DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2021 - WEEK 17

Dolfan in NYC

I don't care either way if Miami makes the WC, but in their seven wins only one was against a good/at regular strength opponent. But they still had to win the games so I give them credit for that. The next two weeks will really show if they are playoff caliber, if they manage to knock out NE in the process I certainly won't complain because if I have to hear one more time about how great Mac Jones is my brain may melt.

• Like 2

Bears on fans on Twitter all day yesterday: Today is the day that Matt Nagy gets fired!

Me: I highly doubt it, since Chicago has never fired a coach during the regular season.

Bears fans: Today is the day, just wait!

Matt Nagy: Yes I'll be coaching the last two games of the season.

• Haha 3

Just to make sure it is understood -since Wentz is unvaccinated, he is definitely out for Sunday.

Remember when coaches were basically begging their players to get vaxxed? This is why.

• Like 2

Tankathon Update

1. JACKSONVILLE (2-13, .522)

2. DETROIT (2-12-1, .531)

3. HOUSTON (4-11, .494)

4. NEW YORK JETS (4-11, .514)

5. NEW YORK GIANTS (4-11, .541)

6. NEW YORK JETS (From Seattle) (5-10, .510)

7. CAROLINA (5-10, .510)

8. NEW YORK GIANTS (From Chicago) (5-10, .516)

9. WASHINGTON (6-9, .533)

NOTES

- There are 5 teams currently at 7-8 (6 if you count the Steelers at 7-7-1) so I wasn't dealing with that nonsense

- Giants play at the Bears this week so they will both help and hurt their draft position no matter what

- Detroit plays at Seattle this week which is the other match-up of Top 9 teams

Jags will interview Doug Pederson and Jim Caldwell this week

They are also taking full advantage of the new rules and have requested permission from Tampa to interview Byron Leftwich and Todd Bowles, Dallas to interview Kellen Moore and Dan Quinn, Indy to interview Matt Eberflus and Green Bay to interview Nathaniel Hackett

• Like 1

It was a good thing that they were able to make the documentary and release it to give people an opportunity to appreciate him before he died. He retired in 2009 and really didn't spend a lot of time appearing on stuff over the last decade so some fans are probably too young to have really seen him as anything other than the name on a video game.

This all sorta ranks up there for someone kinda reemerging and then dying soon afterwards. Like if what happened with the Ultimate Warrior dying a day after being on live TV happened with someone who was unanimously popular in his field.

• Like 2

The NFL has announced that NFL Network will be airing John Madden: A Football Life and America's Game: 1976 Oakland Raiders starting at 8:30 PM Eastern (a little less than 45 minutes from now).

The All-Madden documentary that aired a few days ago on FOX will also be airing on Fox Sports 1 at 9:00 PM Eastern.

Edited by Gonzo

For the Chicago contingent, Jeff Dickerson, the local Bears Beat reporter, who was on ESPN 1000 passed away. Colon Cancer. His is a voice I'll always remember, trying to parse out the rubix cubic of logic that is the Chicago Bears football organization. Always professional with just slight hint of flabbergast-ed-nes.

• Sad 5