DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - WINTER IS COMING - 12/15/2021

If Andrade and Charlotte breaking up is a reason why Charlotte isn't going to AEW soon, then Bayley and Aaron Solo breaking up is a reason Bayley isn't going to AEW soon.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AxB said:

If Andrade and Charlotte breaking up is a reason why Charlotte isn't going to AEW soon, then Bayley and Aaron Solo breaking up is a reason Bayley isn't going to AEW soon.

If it takes TK longer than 15 seconds to figure out which of those two is the more necessary, then he's not the booker I think he is...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, AxB said:

Psssssh, like Solo is gonna be around once his contract is up...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BobbyWhioux said:

Bayley is absolutely the one person left I most want to see AEW raid from WWE.

You know what’s fun about Hangman vs Dragon? We don’t know. Because AEW is still too relatively new for us to know their booking philosophy inside and out. We kinda think we know now, but we’re not sure. Personally I think Danielson can better survive a loss right now than Page, so that’s what I sorta expect. But I don’t have the cynical certainty that comes from knowing the formula after decades of observation. Which is nice!

AEWs booking of their Women division doesn't make me want any of the horsewomen make the jump. Although I do think Khan would probably book the division much better. The one thing that WWE is more consistent than any other company is featuring the woman as prominently on all three brands. Even if the booking sucks at least you get more than one Women's match with enough time for the Women to have enough time to have a decent match.

I'm as big of a Dragon mark as any so I understand why some of you would like to see him win, it wouldn't shock me if he does win but hearing Khan talk about how Page winning the title was built up since the start, I don't think he should lose it yet.  I think they've done a good job at making us feel like things could go in many possible direction as far as the World title. WWE with the main titles it's either to predictable or Unpredictable in a bad way because you know Vince can never settle on a decision.

Bryan look to be just as good as he's ever been and I don't see him slowing down any time soon. I see him having an ROH type World title run in AEW

Yeah, I think that's the third match from AEW this year you could pretty comfortably give a full 5er. Wow.

Everything hit. Gotta nice Wardlow smesh and two other very good matches in addition to the classic world title match. The Ryback line was sick.

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, The Natural said:

FGseqCuXsAMxdg_?format=jpg&name=small

FGsb_roXwAYdL7A?format=jpg&name=large

Adam Page vs. Bryan Danielson. The longest AEW match, a one hour draw. One of the best matches in AEW history. *****.

You are gonna have to make some room on your "Greatest AEW Matches" thread, my friend. That was amazing. Had me hooked right up until the final bell. Puts Page up there with classic NWA champs like Brisco, Funk, Race... with guys like Ric, Baba, Nagata, Fujinami etc etc among the "guys with great 60-minute title defenses" pantheon. 

Rest of the show seemed pretty damned good, but to be honest I was spent after watching that.

And, after all of our speculation, I don't think there can be much doubt that they made the right call here, going 60. 

Edited by Gordlow
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Oh yeah, i will not let it go without comment: Hangmin's titties were lookin' real jacked tonight bb. He's been hitting the bench with the extra time off the last month.

Edited by Jiji
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

2 minutes ago, Gordlow said:

You are gonna have to make some room on your "Greatest AEW Matches" thread, my friend. That was amazing. Had me hooked right up until the final bell. Puts Page up there with Brisco, Funk, Race, Ric, etc among the "guys with great 60-minute title defenses" pantheon. 

Definitely, my friend. Best AEW Matches Ever is due an update. Be great to see your choices. Ditto for y'all.

Eight people had a match tonight. More people will be featured in one match on Rampage. I guess when you've got the premiere worker of a generation on the roster that really isn't an issue. But enough about Serena Deeb.

I am humbled to be given matches like the opener on free TV. I am thankful for it. HOWEVER... I think this was a really good opportunity to anoint Page as legit and a win over Danielson in Minute 59 would have been an excellent way to do it. They're conditioning the fanbase to know draws can actually happen (good!), but only if Kenny or Danielson are involved (less good).

Nice shirt, Phil.

Dude BRODY FUCKIN' KING is gonna roll with Malakai Black!

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, John E. Dynamite said:

Eight people had a match tonight. When you've got the premiere worker of a generation on the roster that really isn't an issue. But enough about Serena Deeb.

Nice shirt, Phil.

Dude BRODY FUCKIN' KING is gonna roll with Malakai Black!

Is that what that was, Brody King? If so, RAD... But Black and Swerve Strickland also hinted recently at a relationship. Maybe add Ember Moon... 

7 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

Five star match. I might be most impressed by the ten star cardio. That's insane - Hangman's had, what, a small handful of matches since his paternity leave and has the tank to go a full 60? Damn.

He just hasn't really had any long single matches period. I scrolled back on cagematch to mid-2017 and the 25 minute match against Omega is an outlier. The vast, vast majority of his singles matches have been 7-15 minutes long. Since my stopping point of August 2017 (match times are not as regularly recorded past that), I could only see 6 singles matches that went over 20 minutes and none hit 30. Impressive showing from Hangman.

• Like 4

Bryan Danielson is the 2021 Wrestler of the Year even missing nearly five months, that's insane:

• Daniel Bryan vs. Roman Reigns vs. Edge at WrestleMania XXXVI. ****1/4.
  • Daniel Bryan's last WWE match vs. Roman Reigns on Smackdown Live. ****3/4.
  • Bryan Danielson vs. Kenny Omega. Dynamite, 22nd September 2021. *****. My MOTY.
  • Bryan Danielson vs. Minoru Suzuki. AEW The Buy In: Rampage. 15th October 2021. *****.
  • Bryan Danielson vs. Eddie Kingston. AEW Rampage, 29th October. ****3/4.
  • Bryan Danielson vs. Adam Page. AEW Winter is Coming Dynamite, 15th December. *****.
  • Like 5

While I love the idea of more matches going to the draw, where do you go from here with Bryan v Page if not an immediate rematch?

Page sending Bryan to the 'back of the line' would look heelish, while Bryan doing anything but fighting for the title would feel like filler until he gets his rematch. I'd love them to announce an immediate rematch booked for New Year's Smash, maybe with a "No Time Limit" stipulation, that would see Page make that cover at the end and put a stamp on this.

God Damn if Bryan Danielson isn't the greatest professional wrestler of the last 20 years though. What an absolute machine he is. Page kept with him pretty much the whole way through as well.

17 million stars!

• Like 3