DVDVR Message Board

Thou Shalt Not Covet Thy Neighbor's Raw - 12/27/2021

Dolfan in NYC

So Grayson Waller is the 2021 version of when RAW was so low on talent because of COVID they made Shane Thorne and the poker player a regular team.   Although at least Waller is a top heel in NXT while the other 2 people were surprised they were still employed 

12 minutes ago, hammerva said:

So Grayson Waller is the 2021 version of when RAW was so low on talent because of COVID they made Shane Thorne and the poker player a regular team.   Although at least Waller is a top heel in NXT while the other 2 people were surprised they were still employed 

Someone on Twitter pointed out that Waller has yet to win a singles match in NXT, which is an odd way to book a guy like that.

Apparently that led to the switch of AJ as the heel vs. Omos to suddenly turning face mid-segment. I'm down for face AJ again and immediately started thinking it's time for him to be back near the top of the card again.

The "Broodbath" is so lame compared to the original Bloodbath. 

12 hours ago, Infinit said:

I read that Omos/AJ was pulled from RAW because management wasn't happy with their match on the MSG show.

I honestly don't know what level of a match they can have together, at this point, but I don't know what the hell was the management expecting out of them, realistically? The re-enactment of Chris Candido vs The Great Khali from Japan would be the best-case scenario, I suppose?

Edited by Shartnado
Typo

6 hours ago, Shartnado said:

I honestly don't know what level of a match they can have together, at this point, but I don't know what the hell was the management expecting out of them, realistically? 

LOl, according to Meltzer, one of the reasons Braun got released is that Omos & Commander Azeez are bigger and basically killed Braun's gimmick.  Supposedly, Vince's thinking is that you only need two giants, one per show.

Of course, whenever Dave said this, Alvarez would scream incredulously "But they're terrible!"  To which, Dave would just kinda shrug and say "Yep" quietly.  I dunno what they see in Omos that justifies the confidence.  Fun fact, neither Azeez nor Omos have had a singles match on the main roster or on WWE TV in general (both guys had a couple singles matches on NXT house shows).

I dunno what they're going to do with Omos once the AJ feud is finished.  Meltzer thinks they're going to speed through the feud and move both guys on to something else after Royal Rumble.  Guessing Waller is AJ's Wrestlemania feud?

Raw ratings have been going down for weeks but they went back up this week.

0.41 in the 18-49 demo.
1.592 million total.

Gonna have to put the World title on someone else and slap on some gimmick shows for ratings to go upwards. 

4 hours ago, Mark said:

I dunno what they see in Omos that justifies the confidence.  Fun fact, neither Azeez nor Omos have had a singles match on the main roster or on WWE TV in general (both guys had a couple singles matches on NXT house shows).

Omos has had a handful of singles on RAW (vs. Riddle twice, vs. Orton, Erik of the Vikings, and squashing John Morrison).

For whatever it's worth, Undertaker and Kevin Nash both have had praise for Omos with Taker saying he's "as close as they've come" to another Andre. 

5 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

Omos has had a handful of singles on RAW (vs. Riddle twice, vs. Orton, Erik of the Vikings, and squashing John Morrison).

For whatever it's worth, Undertaker and Kevin Nash both have had praise for Omos with Taker saying he's "as close as they've come" to another Andre. 

Lol, i even saw a couple of those matches.  Not sure where I got the idea he hadn’t had a singles match.  Thanks for correcting me.

I feel a little bad for Omos.  He’s supposedly a good guy and the story of how he got noticed and signed is a feel-good story.  But I have no desire to see him in the ring or on tv.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Never heard of that match yet now have a strange urge to see it...

Yeah, well if AJ could do for Omos what Candido did for Khali that day, then I guess it would be as good as it could get with those two. Great effort by Candido.

On 12/29/2021 at 12:44 PM, D.Z said:

Raw ratings have been going down for weeks but they went back up this week.

0.41 in the 18-49 demo.
1.592 million total.

Gonna have to put the World title on someone else and slap on some gimmick shows for ratings to go upwards. 

I cant tell if that's a joke, but let's pretend it isn't. It doesn't matter who the World Title is on as far as ratings go, right? Roman Reigns being champ is only part of why his segments draw on SD. It's the presentation of him as champion and the head of an Ass Kicking family.
I think we're past the days where " Who's the champ?" draws viewers.  

Edited by Johnny Sorrow
  • Haha 1