DVDVR Message Board

UFC 269: Oliveira vs. Poirier (12/11/2021) - Las Vegas, NV (T-Mobile Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

220px-UFC_269_updated_poster.jpg

UFC 269: Oliveira vs. Poirier 
December 11, 2021
Las Vegas, NV (T-Mobile Arena)

UFC Lightweight Championship: Charles Oliveira (155) vs. Dustin Poirier (154.5) (first defense) - Oliveira, SUB (rear naked choke), R3 (1:02)
UFC Women's Bantamweight Championship: Amanda Nunes (134.5) vs. Julianna Peña (135) (sixth defense) - Peña, SUB (rear naked choke), R2 (3:26)
Geoff Neal (170.5) vs. Santiago Ponzinibbio (169.5) - Neal, DEC (split)
Kai Kara-France (125) vs. Cody Garbrandt (126) - Kara-France, TKO (strikes), R1 (3:21)
Raulian Paiva (135.5) vs. Sean O'Malley (135.5) - O'Malley, TKO (strikes), R1 (4:42)

ESPN2 / ESPN+ Preliminary Card:
Josh Emmett (145.5) vs. Dan Ige (146) - Emmett, DEC (unanimous)
Dominick Cruz (135) vs. Pedro Munhoz (135.5) - Cruz, DEC (unanimous)
Augusto Sakai (263.5) vs. Tai Tuivasa (264) - Tuivasa, KO (punch), R2 (0:26)
Jordan Wright (186) vs. Bruno Silva (186) - Silva, TKO (punches), R1 (1:28)

Fight Pass / ESPN+ Preliminary Card:
André Muniz (185.5) vs. Eryk Anders (185.5) - Muniz, SUB (armbar), R1 (3:13)
Erin Blanchfield (125.5) vs. Miranda Maverick (125) - Blanchfield, DEC (unanimous)
Ryan Hall (145.5) vs. Darrick Minner (146) - Hall, DEC (unanimous)
Randy Costa (134.5) vs. Tony Kelley (136) - Kelley, TKO (punches and elbows), R2 (4:15)
Gillian Robertson (125) vs. Priscila Cachoeira (129)* - Robertson, SUB (rear naked choke), R1 (4:59)

*Forfeits 30% of purse for missing weight  

Event Bonuses ($50,000)
Performance of the Night: Bruno Silva
Performance of the Night: Tai Tuivasa
Performance of the Night: Sean O'Malley
Performance of the Night: Kai Kara-France
Performance of the Night: Julianna Peña
Performance of the Night: Charles Oliveira
Fight of the NightDominick Cruz vs. Pedro Munhoz

Attendance18,471
Gate

Looking forward to this particularly the main event as Lightweight is the best weight class since 2010. The winner has a shot at Fighter of the Year but for Dustin Poirier, depends on the weight you give two wins over Conor McGregor as he's not what he was. Be interesting to see how Cody Garbrandt looks at Flyweight. The Bantamweight GOAT Dominick Cruz should be on the main card.

8 hours ago, The Natural said:

The Bantamweight GOAT Dominick Cruz should be on the main card.

i don't say this to diminish Cruz, because i agree that he is one of, if not THE, BW GOAT.  but i find it weird that Cruz never fought the dominant champion before him, Miguel Torres. And he never fought the guy who claimed the throne when Cruz was out injured, Renan Barao. (sidenote, i was really looking forward to Marlon Moraes joining the UFC and facing off against both Cruz and Barao- neither of which happened!) Again, i fully believe that Cruz would beat all of those guys, but it's just one of the oddities of this sport. 

back on topic, this looks like a damn good card. looking forward to it!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, twiztor said:

i don't say this to diminish Cruz, because i agree that he is one of, if not THE, BW GOAT.  but i find it weird that Cruz never fought the dominant champion before him, Miguel Torres. And he never fought the guy who claimed the throne when Cruz was out injured, Renan Barao. (sidenote, i was really looking forward to Marlon Moraes joining the UFC and facing off against both Cruz and Barao- neither of which happened!) Again, i fully believe that Cruz would beat all of those guys, but it's just one of the oddities of this sport. 

back on topic, this looks like a damn good card. looking forward to it!

It's a shame some fights never happen like those you bring up.

• Like 1