DVDVR Message Board

Raw Must KOexist - 12/20/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Miz cutting a promo for Omos was an interesting choice.  I'm guessing Omos isn't much of a talker?  Or they don't trust him to talk?

Maybe he'll prove me wrong, but I don't see his singles push going well.

Miz getting booed for saying he loved his wife was amusing.  Tough crowd. 

1 minute ago, Mark said:

Miz cutting a promo for Omos was an interesting choice.  I'm guessing Omos isn't much of a talker?  Or they don't trust him to talk?

Maybe he'll prove me wrong, but I don't see his singles push going well.

Miz getting booed for saying he loved his wife was amusing.  Tough crowd. 

It's no Brian Pillman getting people to boo Prayer, but I'll take it.

Bianca/Doudrop was good once again and deserved to be a ppv match.

Styles/Omos breaking up is an odd case of feels too early but not much else for them do either. They should have worked a little harder on developing Omos more because I'm not sure anyone knows who to cheer in this one.

What I caught of Finn/Theory seemed solid.

Lashley turning face was out of nowhere and odd, even more so because it somehow worked with the audience loving him.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Bianca/Doudrop was good once again and deserved to be a ppv match.

Styles/Omos breaking up is an odd case of feels too early but not much else for them do either. They should have worked a little harder on developing Omos more because I'm not sure anyone knows who to cheer in this one.

What I caught of Finn/Theory seemed solid.

Lashley turning face was out of nowhere and odd, even more so because it somehow worked with the audience loving him.

Thinking about Dave mentioning how AEW is clearly taking it's time building to the Wardlow turn and letting a long term storyline play out whereas if it was WWE the whole thing would've been done in a few weeks.

Liv's promo wasn't bad, but I can't get behind the babyface blaming the dastardly heel for a sneak attack the babyface perpetuated.  I guess we should be glad Liv at least went to Becky's gym to get her revenge instead of politely waiting until the next tv taping as it customary.

Definitely seems like they're set to put the belt on Liv at Day One.   I don't think she's ready for the spot, but I don't know what else they do unless they want to give Becky the two-year "Roman reign".  No one on Raw seems near Becky's level.  Bianca had some promise, but she just feuded with Becky and seems to have cooled off quite a bit.  Jobbing her incessantly to Becky in their best of 99 series might have had something to do with that.

My prediction: Liv wins the belt at Day One, Becky regains in at the Royal Rumble.  They bring in someone for Becky to face at WrestleMania.  Probably Asuka, Bayley, or Alexa, though a part-timer wouldn't be a terrible idea.  Ronda Rousey?  I really hope they just turn Becky if they bring Bayley back to Raw.  Bayley's heel character is a lot of fun.