DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2.0 - 12/21/2021

Dolfan in NYC

That Raquel Gonzalez street fight was the best ladies match of the NXTdark Wrestle BLOKK.  The Io Shirai match was the third best, behind the Red Velvet/La Rosa Negra match.

Dakota Kai probably has the worst hair in WWE.

Think about how much ground that covers.

Winder if AJ-Waller is a WM feud?  Supposedly WWE wants to burn through the AJ-Omos feud by Royal Rumble because they have other plans for both guys come WM season.

Grayson's "legend killer" act is alright, but I'm not really sold on him and we've seen this angle done better many times now.

Kai/Dakota was good. Only thing missing was blood as usual. I'm good with a triple threat between Raquel, Cora, and Mandy.

Creed Bros. vs. GYV was nice while it lasted.

Io/Elektra was decent. The earlier segment with Legado amused me a little. 

The Bron/Ciampa segment at the beginning was decent. As much as they want to present Ciampa as a heel they should know already he ain't getting booed. It the match is good people will either cheer Bron or boo a bit anyways, but they will almost certainly move on by the time we hit the next episode or two of NXT.

Trick/Dexter was alright. 

Not sure why AJ popped up. Waller is solid, but he was basically the least charismatic of the 2.0 guys in War Games. Not sure this push for him will work out though it won't be from a lack of trying.

Dunne vs. Tony D was far better than expected. 

Hayes vs. Strong should be good. A part of me is going to miss the cruiserweight belt. If they do merge the titles I hope Hayes carries both around as a double crown. It will push his A-champ stuff a lot stronger.

Think I'll probably watch New Year's Evil to see if they actually put the belt on Bron and then drop NXT for the time being.  Nothing on the shows really holds my interest and even the "good" acts don't do much for me.  The Steiner kid has potential, but I'm not as high on him as a lot of people.  I'm completely apathetic to anything involving Mandy.  Most of the matches are what you'd expect from a bunch of green recruits working in developmental.  

For segments that don't take up much time, the MSK skits sure seem to go on forever.  

11 hours ago, Peck said:

Tony D'Angelo recovered from his broken/dislocated fingers in 3 1/2 minutes. Magic, I tell ya. 

So fucking stupid. Another move/trope that completely needs erased from wrestling(all companies)

When this comes up, I always refer to the PAC vs WALTER match from OTT Wrestling, where PAC landed wrong, his index finger was bent 90 degrees sideways, for real, and he just pulled it back into place and continued the match for another 20 minutes. Never had any issue with Dunne finger bend after that. If you are enough of a bad ass, a dislocated finger is just an inconvenience. The problem is, only Tyler Bate and Alesteir Black have ever remembered to "pull the finger back into place" in order to get the hand working again. It's not the move, it's the incoherent selling of the move that is the problem.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Shartnado said:

When this comes up, I always refer to the PAC vs WALTER match from OTT Wrestling, where PAC landed wrong, his index finger was bent 90 degrees sideways, for real, and he just pulled it back into place and continued the match for another 20 minutes. Never had any issue with Dunne finger bend after that. If you are enough of a bad ass, a dislocated finger is just an inconvenience. The problem is, only Tyler Bate and Alesteir Black have ever remembered to "pull the finger back into place" in order to get the hand working again. It's not the move, it's the incoherent selling of the move that is the problem.

Well, it's also the fact that, how is using it supposed to help you win the match? Like if the finish is that you reverse out of an attempted German Suplex because they can't lock their hands, then OK. But it never does play into any finishes ever. It seems to just be something that's done so that Dunne or Scurrll can make a mean face and act like a dick about things. So it's just an eye poke or a low blow, that makes less sense.

4 hours ago, AxB said:

Well, it's also the fact that, how is using it supposed to help you win the match? Like if the finish is that you reverse out of an attempted German Suplex because they can't lock their hands, then OK. But it never does play into any finishes ever. It seems to just be something that's done so that Dunne or Scurrll can make a mean face and act like a dick about things. So it's just an eye poke or a low blow, that makes less sense.

Dunne uses it to makes escapes regularly and has used it as part of a submission finish as well.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1