DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - HOLIDAY BASH - 12/22/2021

Maaaaan, that main event was good.  Sting is FIVE years older than ME and he did that dive.  Greatest dive by a guy over 60?  MJF and Punk not touching is Cornette level old school booking and it will be awesome when they finally lock-up.  Like the first time Danielson/Omega locked up level pop.  Griff Garrison took his assbeating like a man.  I felt so bad for Nyla Rose.  It almost took me out of the match.  Ruby Soho is getting the belt, hopefully in a great match against Thunder Rosa.  I don't think she can carry Jade Cargill.  So Adam Cole is the best wrestler in AEW?  Eh, maybe.  I'm stoked about the hard as hell faction of Cole/Fish/O'Reilly.  AEW makes me give a shit about guys I fast forwarded through on NXT.  

• Like 15

The Sting

52 minutes ago, The Natural said:

FHQmIc0XMAAgwH3?format=jpg&name=small

Great picture.

this is a picture we would see in the Apter mags in the 80s. It was perfect in so many ways. Beginning to wonder who pays for all of these tights? The FTR/MJF ring gear was just awesome too.  Amazing when Darby Allin who is certainly over in AEW takes a back seat...

• Like 11

18 minutes ago, DEAN said:

Maaaaan, that main event was good.  Sting is FIVE years older than ME and he did that dive.  Greatest dive by a guy over 60?  MJF and Punk not touching is Cornette level old school booking and it will be awesome when they finally lock-up.  Like the first time Danielson/Omega locked up level pop.  Griff Garrison took his assbeating like a man.  I felt so bad for Nyla Rose.  It almost took me out of the match.  Ruby Soho is getting the belt, hopefully in a great match against Thunder Rosa.  I don't think she can carry Jade Cargill.  So Adam Cole is the best wrestler in AEW?  Eh, maybe.  I'm stoked about the hard as hell faction of Cole/Fish/O'Reilly.  AEW makes me give a shit about guys I fast forwarded through on NXT.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, MoeCristyV.1.6 said:

One of the best things to come out from AEW, teaming up with the Owen Hart Foundation and celebrating Owen Hart. Both CM Punk and Bryan Danielson said the AEW Dynamite Brodie Lee Celebration of Life was a big reason why both signed with AEW. I'm thinking the same applies here. That was such an influential and perfect episode.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

In the back of my mind when they go to states like Texas or North Carolina I would worry about something like this happening.  To my pleasant surprise it hasn't happened until tonight though I didn't recall seeing him much longer after that match.  Hopefully they banned his dumb ass for good.

Greensboro itself is a great town for LGBT in general, shame this asshole had to help ruin the rep.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, DEAN said:

Brian Pillman Jr leans into it like a KING.

Black's been working that Volk Han heel hook into his matches, too. 

With as many shooter-y guys as AEW has more of them should be stealing RINGS submissions.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Cristobal said:

I choose to assume "emphatically" means "hard enough that he bounced twice"

I hope it means "we sent Cash Wheeler out to deal with him like he did the dude that bumrushed Bret Hart."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

First off, fuck that dork and his signs. I'm glad they kicked his ass out. Even if they weren't offensive, maybe have some consideration for the people behind you. 

Anyway, hell of a show. Just really awesome from top to bottom. Main event was bananas. I thought Sting got legit hurt, but then he fired up again and did a crazy dive to the outside. Sting is a mad man. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Black's been working that Volk Han heel hook into his matches, too. 

With as many shooter-y guys as AEW has more of them should be stealing RINGS submissions.

Garcia does the Volk Han Sharpshooter, which is totally awesome.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I've had an absolutely shitty year, especially the last couple months. CM Punk, Darby, and especially Sting made my goddamn day tonight. It's been really damn hard to smile lately, but you couldn't kick the grin off my face when they all came out. I laughed out loud and punched the air. I needed that, big time. 

Sting was my favorite when I was 9 and 10. It is so, soooo cool to see him getting this run and knocking it out of the damn park. I hope I'm that much of a maniac at 62.

Edited by southofheavy
  • Like 11