DVDVR Message Board

THE SPOILERS OF BOBA FETT

Eivion

Caught the first episode of Book of Boba Fett. Was not quite what I was expecting with a good half actually focusing on the time Fett's immediate time post ROTJ. I like the chemistry between Fett and Shand so far. Not sure how I feel about the rest though I do like seeing more o how the Tusken Raiders work.

An interesting start.  

Every new show has a lot of table setting work to do.  This did what it needed to do as far as explaining the past and driving towards it future.

As much fun as it was to see the ROTJ stuff.  It’s hard to say if this show is going to be any good going forward based solely off this episode.  

Fortunately, I’ve got faith in Fave and RobRod to pull it off.  

Hey!  Grey sand pumpkins have water.  Who knew?

• Like 2

On 12/29/2021 at 9:05 AM, Raziel said:

I'm just stoked that they did a Boba Fett show where he's NOT invincible.

I have never read the Traviss books that anger JT so much, but I do like that they are keeping this up like they did in the Mandalorian. Fett is a bit more badass than Din, but  neither are the Terminator save against the lowliest of foes. And even that is only with their best gear on hand.

Edited by Eivion
  • Haha 1

Don't read the Traviss books.  Had this been Traviss Fett, he would've pulled the Sarlacc out of the pit with one hand after escaping (right after the barge blew up), Never lost his armor, slaughtered all the Raiders and rode off on the backs of their Banthas, the Mayor of Mos Espa would've shit his pants at the mention of his name and send all the money over, and Fett would've lit up those dudes jumping him, without needing the Bodyguards or Shan, only needing his thumbs.  

Actually, the parkour crew would've ran pissing themselves at the mere thought of jumping Boba Fett.

• Haha 2

Boba Fett still sucks as a fighter ? 

Well the near 40-year debate is finally over. Probably my favorite thing about the episode, besides Ludwig Goransson's music.

My main issue, episode was too short and ended rather abruptly. A lot of these Disney+ episodes are running rather short.

Edited by TheVileOne

It's Favs and Filoni, trying to keep it serialized because they are kindaLucas fanboys. I have no problem with the runtimes personally but  definitely feel D+ should hae dropped 2 episodes in this case given the hype

James

23 hours ago, Raziel said:

Don't read the Traviss books.  Had this been Traviss Fett, he would've pulled the Sarlacc out of the pit with one hand after escaping (right after the barge blew up), Never lost his armor, slaughtered all the Raiders and rode off on the backs of their Banthas, the Mayor of Mos Espa would've shit his pants at the mention of his name and send all the money over, and Fett would've lit up those dudes jumping him, without needing the Bodyguards or Shan, only needing his thumbs.  

Actually, the parkour crew would've ran pissing themselves at the mere thought of jumping Boba Fett.

Traviss Fett sounds like his cousin who has a landspeeder up on blocks and has to work under the table because he owes thousands of credits in back child support.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Dug episode 2 a good bit. Was nice seeing Fett acclimate to Tusken culture and get more hints of just what is going on current times. As a comic reader seeing a certain wookie bounty hunter show up was super surprising and filled me with glee.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Raziel said:

Ok, after getting an amazing deep dive in to Tusken's, we really need to see one unmasked before this Season ends.

I'm guessing we see the one who trained Boba unmask before it ends.

I wonder how well these Star Wars tv series play with super casual fans.  I’ve seen the movies, read some of the early Zayn books, have watched Clone Wars, Rebels, Bad Batch, etc…; and am vaguely aware of the comics, and even I’m like “Am I supposed to know who tf [insert any character the camera lingers on] is?”

I think I like this show, but I’m honestly not sure. The flashbacks are better than the present stuff at the moment.

1 hour ago, JonnyLaw said:

I wonder how well these Star Wars tv series play with super casual fans.  I’ve seen the movies, read some of the early Zayn books, have watched Clone Wars, Rebels, Bad Batch, etc…; and am vaguely aware of the comics, and even I’m like “Am I supposed to know who tf [insert any character the camera lingers on] is?”

I think I like this show, but I’m honestly not sure. The flashbacks are better than the present stuff at the moment.

The present stuff has really only been shown in bits so far, and most of the characters are new.

1 hour ago, Lawful Metal said:

why do you need permission to kill a Hutt?

I always assumed they were one of the great powers of the galaxy. Neither the Empire or the Republic seemed to fuck with them too much and worked with them often enough.

I have been pleasantly surprised by the lack of Traviss Fett in the Book of Boba Fett.

On 12/29/2021 at 2:05 PM, Raziel said:

Never lost his armor, slaughtered all the Raiders and rode off on the backs of their Banthas, 

No.  Traviss Fett would've slaughtered the Banthas and rode off on the backs of the Raiders.  BECAUSE NO ONE CAN BEAT THE MANDALORIANS, NOT EVEN THE EVIL JEDI~!

God, I hate her Mandalorian Mary Sue bullshit  Boba Fett could fall backwards through a garbage chute and land in the arms of Mara Jade conveniently dressed in Leia's slave girl outfit.  She'd catch him with one arm naturally because Boba's whiskey on the rocks would be in her other hand.

Edited by J.T.

20 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Really dug Fett's vision quest, complete with Tusken Rave at the end.  Couldn't help but sing "Five to One" to that beat.  Is it canon now that "Sandpeople" is a derogatory term?

I think it is more that they are more commonly known as Tusken Raiders or Tuskens to everyone else in the galaxy and "Sand People" is the term used by the locals.

The fall of Fort Tusken is a well known historical event and some languages in the galaxy don't have a word for "sand" since not every habitable planet has sand.

• Like 2