DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2021 - WEEK 15

Dolfan in NYC

So a ton of people have got Covid as the 4th Wave comes crashing onto our shores.

The final push to the playoffs begins as everyone has completed their byes.  

And somehow someway, I still believe in the Miami Dolphins.

FGfmHjDXsAQD2rm.jpg

Enjoy your week

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Granted a lot of this is now due to the extra week of games but this is now only the third time since 1978 that no team had clinched a playoff berth through Week 14. (1978 was the first 16 game season). The other two years were 1993 and 2014

Arizona would have clinched yesterday if they won.

1 hour ago, Contentious C said:

Sally Jenkins sums up my feelings about Urban Meyer better than I ever could, somehow.  Please, get that fuckface out of there before he ruins Trevor Lawrence.

I think the easiest way he "goes" is if Lawrence tells ownership he's holding out next year unless he gets a new couch. Urban would be out the door pretty quick. But going into just his second year he may not feel bold enough to do that yet.

51 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I think the easiest way he "goes" is if Lawrence tells ownership he's holding out next year unless he gets a new couch. Urban would be out the door pretty quick. But going into just his second year he may not feel bold enough to do that yet.

I mean,  a new couch, even a really nice one only costs a couple grand they should do that immediately. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I like how you subconsciously associated Urban Meyer, former OSU coach, with couches and the need for a new one.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I'm pointing this out only because I've been giggling about it for two days: Urban Meyer has lost more games as the head coach of the Jacksonville Jaguars than he did as coach of Ohio State.

If they lose out, he will match his loss total at Florida.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, Lawrence doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who would stand up and make demands like that, at least not this offseason.  If it's the same story next year...then I could see him doing it, jumping on the grenade for his future but also his teammates, but that's assuming upper management doesn't lance the boil themselves first if there's another year of this shitshow.

There's also the question of who they'd get that's better.

I mean, practically anyone would be "better" better, but "better enough to actually get the team out of the perennial cellar".

31 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

5f177d0fb0f9e.image.jpg

Hi.

This is both hilarious and absolutely true. Caldwell is the new age Marty Schottenheimer. Your team will get better immediately,  but you'll also think you'd be better if you had another coach. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, supremebve said:

This is both hilarious and absolutely true. Caldwell is the new age Marty Schottenheimer. Your team will get better immediately,  but you'll also think you'd be better if you had another coach. 

Detroit absolutely shouldn't have fired him. I think just about every fan I talked to was baffled when they did, mostly with refrains of "he deserved one more year to see where he could get them."

Though if I'm hiring for Jacksonville, I'm probably looking at either Eric Bieniemy or Byron Leftwich.

Not noted in Schefter's tweet is that Kevin Stefanski also tested positive

Both Baker and Stefanski are vaccinated so they have a very narrow window to still be eligible for Saturday's game