DVDVR Message Board

Merry Christmas/Happy New Year.

The Natural

Wishing the DVDVR MB family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year in the testing circumstances we all find ourselves in with the coronavirus pandemic.

We have a great community here with shared interests, looking out for each other and offering support. I've been here since September 2005 and this is my favourite message board I've ever joined. Thanks for making it so.

Love, Paul xxx.

• Like 12

Happy Holidays, whichever one you celebrate!  If you don't celebrate any, like my Jehovah's Witness friends or whatever else, well enjoy your time anyway!  I'll echo @The Natural's sentiments that this is a good place to hang and I'm thankful for all you knuckleheads.  Been here (under a different name) since probably 1999 or something, when we had the green board that didn't even need a login.  Season's greetings and warmest wishes from mine to yours, buds.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, The Natural said:

2021 can get fucked. One of the worst years of my life, top three at least. Nearly over!

It did not start off great, but it ended on a pretty good note for me and my family.  I hope things are better for you in the new year, man.

Happy Holidays, everyone!

• Like 5

Merry Christmas, you filthy animals.  ?

All things considered the year's been pretty fine for us.  October still hurt a bit for my wife but unlike last year she's been full on in the Christmas spirt.  Here's hoping next year is even better.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

My Christmas story this year:

One of my students offered to give me a large parcel of unused land as a gift, but considering that I'd have to pay taxes on it and I don't have the funds to develop the land, I regretfully had to tell him, "I don't want a lot for Christmas."

Anyway, thanks for, in a very real way, helping me get through pandemic times. I'm quite sure I'm not the only one.

266583029_756081565350154_20034362741750

Edited by Gordlow
  • Like 4
  • Haha 5

34 minutes ago, Gordlow said:

My Christmas story this year:

One of my students offered to give me a large parcel of unused land as a gift, but considering that I'd have to pay taxes on it and I don't have the funds to develop the land, I regretfully had to tell him, "I don't want a lot for Christmas."

But did you sing it Mariah Carey style???

• Haha 2

Second straight year I haven't had to see relatives I don't actually like or involve myself with anyway, under the guise of the pandemic. Coincidentally, second straight year I've enjoyed Christmas. I spent some time with my mom, watched the Mariah All I Want For Christmas Is You video (new version), ate a fuckton of food, watched the Packers win, and Borderlands 3 dropped me a chest with 6/6 Legendary items. 

Good day.

• Like 4

Hope everyone is safe and having a good time. The abrupt and heavy snow fall gave us a few anxious moments on the road back home yesterday and our yard looked like we had been gone a month. I'm about to go out and continue and shovel and plow some more. Luckily this snow is about as light as it gets, since it's still somewhat cold outside.

• Like 4

First Christmas in 13 years without my ex. It's been fucking with my head a bit. My sister, brother in law, nephews and niece have all been great though. I'm pretty lucky to have a loving, supportive family.

• Like 7

For Christmas I got:

• AEW Logo Zip Hoodie. Wanted one for a while.
  • A blue jumper.
  • Batman presents including Batman coins and Batman: Curse of the White Knight.
  • Metallica CDs/DVDs.

The biggest present of all was getting the right size cardigan for my Sister, her loving it and pictures with my Dad/Sister. It's been many many years since we've done that on Christmas Day.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 5

I got a t-shirt from my older daughter that says "I Just Want To Drink Beer And Pet My Dog" (completely accurate!), my younger daughter gave me a coffee mug with Pigpen on it, and my wife got me two storage boxes for my tons of loose wrestling DVDs that I have laying around, and two of Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon books.

Hope everyone had a good day and nobody allowed themselves to get into a discussion of geopolitics with their dipshit uncle.

No crazed political talk, but we did have a close one. My sister in law back in NY came down with covid, so she's kinda freaking out since she was around so many people, including her dying Grandmother. Her best friend was telling her "It's not a big deal, it's probably just a cold and you're overreacting." my wife and I were half expecting to hear that she thinks all the covid tests are rigged to come up positive too. 

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

A friend of mine just dropped a couple grand and got close seats for Metallica in Frisco. I mean, I guess I get it (there are definitely bucket list bands I want to see still), but I wouldn't pay that much just to hear songs I had heard literally thousands of times. 

IIIIII saw them twice in one summer on their And Justice For All tour.  It cost much much less than a thousand dollars.

• Like 1