DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2021-22: PERIOD 2

RIPPA

In an example of what the NHL really cares about - the Canucks/Senators game Saturday was postponed because of British Columbia's attendance restriction. The NHL is hoping that if they wait to later in the season the restrictions will be eased.

The also postponed the Jan 15 game between the Senators and Jets for the same reason

Neither the Sens or Canucks has played since January 1

Vancouver hasn't hosted a game since Dec 14

1 minute ago, elizium said:

Similarly, the Jets looked into moving their home games to Saskatoon, because there are no seating capacity limits in Saskatchewan. As of now, that is not going to happen

I read that in my feed as the New York Jets, so for a minute I was like, "REALLY?"

1 hour ago, DEAN said:

I read that in my feed as the New York Jets, so for a minute I was like, "REALLY?"

That feels like if it happened, the US was openly declaring war on Canada

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DEAN said:

They already stole the Roughriders jerseys when they did their last redesign, they might as well take their province too

• Like 1

Edmonton appears to be interested in signing quality citizen Evander Kane. Ken Holland is a glorious gift that keeps on giving - now that he's thousands of miles away from Detroit ?

Edited by Tabe

I will put this here though it could go in other places too

Eric Staal has signed with the Iowa Wild on a "professional tryout agreement" basically so he can get some games in as the expectation is that Staal will be named to the Canadian Olympic team.

He is hoping to then parlay the Olympics into getting another deal with a NHL team

On 1/13/2022 at 12:45 AM, Tabe said:

Edmonton appears to be interested in signing quality citizen Evander Kane. Ken Holland is a glorious gift that keeps on giving - now that he's thousands of miles away from Detroit ?

15 minutes ago, sabremike said:

And that thread doesn't even really capture it. It ignores the long line of horrible drafts. But, man, it was painful reading that. 

Full list of games now scheduled during what was supposed to be the Olympic break

https://media.nhl.com/public/news/15413 (it is an all encompassing list for the entire season)

Feb 17 is the busiest day now with 10 games now scheduled

Since the Islanders and Senators have the most games to make up, they will be playing a lot. 7 games for the Islanders. 10 for the Senators

• Like 1

Just now, Death From Above said:

It's genuinely insane no serious changes have been made in the last month. 

I read that as "charges" at first and I was like "Yeah - I am a little surprised Edmonton fans haven't assaulted a member of the front office yet"

Seeing Shannon Hogan announcing it in the post game and fighting like hell to not just completely break down on air was just awful and painful to watch.