DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2021 - WEEK 16

Dolfan in NYC

It's a weird time when there's still games left to be played but the next week begins the day after tomorrow.  

Anyway, SIX IN A ROW BABY!   7-7!  

I'm picturing this is the Dolphins locker room, only they're revealing a picture of Stephen Ross:

major-league.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Two other bits of news: 

Chris Godwin tore his ACL and is done for the year.   (RIP to my fantasy semifinal chances)

The NY Times Upshot has an interactive playoff picture generator you can play with while pretending to finish that spreadsheet you promised your boss before Christmas:  https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/upshot/nfl-playoff-picture.html

Joey Bosa tested positive for COVID and is out for Sunday (Because Bosa is unvaccinated)

Travis Kelce also tested positive. He is vaccinated so he has a chance of being eligible for Sunday's game

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32822007/inside-dysfunctional-decade-new-york-jets-giants-football-went-wrong-next

Since 2012, the two teams have combined for 16 losing seasons and one playoff berth. The Giants were a wild-card team in 2016, the last whiff of success for either team.

Since then, they've been the two worst teams in the NFL -- a combined 43-113 (.276 winning percentage).

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

JR is so thankful he was on bye

I got massively saved by being on bye this week, I'm not sure I'm going to score 60 points in a league where 120-140 is usual winning amount.

12 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Joey Bosa tested positive for COVID and is out for Sunday (Because Bosa is unvaccinated)

Travis Kelce also tested positive. He is vaccinated so he has a chance of being eligible for Sunday's game

And speaking of unvaccinated....

• Like 1

And to update further on that - Beasley went on to rant that it was “the rules” not COVID that was making him miss the game because - yes he did test positive but the NFL is letting vaccinated players who are positive “play all the time”. Basically the usual - it is unfair there are different rules for the unvaccinated.

And also said he has teammates in the hospital due to COVID and no one had any fucking clue what he meant there.

Darnold will be interesting this offseason. It will be expensive for Carolina to move on from him. Doesn't mean they won't do it, but unless they have another legit starter (likely via Free Agency) I could see them spinning up an excuse to keep him another year. Sounds like a situation for Fitzmagic.

On 12/22/2021 at 5:09 PM, Tabe said:

Remember when Darnold was averaging over 24 pts a game and nearly 300 yards passing per game?  Yeah, me neither.

DJ Moore owners did for about a month 

At this point the Jets could get a brand new team and I am not sure it would make a difference.  Hell maybe an improvement 

• Like 1