DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 12/10/2021

Settle down, thevastmajorityofusnetico special 6-person tag bout:

Tay, Anna, Ruby vs Nyla, Bunny, Penelope.

Settle down, Tony and Britt shippers, and asphyxiation enthusiasts, special singles match:

Bay Bay vs Wheeler

Settle down, Jim Cornettico tag team title contest:

FTR vs Lucha Brothers - sadly not 2 out of 3 falls.

Settle down, @Jijinetico debut extravaganza:

Hook vs Fuego!

Hope all y'all are able to avoid the spoilers until then!

Edited by Gordberg
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

I'm not feeling the Lucha Brothers AEW World Tag Team Championship reign. I also want to slap Pentagon for spamming taunts ad nauseam. I want #FTR to win them back here but I don't think it'll be unfortunately. #FTR are the best tag team in the world.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

I'm starting to think back to that incredible story I believe @Octopusdid where Hook kept messing with his hair and smoking while there was a sitcom gone wrong.  That shit had me in stitches!  I'm really looking forward to the debut and particularly the reactions on here.

• Thanks 1

I just want his entrance music to be something cheesy, like "Hook" by Blues Traveler or the "You're a crook, Captain Hook, Judge won't you throw the book at the pirate" song from Arrested Development.

10 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I'm starting to think back to that incredible story I believe @Octopusdid where Hook kept messing with his hair and smoking while there was a sitcom gone wrong.  That shit had me in stitches!  I'm really looking forward to the debut and particularly the reactions on here.

Took me a minute to find it. Here ya go: 

• Thanks 1

I was so worried that I had missed Hook, I started swearing at TSN's website for not having Rampage streaming at 5 PM Pacific. My friend had to tell me to calm down, it's on at 7. 

It has been a long day.

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

So was anybody else distracted by the dude in the front row with the gray hoodie? Looked like he was giving Alex Abbrahantes a hard time, dude NEVER clapped or did anything besides stare or hold up his phone. Just... creepy. 

Also Hook ruled. 

The pantheons of Real Good Wrestling Debuts has, uh, another one.

That was the best Fight Hermanos vs. FTR match ever and maybe they've learned some chemistry but I don't know where you go from there. I kinda wish FTR won, just to prove that a title could change hands on Rampage. That problem was elevated in the main event - having matches with foregone conclusions are a part of wrestling, but it's tough when they've the main event of your one-hour show that ends at 11pm.

Mark Henry's getting better at his shtick every week and his commentary has been getting better on Elevation, I'm not against him getting back in the booth (assuming Jericho's not there). Excalibur sounded like my Grandma, who sounded like Froggy from The Little Rascals. If Trent's not gonna have hair Chuck or Wheeler needs to grow theirs out. Good show.

• Like 5

Holy SHIT! HOOK~!  So Dax Harwood is the best wrestler in AEW?  That match was fun but a real mess.  I love the Bunny and Penelope Ford assuming the role of Judy Martin and Leilani Kai as they come in and beat the hell out of folks.  Hook looked fucking great.  Adam Cole is totally awesome.

• Like 10

Just now, John E. Dynamite said:

That was the best Fight Hermanos vs. FTR match ever and maybe they've learned some chemistry but I don't know where you go from there.

End the feud, go out on a high note.  Jurassic Express gets their turn at the titles, FTR feuds with Sting and Darby.

• Like 1