DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2021-22: PERIOD 2

RIPPA

The US forfeits their upcoming game against Switzerland in the World Juniors (yes, this is non-NHL, but the juniors are NHL-adjacent since it’s one of those “the stars of tomorrow…today!” things)

It was only their second game of the tournament, so that doesn’t bode well for it finishing 

But will he play "Lady of Spain" again?

Seriously, raise your hand if you had "organist from iconic 70s hockey movie scores organist job with NHL team 40+ years later" on your 2021 card. You fucking liar.

• Like 1

A story too unbelievable to be made up: Someone sitting behind the bench who's just starting medical school uses a smartphone to pass along a message to Vancouver's equipment manager that they have a concerning mole on their neck, turns out to actually be early stage cancer which was treated successfully due to early detection.

Buck wild.

• Like 2

Heard a similar story a couple years regarding a local newscaster somewhere. Viewer saw something, told the station, and they got an early cancer diagnosis. 

• Like 1

Nothing entertains me more than the NHL paying no attention to the weather of a region when selecting outdoor locations and then being pissed when said region has its usual weather (Warm in Vegas, Freezing in Minnesota, etc...)

It's all burning down in Edmonton. I don't have the energy to even break it all down but the Cliff Notes are:

- Every single person that warned me about Holland after his last few years in Detroit was right, he's a dinosaur the NHL has moved past

- Tippett is exactly what I thought he was tactically, but I didn't know before he was here what a ridiculously stubborn fool he is about not abandoning bad players

- We have 600 year old Mike Smith and Mikko Koskinen again next year

- Suggestion: The Duncan Keith Disappear Forever You Jabroni Challenge

- As I've said at least one coach before, maybe two? I can't even remember anymore. Nothing will really get fixed as long as Bob Nicholson and the old boys run the show

Time is a flat circle.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Death From Above said:

It's all burning down in Edmonton. I don't have the energy to even break it all down but the Cliff Notes are:

- Every single person that warned me about Holland after his last few years in Detroit was right, he's a dinosaur the NHL has moved past

As I said at the time, thanks for taking Holland off our hands and allowing us to have Stevie Y instead.  And another round of thanks for taking Andreas Athanasiou off our hands AND giving us Sam Gagner AND a pair of 2nd round picks for him.  Hope those 9 games were worth it, BWAHAHAHA!

• Haha 1