DVDVR Message Board

ROH FINAL BATTLE "End of an Era" (12/11/2021)

RIPPA

Line-up for possibly their last show ever

• ROH World Champion Bandido defends against Jonathan Gresham
  • ROH Tag Team Champions The OGK (Matt Taven & Mike Bennett) defend against The Briscoes (Jay & Mark Briscoe)
  • Brody King, Homicide & Tony Deppen vs. Tracy Williams, Taylor Rust & Eli Isom
  • ROH Women's World Champion Rok-C defends against Willow Nightingale
  • ROH Pure Champion Josh Woods defends against Brian Johnson
  • ROH Television Champion Dalton Castle defends against Rhett Titus, Silas Young, and Joe Hendry in a four-way match
  • Fight Without Honor: Shane Taylor vs. Kenny King
  • ROH Six-Man Tag Team Champions Shane Taylor Promotions (Moses, Kaun & O'Shay Edwards) defend against The Righteous (Vincent, Bateman & Dutch)
  • Dragon Lee vs. Rey Horus
  • Chelsea Green & The Hex (Allysin Kay & Marti Belle) vs. The Allure (Angelina Love & Mandy Leon) & Miranda Alize
  • Wildcard 10-man tag match*

* airing during Hour One which is free on HonorClub, Youtube and Facebook

The most RoH thing to do would be to book Jay Lethal to work Gresham in the main event.

Quinn is getting stuck with broadcast duties only?  They're not going to let her work a match for what might be the last RoH thing ever?

Edited by J.T.
  • Haha 2

So apparently Tony Khan said he would be "willing to lend support" for Final Battle.  What that is nobody knows.  What people hope is that it is Punk and/or Danielson.  What is probably going to happen is Gresham vs Lethal in the main event. 

44 minutes ago, hammerva said:

So apparently Tony Khan said he would be "willing to lend support" for Final Battle.  What that is nobody knows.  What people hope is that it is Punk and/or Danielson.  What is probably going to happen is Gresham vs Lethal in the main event. 

They could go with Christopher Daniels, he was in the main event of the first show after all.

If ROH is going to be a zombie promotion not running for six months, or whatever, there's value in having their belt/intellectual property carried around and defended now and again on AEW's TV, no? If the alternative is that it doesn't exist at all.

• Like 1

• RIPPA pinned this topic

Well of that's it for RoH, not a bad was to go out.

If Shane Taylor goes unsigned by anyone it'll be a sin.

So, Impact is gonna carry the Women's belt for a bot, AEW has the tag, and NJPW has the World?

So who has the 3rd guy in the Narrative run in tonight.  Obviously one was Braun Strowman and the other was Wesley Blake.  But the other no clue

Only real negative on show was ROH was the women's title match.  Willow is such a star and damn good wrestler and RokC struggled in this one.  The crowd was not having that finish 

The tribute waa cool although live it kind of sucked live because the wrestlers were still in the ring.  Danielson talking about ROH while FTR is still causing havoc was funny.  Also it sure felt like Punk was shittjng on ROH while trying to put it over as well

Edited by hammerva

9 hours ago, hammerva said:

So who has the 3rd guy in the Narrative run in tonight.  Obviously one was Braun Strowman and the other was Wesley Blake.  But the other no clue

• Haha 2

The biggest question I got from the show was it is obvious we are getting FTR vs the Briscoes.  But where.   Are the Briscoes signed with AEW and it is going to happen there?  Is FTR going to do a run-in at a GCW show and maybe it happens there.  

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

The biggest question I got from the show was it is obvious we are getting FTR vs the Briscoes.  But where.   Are the Briscoes signed with AEW and it is going to happen there?  Is FTR going to do a run-in at a GCW show and maybe it happens there.  

AAA tag champs vs ROH tag champs at Battle of the Belts??

• Like 1

Pretty sure the third guy is this guy

https://twitter.com/LoKeys910

This is his blurb on the Free the Narrative website

THE FODDER
MERTON WOOLARD (@lokeys910)
-accomplished physique champion
-tattooed face puncher
-#psychoboy in training
-lead tech master of propaganda
-purpose fulfiller

On 12/12/2021 at 7:30 AM, Ziggy said:

I hope it's not the end. Listening to Meltzer he seems to believe that they are still in a better position than Impact is. Seeing all those guys say goodbye to ROH  though really hit me that it could be the end though 

How is that supposed to work when Impact is running shows and RoH isn't?

• Like 1

I watched this last night and really enjoyed it, despite how tepid ROH has been for a long time now. Despite being a fan since day one, I'd all but given up on them once covid started as they product was so stale and just couldn't get into the empty arena shows.

The matches ranged from really good to at least solid and the roster has a lot of talented workers. A lot of guys I hadn't seen in a while had improved, or at least were performing better than I remembered. There were established storylines and feuds going into most of the matches and told stories throughout. Even the post-bout stuff that went on after most of them set up what would potentially be future storylines. If ROH wasn't going dark for an indeterminate amount of time I'd be looking forward to see what would happen afterwards. The messages from the alums were a nice touch. I really hope they can either continue or the principle players end up on top.

15 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Pretty sure the third guy is this guy

https://twitter.com/LoKeys910

This is his blurb on the Free the Narrative website

"Merton Woolard" sounds like the name of a nerdy kid from an 80s teen movie.

5 hours ago, Archibald said:

How is that supposed to work when Impact is running shows and RoH isn't?

Does it have something to do with the fact that IF ROH comes back in 6 months, it has still been "dead" for a shorter time that IMPACT that has walked as a zombie/ in a vegetative state for several years now? Now, if ROH doesn't come back at all, then he's making no sense and is obviously talking out of his ass.