DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 12/24/21

victor

This is what they taped for Christmas eve.

After this week’s WWE Friday Night SmackDown episode was done airing on FOX, WWE taped matches and segments for next week’s episode (December 24) from Chicago, Illinois at the Allstate Arena. Here are the spoilers:

Spoiler

Sami Zayn won the 12 Days of Christmas Gauntlet Match to become the new #1 contender to WWE Intercontinental Champion Shinsuke Nakamura, who was on commentary for the match. Zayn last eliminated Ricochet to win. The other participants were Drew Gulak, Mansoor, Erik, Ivar, Shanky, Jinder Mahal, Sheamus, Cesaro, Angel, and Humberto. Zayn will challenge Nakamura at WWE Day 1

SmackDown Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair retained the title over Toni Storm by pinfall

The New Day and Drew McIntyre defeated Madcap Moss and SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Usos in a Miracle on 34th Street Fight. The finish saw McIntyre pin Moss after a Claymore

1 minute ago, GodzillaPerez said:

It's funny that their mindset seems to be "No one will be watching, put on actual wrestling." Hope Gulak gets more than a minute.

Gulak's minute of ring time will add to the 24 previous minutes of wrestling that are most likely on this two hour show.

5 minutes ago, Casey said:

Gulak's minute of ring time will add to the 24 previous minutes of wrestling that are most likely on this two hour show.

So double the usual.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

The only question I have is, is Shinsuke getting to actually speak English or is this just more of that Tajiri bullshit. Because obviously I haven't been watching all that close.

He isn't Tozawa fluent but he is fluent in English. Still not sure I would trust him on commentary so I'm guessing he only says so much.

• Dolfan in NYC changed the title to Smackdown Spoilers for 12/24/21
9 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

The only question I have is, is Shinsuke getting to actually speak English or is this just more of that Tajiri bullshit. Because obviously I haven't been watching all that close.

A couple of years ago, Meltzer claimed that Nak’s English was much better than it seemed on tv.  Dave thought Shinsuke was intentionally downplaying how well he spoke English.  

25 minutes ago, Mark said:

A couple of years ago, Meltzer claimed that Nak’s English was much better than it seemed on tv.  Dave thought Shinsuke was intentionally downplaying how well he spoke English.  

• Like 3

That Charlotte Flair/Toni Storm match was pretty good.  They kept teasing Storm's finisher so I thought they were JAKKING AEW HOUSE STYLE!  But then Flair wins with a pinfall.  Subversive.

I watched this for the first time I’ve watched a main WWE show since the Bret Hart RAW I think. I don’t think I’d ever watched a Smackdown being a WCW fan who didn’t get UPN. I’d probably watch now but I usually work Friday nights.

The Paul Heyman angle looked pretty good. My heart jumped a little when I seen the WCW footage. 

What I really couldn’t believe was the technology lol! One guy’s entrance cost more than an hour’s worth of TV that I grew up watching on Sundays.