DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2021 - WEEK 15

Dolfan in NYC

Okay - it now appears via multiple reports - that the NFL is planning on moving three games

Raiders at Browns (which is Saturday)

Washington at Philly

Seahawks at Rams

The big issue has become - not only the high volume of cases a team in each of those games is having but that its Friday and they are still having new people test positive

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Of course - the unsaid part that I think fans forget is that now (especially the teams playing on Tuesday) have short weeks going into Week 16

For Example

I don't disagree with them but what can the NFL do? They care about making money and teams being as complete as possible. The only real exceptions last year I can think of were when the NFL deemed that teams had broken protocol and thus they cared less, but in this case so far there isn't any evidence that teams did anything wrong. COVID is just a bitch, 20 Raiders could get it by Monday, its not really any team's place to act superior just because they are lucky so far.

It does suck though, both for fans that were going live (imagine having plane tickets and hotel rooms for Sunday and suddenly the game is Tuesday) and for the opposing team. The Bills got screwed by it last year so I definitely get it. It would be nice if the NFL found some way to make it easier for the teams without the positive tests but options there are limited.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Travis Sheldon said:

Should I assume ESPN has the doubleheader Monday and NFL Network/ESPN for Tuesday matchups?

Monday Browns game is on NFL Network where it was going to be Saturday. Tuesday both at the same time on FOX Regional coverage determines which game you get. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cobra Commander said:

I'm not an attorney of any type but is it harder to fire someone for cause if you're rumored to have decided to fire him and you held off on it for a few days?

"So it's for cause, but you felt like you could wait a few days to do it?"

I would think so. Especially so because they seem to have fired him because of the kicking story even though it was reported to the team 3-1/2 months ago. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Well this will help cut down on the number of positive tests.

It's the most NFL way possible to handle this

That being said, the threshold for this to be considered 'successful' isn't really that high. Pretty much if the worst case scenarios doesn't happen, this will be seen as a success and if nothing overtly bad happens, it'll be hard to argue against it.

The whole "get boosted by the end of the month" thing sorta reminded me of the "flatten the curve soon so we have football" stuff from last summer, where if you're having to say that a month before the reason, your cake is baked. Whatever positive impact boosters would have still takes some time.

• Like 1

Excuse me, I was told by various authorities that Mac Jones was the greatest quarterback in all of football, that his farts cure cancer, and that his smile causes the sun to shine.  

Was I mistaken when I heard this? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Excuse me, I was told by various authorities that Mac Jones was the greatest quarterback in all of football, that his farts cure cancer, and that his smile causes the sun to shine.  

He may still be better than Wentz.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

If he leads a comeback, it's all your fault.

• Haha 1