Matt D said:

I’m hoping for Crimson Dawn too at this point. 

I saw a vid on youtube that actually explains why the Hutts likely didn't take over Jabba's territory already. Its likely the Crimson Dawn's fault as actions a Hutt member of their group  pissed off Vader enough for him take out the entire Hutt council save Jabba who was off on Tatooine. Infighting for control likely hasn't ceased. I want to say they even referenced fighting in Hutt space as to why Fett didn't expect the Twins to pop up. Not sure any of this gets referenced even if its accurate.

I'd be surprised if we see the Crimson Dawn beyond a references. Pretty sure they are dead as a group by this point as the current stuff in the comics pits them as directs enemies of the Empire from what I understand. Only members who are still alive during this time period for sure are the Knights of Ren.

Edited by Eivion

I'm not digging the bike gang, but Boba needs muscle and it looks like he's using the cast out and looked down on, the underdogs, as his power so I'm ok so far.  

I absolutely loved Boba being all super excited about having a pet Rancor.  

I think what's surprised me the most with the show so far is that they didn't go for a big frontloaded Baby Yoda type reveal. Maybe they thought the name brand of Fett and the momentum from the Mandalorian would be able to carry things.

Fennec Shand is only a problem in as her first appearance had her as significantly more edgy and interesting and they never compellingly developed her to the point where you wonder why she changed so much.

Is there a history of the word daimyo in Star Wars? I get this is leaning into the Japanese influences but it feels a bit in bad taste in 2022.

On 1/12/2022 at 6:01 PM, Ultimo Necro said:

I don’t know if it was on purpose but that hover bike chase had serious Back to the Future Pt 2 Hoverboard chase vibes.

I thought the same thing! Well, that, and that gang reminded me of the Neutrinos from Ninja Turtles.

• Like 1

No, Book of Fett is pretty much the first time I've heard it used in SW (it might be in some of the newer books, but I haven't read any new canon stuff outside of the Thrawn stuff).  Also the first time they've inferred that Jabba only controlled Mos Espa and not the whole planet (which is odd since Jabba approaches and threatens Han in person is Episode IV in Mos Eisley. ) as Jabba techincally controlled half the outer Rim.

• Thanks 1

BTW, it might be too silly, but I would love it if we could get this used in an episode:

Even an instrumental version because . Use it for a montage of the various shit Fett's gang/syndicate is doing or something.

Anyway. I'm really digging this series and how vulnerable Boba is. Dude is getting his ass kicked every episode like he's Benjamin Linus. It did feel like Krrsantan went a little light on Fett. He looked like he should have ripped Fett's arms off and beaten him to death with them.

I doubt that's the last we see of the twins, but I also wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.

Other random thoughts about the punks Fett hires...I'm not sure why a speeder bike or any vehicle for that matter would need 8 or so side view mirrors, but whatever. They also gave me some vibes of the dorks Palpatine hires to show Vader he's replaceable.

Guessing at some point we get a Darth Maul tease unless Maul would be dead by this point. I didn't watch any of the Star Wars animated shows.

Just now, Craig H said:

Guessing at some point we get a Darth Maul tease unless Maul would be dead by this point. I didn't watch any of the Star Wars animated shows

Yeah. Maul's long been dead at this point.

6 hours ago, Craig H said:

It did feel like Krrsantan went a little light on Fett. He looked like he should have ripped Fett's arms off and beaten him to death with them.

The two probably ran across each other a few times working for Jabba and Vader so there might be some modicum of respect between them.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2022 at 8:12 AM, Raziel said:

Well..... there isn't really a "genetic" Mandalorian.  He's genetically identical to Jango, who had the armor.  Now where he got it hasn't been established (and at least the Mandalorians that Obi-Wan ran into during the Clone Wars didn't count Jango as real, but he was a foundling (He was originally Death Watch, but so is Din, so it's possible that's where the confusion is?  I dunno).

At some point I'm sure Filoni will get around to it.

It's mild retconning. Boba Fett's armor is supposed to be the same as Jango's when it clearly is different. Keep in mind this is a backstory they've fleshed out for Boba Fett decades later after the fact.