DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - HOLIDAY BASH - 12/25/21

Jungle Boy vs. Isiah Kassidy ?
Hook vs. Bear Bronson  ?
“Legit” Leyla Hirsch vs. Kris Statlander ?
TNT Championship Match: Sammy Guevara (c) vs. Cody Rhodes ?

I'm marking out for Legit Leyla and Bear Country on TV.

Also wanna see if Hook can toss a big man around.

Every one of those matches has the potential to steal the show, and all of them should be very good at the very least.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

• Like 5

The lights go off, a chorus of voices is heard, then...

Spotlight on a manger scene

Brandi is dressed as Mary. Dustin is Joseph. Arn, Malenko, and Lynn as the Three Wise Men. Fuego is a donkey.

Pyro goes off. Cody emerges from the manger inexplicably dressed as an adult Jesus with an American flag sash.

The crowd goes wild and Cody is never boo'ed again

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 12

I’d be fine with Cody beating Sammy to regain the belt.  I don’t love Cody’s meandering angle that may not be an angle at all but at least he’d be somewhat interesting with the title, which is more than I can say for Sammy’s “it takes me a few minutes to remember who’s the champ” reign.  Cody needs to win the title and dial up the arrogant shithead act about 175%.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

I I’d be fine with Cody beating Sammy to regain the belt.  I don’t love Cody’s meandering angle that may not be an angle at all but at least he’d be somewhat interesting with the title, which is more than I can say for Sammy’s “it takes me a few minutes to remember who’s the champ” reign.  Cody needs to win the title and dial up the arrogant shithead act about 175%.

It’s a bummer that the inner circle reuniting for Jericho’s feud with American Top Team really derailed his title reign.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

This closes the door on what was in my personal opinion TK’s first significant misstep as a booker: 1) Sammy being the least consequential title holder in company history and 2) the fact that Miro ever lost it in the first place 

I think Sammy being the guy to beat Miro does a lot more than Cody beating Miro, but yeah, it does feel like Miro could've gone another 3-6 months no problem before somebody was able to take advantage of the wonky neck and the accumulation of damage he'd received on it. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

Thus closes the chapter on what was in my personal opinion TK’s first significant misstep as a booker: 1) Sammy being the least consequential title holder in company history and 2) the fact that Miro ever lost it in the first place 

14 minutes ago, Dog said:

Counterpoint: If Miro never loses the title, we don't get promos about his vengeance on God.

Miro should have kept the TNT Championship longer and Eddie Kingston beating him for it.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Technico Support said:

I’d be fine with Cody beating Sammy to regain the belt.  I don’t love Cody’s meandering angle that may not be an angle at all but at least he’d be somewhat interesting with the title, which is more than I can say for Sammy’s “it takes me a few minutes to remember who’s the champ” reign.  Cody needs to win the title and dial up the arrogant shithead act about 175%.

CODY needs to fast track making two TNT title Rings like he did with the ROH Title to really amp up arrogant shithead act like you said. 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, John E. Dynamite said:

I'll be that guy. Two matches in and Hook's no-selling a Fire Thunder Driver from a guy twice his size. Already we're going from really organic and fun hype to dumb, forced stuff. This isn't Hook's bad, this is troubling booking. Hated it~

Yeah, I thought the match was really bizarre. Hook not selling for small guys is one thing but this felt like a total misfire to me. The way he sold the punches in the corner looked really bad as well. 

Main event was good, part of me feels bad for Sammy but the other part of me feels like he was given a chance to sink or swim and doesn’t quite have the promo ability and charisma to stand out beyond his (albeit amazing) athleticism yet, and needs more time to develop. Cody’s angle is pretty interesting to me, because it always has me wondering if they’re actually aware of how unlikeable some of the things he does are, but I’m like 90% sure that’s the point, and that they’re aware that it makes him a better heel if they insist on him being a good guy. It’s actually kinda groundbreaking and forward thinking of an angle if that’s the case. That entrance theme intro makes me cringe every time, it’s so absurdly drawn out and self indulgent for a show that always feels like they’re crunched for time.

• Like 2