DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - WINTER 2022

Dolfan in NYC

With the UK sanctioning Roman Abramovich, Chelsea has been "thrown into chaos"

At the moment - any sale can't happen

From the ESPN story

What the sanctions mean:

- Chelsea cannot sell any home match tickets, although season tickets and other tickets bought before March 10 will be valid. This means there will be no away fans at Chelsea matches for any games that have not yet gone on sale.

- The club can pay the wages of all players and staff.

- Travel costs for away games limited to a maximum of £20,000.

- Cost of home games for security, catering and stewarding capped at £500,000 per game.

- Payments to and from other clubs for transfers and loans agreed before March 10 can still be made.

- Broadcasters can show Chelsea games and pay revenues, but these funds must be frozen.

- Third parties who have club merchandise can sell existing stock, but the proceeds cannot be paid to the club.

"Regarding the day-to-day-running of the club, Britain's minister for sport, Nadine Dorries, confirmed the government have issued a special licence to allow the club to continue to play fixtures, pay staff and enable season-ticket holders to attend matches. This licence will be kept under review and expires on May 31.

As much as I've been on "Getting CR7 wasn't going to magically solve United's problems", I can't imagine how fucking awful this team would've been this year without him.

17 minutes ago, Raziel said:

As much as I've been on "Getting CR7 wasn't going to magically solve United's problems", I can't imagine how fucking awful this team would've been this year without him.

That might depend on if you believe that without him, Ole would have played a more logical formation which allowed Sancho and Rashford more freedom.

On 3/12/2022 at 11:01 AM, Raziel said:

For sale: One shit captain.

One can only imagine this is in reference to the £80m refrigerator. 

Newcastle in desperation mode with Directors looking to bleed them of every £ They could spent £5m less on their defense and picked up 3 starters between Trippier, Burn, and the Loan / Future Transfer agreement for Targett.